30 Memory Care Facilities near Collinsville, IL
Also serving communities of Glen Carbon, Granite City, Edwardsville.
Cedarhurst of Collinsville1207 Vandalia, Collinsville, IL
Collinsville Villas and Reflections121 South Bluff Road, Collinsville, IL
Creve Coeur Assisted Living & Memory Care693 Decker Lane, Creve Coeur, MO
Southview Assisted Living & Memory Care9916 Reavis Road, Affton, MO
Sunrise On Clayton7920 Clayton Road, Richmond Heights, MO
The Sheridan at Creve Coeur450 North Lindbergh Blvd, Creve Coeur, MO
Cedarhurst of Bethalto903 North Moreland Road, Bethalto, IL
Bethalto Villas and Reflections312 Mechanical Drive, Bethalto, IL
Sunrise of Webster Groves45 E. Lockwood Avenue, Webster Groves, MO
Cedarhurst of Shiloh429 South Main Street, Shiloh, IL
The Sheridan at Laumeier Park12470 Rott Road, Sunset Hills, MO
Bradford Place1463 Benchmark Ct, Swansea, IL
Cedarhurst of Edwardsville7108 Marine Road, Edwardsville, IL
San Gabriel Memory Care813 Lars Hoffman Crossing, Godfrey, IL
Cedarhurst of Waterloo518 Legacy Drive, Waterloo, IL
Cedarhurst of Highland220 Field Crossing Drive, Highland, IL
StoneBridge Senior Living - Maryland Heights2963 Doddridge Avenue, Maryland Heights, MO
Charter Senior Living at St. Louis Hills6543 Chippewa, St. Louis, MO
Stonecrest at Clayton View8825 Eager Road, Richmond Heights, MO
Sycamore Village Assisted Living225 Castellano Drive, Swansea, IL
At A Glance
There are 30 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $4,400 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Collinsville area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 30 memory care communities in the Collinsville area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Collinsville
Collinsville is a small city in Madison County, Illinois with a little under 25,000 residents, nearly 15 percent of whom are 65 and over. It is estimated that nearly 12 percent of Madison County seniors who have Medicare have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's or dementia. Seniors and families who have been affected by Alzheimer's are served by the Alzheimer's Association Illinois Chapter, which provides resources, hosts events and advocates for those with Alzheimer's.
In Collinsville, as in all of Illinois, memory care services are offered either in supportive living facilities, which are solely for those with dementia, or in an assisted living facility that is licensed to provide dementia care. Collinsville has two memory care facilities, and there are over two dozen more facilities nearby.
- Ozone pollution levels in Madison County are high, with the county receiving an F for this type of pollution from the American Lung Association. Collinsville's air quality may impact the health of memory care residents with respiratory illnesses or cardiovascular disease.
- Overall, living costs in Collinsville are about 10 percent below the national median, and healthcare expenses are only slightly higher than the nationwide average. Since the community is a relatively affordable place to live, more money may be left in the budget for memory care expenses.
- Illinois has full deductions for Social Security benefits, pension income and income from retirement savings accounts, meaning that Collinsville seniors hang on to the entirety of all retirement income.
- Collinsville is rated safer than 21 percent of cities in the country and 15 percent of other Illinois cities. When compared exclusively to cities with similar population sizes, Collinsville's crime rate stands out as higher than most. Memory care facilities are equipped with automatically locking doors, surveillance cameras and alarm systems to keep residents safe.
Paying for Memory Care in Collinsville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Memory Care costs in Collinsville start around $4,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Collinsville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Collinsville
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Illinois page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Collinsville
Collinsville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Collinsville
Directory of Winners in the Collinsville Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Collinsville
Collinsville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Illinois page for more information about these laws.