4 Memory Care Facilities near Livermore, CA
A Gabriela's Villa1051 Lynn Street, Livermore, CA
The Watermark at Rosewood Gardens35 Fenton Street, Livermore, CA
The Parkview100 Valley Avenue, Pleasanton, CA
Sunol Creek5980 Sunol Boulevard, Pleasanton, CA
At A Glance
There are 4 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $4,750 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Livermore area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 4 memory care communities in the Livermore area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Livermore
With more than 11 percent of its population over the age of 65, Livermore is a popular retirement destination for seniors thanks to its scenic views and charming tree-lined streets. The area is home to top medical facilities that specialize in dementia and brain health, such as ValleyCare Physicians Associates, which provides high-level care to seniors suffering from dementia disorders such as Alzheimer's Disease and Huntington's Disease.
There are two memory care facilities in Livermore, as well as two nearby in Pleasanton, that offer residential care and support to seniors with dementia. These facilities, which often offer both memory care and assisted living services, are officially referred to as residential care facilities throughout California.
- Although the American Lung Association has given a passing grade to the Livermore area's air quality when it comes to particle pollution, ozone pollution is high and has been given an F grade. Breathing poor-quality air presents a health risk to seniors, particularly those with respiratory illness or cardiovascular disease.
- The overall cost of living is 40 percent higher than the state average and more than double the national average. Seniors with limited income and tight family budgets for memory care might feel more financially comfortable in one of the less expensive cities in the area, such as Modesto.
- A comfortable year-round climate means that seniors living in Livermore can spend more time outdoors. Livermore's winters are short and mild and the area gets only 13 inches of precipitation each year on average, more than 25 inches less than the national average. Many memory care facilities offer residents the opportunity to enjoy outdoor hobbies, such as gardening, and provide their residents with access to secure outdoor space.
- Although the violent crime rate in Livermore is only 2.06 violent crimes per 1,000 residents, which is less than half the national average, it's a good idea to discuss security measures with memory care facilities to learn how they keep residents safe.
Paying for Memory Care in Livermore
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Memory Care costs in Livermore start around $4,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,736 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Livermore and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Livermore
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in California page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Livermore
Livermore and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Livermore
Directory of Winners in Livermore Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Livermore
Livermore-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in California page for more information about these laws.