22 Memory Care Facilities near Overland Park, KS
Looks like there are no memory care facilities in this area!
Try searching a different location. Still need help? Call us at (800) 973-1540
At A Glance
There are 22 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $5,005 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Overland Park area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 50 reviews of memory care communities in the Overland Park area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 22 memory care communities in the Overland Park area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Overland Park
Overland Park, which is situated in Johnson County, Kansas, has a population of nearly 200,000, roughly 14 percent of whom are over the age of 65 — some of which have Alzheimer's disease or some other form of dementia. The city is home to The University of Kansas Health System, which has received numerous awards for being among the best hospitals in the country for geriatrics and is an industry leader in researching the causes of dementia. The Overland Park itself supports local seniors with dementia by offering a dozen memory care facilities, and families will find 11 more outside the city limits.
- Seniors with respiratory illnesses or cardiovascular disease can breathe easy in Overland Park, which has outstanding air quality. The American Lung Association gave Johnson County an "A" for both ozone pollution and 24-hour particle pollution as well as a passing grade for annual particle pollution.
- Overland Park's year-round climate is typical of the Midwest, with hot, muggy summers and cold, windy winters. While the high summer humidity levels may be a consideration for seniors who enjoy being outdoors, the area's relatively modest annual snowfall may make travel easier for families visiting their loved ones at their memory care facility.
- While the overall cost of living in Overland Park is 30 percent higher than the state average and 20 percent higher than the national average, this is primarily due to the high cost of housing in the area. When it comes to healthcare expenses, seniors can expect to pay only slightly more than they would in other cities in the state and country.
- Overland Park is a safe city with a relatively low crime rate, which may provide peace of mind to families who are helping their loved ones make the transition to a memory care facility. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 representing low crime, the rate of violent crime is 12.2 and the rate of property crime is 33.5, compared to the respective national averages of 31.1 and 38.1.
Paying for Memory Care in Overland Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kansas
Memory Care costs in Overland Park start around $5,005 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Overland Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Overland Park
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Kansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Kansas page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Overland Park
Overland Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Overland Park
Directory of Winners in Overland Park Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Overland Park
Overland Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kansas are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Kansas page for more information about these laws.