7 Memory Care Facilities near West Babylon, NY
Also serving communities of Bay Shore.
Sunrise of West Babylon540 Montauk Highway, West Babylon, NY
The Bristal at West Babylon520 Montauk Highway, West Babylon, NY
Sunrise of Dix Hills337 Deer Park Road, Huntington Station, NY
Atria Bay Shore53 Ocean Avenue, Bay Shore, NY
Sunrise of Plainview1231 Old Country Road, Plainview, NY
The Bristal at Massapequa400 County Line Road, Massapequa, NY
Brandywine Living at Huntington Terrace70 Pinelawn Road, Melville, NY
At A Glance
There are 7 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $4,902 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the West Babylon area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 7 memory care communities in the West Babylon area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in West Babylon
The population of West Babylon, New York, is approximately 43,213, with 16 percent of residents in the 65+ age group. In New York state, there are an estimated 400,000 people age 65 and older who have Alzheimer’s disease. To accommodate those with Alzheimer's or another type of dementia in West Babylon, there are two memory care facilities in the city and five in surrounding cities, such as Bay Shore and Huntington Station.
Assisted living residences (ALRs) in West Babylon and the rest of New York are licensed by the Department of Health. Those providing memory care are upheld to strict requirements regarding staffing, training and facility safety. There must be registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and home health aides on-site at memory care facilities, in addition to the required ALR staff.
- West Babylon is a tax-friendly city for seniors because Social Security benefits aren’t taxed in New York state. Other types of retirement income are deductible up to $20,000.
- The property crime rate in West Babylon is 31.7, lower than the U.S. average of 38.1. Although the violent crime rate of 33.8 is a bit higher than the national average of 31.1, residents of memory care are kept safe by strict security requirements and 24/7 on-site staff.
- West Babylon has an air quality ranking of 64 out of 100, while the U.S. ranks at 58. This makes the city a favorable place to reside for seniors who may have compromised respiratory systems or who are sensitive to pollution.
- West Babylon has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital specializing in brain health and dementia care located in Mineola.
Paying for Memory Care in West Babylon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Memory Care costs in West Babylon start around $4,902 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in West Babylon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in West Babylon
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in New York page.
Free Memory Care Resources in West Babylon
West Babylon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in West Babylon
Directory of Winners in the West Babylon Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in West Babylon
West Babylon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in New York page for more information about these laws.