22 Memory Care Facilities near Riverdale, NY
Also serving communities of Bronx.
Atria Riverdale3718-3726 Henry Hudson Parkway, Riverdale, NY
Schervier Nursing Care Center2975 Independence Avenue, Riverdale, NY
Brookdale Paramus186 Paramus Rd., Paramus, NJ
Sunrise at Fleetwood500 North Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon, NY
Sunrise of Old Tappan195 Old Tappan Road, Old Tappan, NJ
Brookdale Emerson590 Old Hook Road, Emerson, NJ
Sunrise of Edgewater351 River Road, Edgewater, NJ
Sunrise of Cresskill4 Tenakill Park Drive, East, Cresskill, NJ
Fox Trail Memory Care Living at Cresskill248 Madison Ave, Cresskill, NJ
Sunrise of Crestwood65 Crisfield Street, Yonkers, NY
Harmony Village at CareOne Paramus189 Paramus Road, Paramus, NJ
Fox Trail Memory Care Living at Paramus143 Fairview Ave, Paramus, NJ
Sutton Gardens Senior Living147-02 34th Avenue, Flushing, NY
Atria Norwood545 Tappan Road, Norwood, NJ
The Fountains at RivervueOne RiverVue Place, Tuckahoe, NY
2014, 2017, 2018
Five Star Premier Residences of Yonkers537 Riverdale Avenue, Yonkers, NY
Atria Woodlands1017 Saw Mill River Road, Ardsley, NY
The Esplanade at Palisades640 Oak Tree Road, Palisades, NY
The 80th Street Residence430 East 80th Street, New York, NY 10075, New York, NY
Brightview Tenafly55 Hudson Avenue, Tenafly, NJ
At A Glance
There are 22 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $10,195 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Riverdale area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 5 reviews of memory care communities in the Riverdale area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 22 memory care communities in the Riverdale area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Riverdale
Riverdale, New York, is a neighborhood in the Bronx borough that has an estimated population of 112,205, with approximately 12.3 percent of Bronx residents 65 and older. Approximately 400,000 New York residents have Alzheimer’s disease, and for those in Riverdale, there are two memory care facilities in the city and 20 in nearby areas, including Paramus and Mount Vernon.
In Riverdale and all of New York, adult care facilities are licensed by the Department of Health, with three categories based on level of care. Those that provide memory care are called assisted living residences (ALRs) and are required to meet certain requirements that include but aren’t limited to staffing and facility security. One such requirement is that the facility must be self-contained without being fully locked and have delayed-egress systems on external doors.
- The cost of living in the Bronx, of which Riverdale is a part, is 165.8. Comparatively, the U.S. average is 100 and the New York state average is 129. The higher living cost may be reflected in memory care facility costs and in other areas such as health care, groceries and transportation.
- New York state doesn’t tax Social Security benefits. This may help Riverdale memory care residents and their families offset the higher living costs. Other types of retirement income, such as IRA accounts, are deductible up to $20,000.
- Riverdale and the Bronx ranks 61 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index, while the U.S. average ranking is 54. This means Riverdale has more comfortable days between 70 and 80 degrees for memory care residents to enjoy than the rest of the United States in general. Winters in Riverdale can be harsh, with January lows reaching around 26 degrees.
- The Bronx, which includes Riverdale, is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Montefiore Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Memory Care in Riverdale
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Memory Care costs in Riverdale start around $10,195 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,736 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Riverdale and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Riverdale
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in New York page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Riverdale
Riverdale and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Riverdale
Directory of Winners in the Riverdale Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Riverdale
Riverdale-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in New York page for more information about these laws.