36 Memory Care Facilities in San Marcos, CA
Silvergate San Marcos1550 Security Place, San Marcos, CA
Mary Katherine's Home2115 Twin Oaks Valley Road, San Marcos, CA
The Meridian at Lake San Marcos1177 San Marino Drive, San Marcos, CA
Brookdale Oceanside3524 Lake Blvd., Oceanside, CA
Vista Gardens Memory Care1863 Devon Place, Vista, CA
2017, 2018, 2019
Pacifica Senior Living Vista760 E Bobier Dr, Vista, CA
Westmont Town Court500 E. Valley Parkway, Escondido, CA
Redwood Terrace710 13th Avenue, Escondido, CA
Oakmont of Escondido Hills3012 Bear Valley Parkway South, Escondido, CA
Sunrise at La Costa7020 Manzanita Street, Carlsbad, CA
2013, 2014, 2018
Brookdale Carlsbad3140 El Camino Real, Carlsbad, CA
Felicita Vida Senior Living930 Monticello Drive, Escondido, CA
Pacifica Senior Living Escondido1351 East Washington Ave, Escondido, CA
Pacifica Senior Living Oceanside5508 Pacifica Way, Oceanside, CA
Casa Aldea Senior Living14740 Via Fiesta, San Diego, CA
Belmont Village Cardiff by the Sea3535 Manchester Avenue, Cardiff By The Sea, CA
The Manse2354 Watson Way, Vista, CA
Olivenhain Guest Home for Memory Care!350 Cole Ranch Road, Encinitas, CA
Vista Del Lago1817 Avenida del Diablo, Escondido, CA
Las Villas Del Norte1325 Las Villas Way, Escondido, CA
At A Glance
There are 36 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $4,212 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the San Marcos area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 36 memory care communities in the San Marcos area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in San Marcos
San Marcos, California, is located in southern California and has about 96,000 residents, approximately 12 percent of whom are seniors 65 and older. This age group is the most vulnerable to develop dementia. In California, some 650,000 people have Alzheimer's disease and that number is growing. To provide the necessary services and support to these aging citizens, San Marcos has three memory care facilities, and there are over three dozen more in surrounding cities.
Memory care facilities in San Marcos and all of California are referred to as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly. Some RCFEs have dedicated properties, and others are co-located with assisted living facilities.
- San Marcos's cost of living is 172.8, much higher than the national average of 100. It is driven by housing cost which may impact fees paid by memory care residents and their families.
- On a crime scale between one and 100, with a high score indicating more crime, San Marcos has a violent crime rate of 22.2 and a property crime rate of 28.4, compared to the U.S. averages of 31.1 and 38.1 respectively. Despite the lower crime rates here, when touring various memory care facilities, caregivers may want to discuss steps taken to ensure the safety of residents.
- On average, San Marcos gets 265 sunny days per year, much higher than the national average of 205. However, temperatures are moderate throughout the year. Summer highs in July average 84 degrees, while winter lows average 44 degrees. If memory care residents are offered supervised outdoor time, it's worth asking what precautions are taken to ensure they are protected from the sun.
- California has some of the highest taxes in the country. Income from retirement accounts and pensions are fully taxed, although Social Security retirement benefits are exempt from state income tax. This may be a consideration for family members considering a move to be closer to loved ones in San Marcos memory care facilities.
Paying for Memory Care in San Marcos
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Memory Care costs in San Marcos start around $4,865 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in San Marcos and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in San Marcos
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in California page.
Free Memory Care Resources in San Marcos
San Marcos and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in San Marcos
Directory of Winners in the San Marcos Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in San Marcos
San Marcos-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in California page for more information about these laws.