3 Memory Care Facilities near Fayetteville, GA
Hope Memory Center - Fayetteville355 Brandywine Blvd, Fayetteville, GA
Gardens of Fayetteville1294 GA-54 , Fayetteville, GA
Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care441 Prime Point, Peachtree City, GA
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Fayetteville area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 6 reviews of memory care communities in the Fayetteville area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 3 memory care communities in the Fayetteville area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Fayetteville
Fayetteville is a city in Georgia that is approximately 30 minutes south of Atlanta. With approximately 3,100 seniors over the age of 65, the city is home to three memory care facilities that treat individuals who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
In Fayetteville and in Georgia, Memory Care Units (MCUs) are specialized units that are part of assisted living communities and personal care homes. They offer both memory care services and personal care services to the 140,000 individuals in Georgia who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Memory care services include overnight care, programs, activities and devices that are needed for individuals with cognitive deficits.
- The city of Fayetteville is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Piedmont Fayette Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors on a budget, including those paying for memory care, may have difficulties saving money at the end of the month due to the high cost of living. The cost of living in Fayetteville is 115.4, which is higher than the state average of 100 and the national average of 100.
- In Fayetteville, summers are hot and humid and winters are short and cold. The average temperatures throughout the year range from 89 degrees Fahrenheit in July down to 32 degrees in January. The city rarely gets snow but gets around 50 inches of rain, which is higher than the national average of 39 inches. Seniors who are sensitive to the heat may have trouble getting outside in the warmer months.
- Seniors in Fayetteville have a one in 32 chance of becoming a victim of crime. This may make those who live here feel unsafe when going back and forth on errands and medical appointments. The overall crime rate is 12 percent higher than the national average and 7 percent lower than the state average.
Paying for Memory Care in Fayetteville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Memory Care costs in Fayetteville start around $5,224 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Fayetteville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Fayetteville
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Georgia page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Fayetteville
Fayetteville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Fayetteville
Directory of Winners in Fayetteville Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Fayetteville
Fayetteville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Georgia page for more information about these laws.