6 Memory Care Facilities near Sun City Center, FL
Also serving communities of Ruskin, Sun City.
Sun Towers Retirement101 Trinity Lakes Drive, Sun City Center, FL
2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Belvedere Commons of Sun City Center758 Cortaro Drive, Sun City Center, FL
Inspired Living at Sun City Center1320 33rd St SE, Sun City Center, FL
Sun City Senior Living3855 Upper Creek Dr, Sun City, FL
Twin Creeks13470 Boyette Road, Riverview, FL
Cypress Creek Assisted Living Residence970 Cypress Village Blvd, Ruskin, FL
At A Glance
There are 6 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $4,299 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Sun City Center area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 9 reviews of memory care communities in the Sun City Center area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 6 memory care communities in the Sun City Center area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Sun City Center
Sun City Center, Florida, is an age-restricted (55+) independent retirement community located 30 miles south of Tampa, and it has a population of nearly 20,000 residents. Sun City Center serves its share of Florida's 540,000 seniors with Alzheimer's disease by offering 14 memory care facilities. Memory care facilities in the state of Florida and Sun City Center are classified as Assisted Living Facilities. Each unit must have staff trained by a state-approved instructor in order to serve residents with Alzheimer's or any form of dementia. The Florida Department of Elder Affairs regulates memory care facilities.
- Many seniors choose to live or retire in Florida because of the state's tax cuts. Because Social Security is exempt from taxation in Sun City Center, families choosing memory care in the area can spend money on facility costs rather than taxes.
Temperatures in Sun City Center typically range between 50 and 90 degrees. Because the area never gets cold enough, Sun City Center averages zero inches of snow and offers seniors almost constant sunshine and mild winters. So little precipitation in the area makes visiting memory care facilities convenient for families and friends.
- The Sun City Center area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital specializing in brain health and dementia care, Florida Hospital, located in Tampa.
- Sun City Center's crime rates are lower than 80 percent of all other cities across the state of Florida. This means that a senior's chance of being a victim of violent or property crime in the Sun City Center (one in 138) is considerably lower than the national average chance of being a victim of crime (one in 35). Such low crime rates could give families assurance that their loved ones are safe while in Sun City Center.
Paying for Memory Care in Sun City Center
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Memory Care costs in Sun City Center start around $4,299 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Sun City Center and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Sun City Center
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Florida page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Sun City Center
Sun City Center and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Sun City Center
Directory of Winners in Sun City Center Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Sun City Center
Sun City Center-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Florida page for more information about these laws.