13 Memory Care Facilities near Bluffton, SC
Also serving communities of Hilton Head Island, Hilton Head, Okatie.
Bloom at Bluffton800 Fording Island Rd., Bluffton, SC
Bloom at Belfair60 Oak Forest Road, Bluffton, SC
Morningside of Savannah7410 Skidaway Road, Savannah, GA
Buckingham South Assisted Living5450 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA
Insignia of Savannah11310 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA
Brookdale Hilton Head Court48 Main Street, Hilton Head, SC
Bloom at Hilton Head35 Beach City Rd., Hilton Head Island, SC
Canterfield of Bluffton567 N. Okatie Hway, Okatie, SC
The Retreat at Lady's Island9 Sunset Blvd, Beaufort, SC
Shepherd Living at Savannah Quarters101 Shepherd Way, Pooler, GA
Habersham House5200 Habersham Street, Savannah, GA
Oxton Court of Savannah249 Holland Drive, Savannah, GA
2014, 2015, 2016
Summit Place of Beaufort1119 Pickpocket Plantation Boulevard, Beaufort, SC
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Bluffton area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 5 reviews of memory care communities in the Bluffton area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 13 memory care communities in the Bluffton area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Bluffton
Located just east of the Atlantic Coast and Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, South Carolina, has a population of around 21,000, with 14 percent of residents aged 65 and older. In a state where approximately 89,000 people have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, Bluffton has 13 memory care facilities close by to help accommodate these seniors.
In South Carolina, memory care facilities are referred to as Alzheimer’s Special Care Units (SCUs). These facilities provide room and board, medication administration and therapeutic activities for those with cognitive impairments.
- The cost of living in Bluffton is 109.2, which is higher than the national average of 100. Seniors paying for memory care may have a hard time making ends meet when living within the city limits. This cost of living average is also higher than the state’s average of 94.
- Crime in Bluffton is based on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). Violent crime is ranked 22.9, lower than the national average of 31.1, while property crime is ranked 41.8, higher than the national average of 38.1. Families with seniors in memory care facilities may have concerns about property crime statistics.
- Seniors in memory care may find the warm temperatures in Bluffton ideal for enjoying outdoor activities supervised by staff. Summers are hot and humid with average July highs around 92. Winters are short and mild with average July lows around 38. The city rarely gets snow, which is ideal for those who can’t tolerate the cold.
- The city of Bluffton is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Encompass Health and the Hilton Head Regional Healthcare system, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Memory Care in Bluffton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Memory Care costs in Bluffton start around $3,850 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Bluffton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Bluffton
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in South Carolina page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Bluffton
Bluffton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Bluffton
Directory of Winners in Bluffton Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Bluffton
Bluffton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.