29 Memory Care Facilities in Bethesda, MD
Also serving communities of Chevy Chase, Kensington.
Sunrise at Fox Hill8300 Burdett Road, Bethesda, MD
Sunrise of Bethesda4925 Battery Lane, Bethesda, MD
Brookdale Arlington3821 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA
Sunrise of Silver Spring11621 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD
Sunrise of Arlington VA2000 North Glebe Road, Arlington, VA
2016, 2017, 2018
Brookdale Potomac11215 Seven Locks Road, Potomac, MD
Grand Oaks Assisted Living5901 MacArthur Boulevard, NW, Washington, DC
The Jefferson900 North Taylor Street, Arlington, VA
Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights5555 Friendship Boulevard, Chevy Chase, MD
Sunrise on Connecticut Avenue5111 Connecticut Avenue, Washington, DC
Sunrise of McLean8315 Turning Leaf Lane, Mclean, VA
Sunrise at Bluemont Park5920 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA
Sunrise of Falls Church330 North Washington Street, Falls Church, VA
Assisted Living of Potomac I11901 Falls Road, Potomac, MD
Sunrise of Rockville8 Baltimore Road, Rockville, MD
Serenity Gardens Assisted Living10829 Bit and Spur Lane, Potomac, MD
The Residences at Thomas Circle1330 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC
AlfredHouse II4 Broomall Court, Silver Spring, MD
AlfredHouse Shalom711 Lamberton Drive, Silver Spring, MD
AlfredHouse IV14519 Manor Park Drive, Rockville, MD
At A Glance
There are 29 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $7,265 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Bethesda area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 29 memory care communities in the Bethesda area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Bethesda
Bethesda has a population of about 60,000 residents, and nearly 19 percent of them are aged 65 and older. For those Bethesda seniors living with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders, a memory care facility may provide the resources that this population requires. Bethesda is home to two such facilities, with another 26 in nearby cities like Silver Spring and Potomac.
The Maryland Department of Health's Assisted Living Unit oversees the state's assisted living facilities, which include memory care facilities. These regulations ensure the facilities deliver high-quality care to seniors living in Bethesda and throughout the state.
- Bethesda's cost of living is significantly higher than the national average, coming in at 222.1 on a scale where 100 represents the national average. Housing costs are especially high in Bethesda. As such, memory care facility costs are also higher than the national median.
- Seniors in Bethesda may enjoy some tax savings, however. While Maryland does have a state income tax, the state does not tax social security income, which can result in some savings.
- Seniors living in Bethesda will experience all four seasons. Winters are cold, with January lows in the 20s and about 15 inches of snow per year. Summers warm to high temperatures in the upper 80s. The area sees more rain and fewer sunny days than the national average.
- Seniors' families can rest easy knowing the crime rates in Bethesda are below the national average. The violent crime rate is 27.7 and the property crime rate is 36.4 on a scale where one represents the safest city and 100 the most dangerous. For even more peace of mind, seniors' families may want to inquire about security features, such as cameras or gates, at the memory care facility.
Paying for Memory Care in Bethesda
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Memory Care costs in Bethesda start around $7,265 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Bethesda and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Bethesda
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Maryland page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Bethesda
Bethesda and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Bethesda
Directory of Winners in the Bethesda Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Bethesda
Bethesda-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Maryland page for more information about these laws.