4 Memory Care Facilities near York, PA
Also serving communities of Maytown.
The Haven at Springwood2321 Freedom Way, York, PA
Senior Commons at Powder Mill1775 Powder Mill Road, York, PA
Country Meadows - Leader Heights2760 Pine Grove Road, York, PA
2013, 2016, 2018
Country Meadows of York (West York)1920 Trolley Road, York, PA
At A Glance
There are 4 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $5,087 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the York area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 4 memory care communities in the York area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in York
York, Pennsylvania, has a population of 44,132 people. Although only a little over 9.1 percent of York residents are seniors, there are four memory care facilities in York and one in neighboring Maytown to serve individuals with Alzheimer’s and various types of dementia. Pennsylvania offers two types of memory care facilities: assisted living residences and personal care homes. Assisted living residences are licensed by the Department of Aging and may provide nursing home care and other services to four or more adults. Personal care homes, licensed by the Department of Public Welfare, can also house four or more residents but cannot provide nursing home care. An assisted living residence and a personal care home may operate in one building with a dual license.
- York is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as the York Neurology Specialists at UPMC Pinnacle Memorial Hospital, as well as Wellspan York Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- In Pennsylvania, seniors 60 years of age or older do not have to pay taxes on their pensions, Social Security incomes or income from other retirement accounts. In addition, the overall cost of living in York is reasonable. Housing is the biggest contributor, being 70 percent lower than the national average. As such, this city is an attractive option for seniors with a limited budget.
- This city is overcast and rainy for most of the year, but it sees some extreme weather during the summer and winter. York averages 42 inches of rain and 24 inches of snow per year, and January sees an average low of 22 degrees Fahrenheit, while the average July high is 85 degrees. It is a good idea to ensure that your chosen memory care facility has a plan to prevent residents from wandering outside in harsh weather.
- Despite the fact that the Harrisburg-York-Lebanon area has the 15th highest particle pollution level out of 187 US metropolitan areas, the American Lung Association gives York County a passing grade for its annual particle pollution levels. This suggests that the air quality is not likely to worsen the conditions of seniors with respiratory conditions.
Paying for Memory Care in York
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Memory Care costs in York start around $5,087 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in York and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in York
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Pennsylvania page.
Free Memory Care Resources in York
York and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in York
Directory of Winners in York Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in York
York-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.