13 Memory Care Facilities in Fenton, MI
Also serving communities of Holly, White Lake.
Courtyard Manor of Fenton2205 N Long Lake Rd, Fenton, MI
Rockwell Memory Care700 S. Adelaide, Fenton, MI
Vicinia Gardens4016 Vicinia Way, Fenton, MI
Landings of Genesee Valley4444 West Court Street, Flint, MI
Brookdale Grand Blanc5130 Baldwin Road, Holly, MI
The Pines of Clarkston7550 Dixie Hwy, Clarkston, MI
The Pines of Goodrich8111 S State Road, Goodrich, MI
Swank Home Assisted Living9412 Miller Road, Swartz Creek, MI
Courtyard Manor of Swartz Creek8240 Miller Road, Swartz Creek, MI
Strawberry Fields Retirement Home1305 Ford Road,, White Lake, MI
The Oaks at Woodfield5370 East Baldwin Road, Grand Blanc, MI
Bella Vita Senior Living - Grand Blanc1481 E Hill Road, Grand Blanc, MI
Groveland Quality Care4770 Groveland Road, Ortonville, MI
At A Glance
There are 13 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $3,651 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Fenton area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 3 reviews of memory care communities in the Fenton area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 13 memory care communities in the Fenton area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Fenton
Fenton is located in Oakland County, just outside of Flint, Michigan, and the area is home to a considerable senior population. Throughout the state, an estimated 240,000 seniors have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease or another form of dementia. In Fenton, where nearly 20 percent of the population is 65 or older, there's a substantial need for services that cater to those with dementia.
There are three memory care facilities located in Fenton and an additional eight in nearby cities such as Flint, Holly and Clarkston. These facilities are regulated by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
- The air quality in Fenton and throughout Oakland County has a passing grade from the American Lung Association. That means that seniors and those with respiratory illnesses or cardiovascular disease can live in the area with little worry for how the air they breathe may affect their health.
- The cost of living in Fenton is reasonable. The overall cost of living is on par with the U.S. average, and the cost of health care is 17 percent below average. Families of seniors who require frequent medical attention might find that Fenton is an ideal location when it comes to budgeting for care.
Violent crime rates in Fenton are less than one-third of the state average and nearly one-third of the national average. Seniors and their loved ones can feel secure knowing that the area is relatively safe. However, it's always a good idea to discuss security with memory care facilities to ensure that measures are in place to protect residents from crime.
- The Fenton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those that specialize in brain health and dementia care such as McLaren Flint-Fenton Community Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Memory Care in Fenton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Memory Care costs in Fenton start around $3,651 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Fenton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Fenton
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Michigan page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Fenton
Fenton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Fenton
Directory of Winners in the Fenton Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Fenton
Fenton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Michigan page for more information about these laws.