6 Memory Care Facilities in Camarillo, CA
Brookdale Camarillo6000 Santa Rosa Road, Camarillo, CA
AlmaVia of Camarillo2500 Ponderosa Drive, North, Camarillo, CA
Atria Las Posas24 Las Posas Road, Camarillo, CA
Pacifica Senior Living Oxnard2211 Gonzales Road, Oxnard, CA
Sage Mountain Senior Living3499 Grande Vista Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA
Bella Nova Villa1111 Ivywood Dr., Oxnard, CA
At A Glance
There are 6 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $6,361 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Camarillo area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 1 reviews of memory care communities in the Camarillo area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 6 memory care communities in the Camarillo area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Camarillo
Camarillo, a small city in Ventura County north of Los Angeles, has three memory care facilities serving residents with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. The California Department of Public Health licenses them as residential care facilities for the elderly and in Camarillo, they are often a separate part of assisted living facilities. Many hundreds of similar facilities are found just to the south in Oxnard and greater Los Angeles.
The population of Camarillo is 65,000 plus, and nearly 19 percent of them are over 65 years, a substantially higher percentage than found in California at 13.9 percent. The Alzheimer’s Association projects that 65,000 people in California have Alzheimer’s.
- The cost of living in Camarillo ranks well over the average for the U.S., with an index of 172. California’s cost of living stands at 169 and the U.S. at 100. The median home costs in Camarillo stand at $624,300 compared to $216,200 for the U.S. as a whole. These high housing values enable Camarillo families whose loved ones need memory care services to better afford them. Other measures of affordability in Camarillo like food, health care and utilities fall below the national average.
- Crime rates in Camarillo are below the state and national averages. The national rate for violent crime is 31.1 and 23.8 in Camarillo. Property crime is even lower at 23.4, while the U.S. rate is 38.1.
- The climate in Camarillo is among the most hospitable in the country. High temperatures sit in the 70s during the spring, summer and fall and dip to the mid-60s during December, January and February. Lows are in the 60s during warm months but do drop to the 40s and 50s during the winter.
Since the Pacific is so close by, freezing weather and snowfall are uncommon. The dry season occurs during the summer and the winter rains come from the Pacific Northwest. These storms can bring flooding rains and cold temperatures.
- Camarillo is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Memory Care in Camarillo
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Memory Care costs in Camarillo start around $6,361 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Camarillo and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Camarillo
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in California page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Camarillo
Camarillo and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Camarillo
Directory of Winners in Camarillo Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Camarillo
Camarillo-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in California page for more information about these laws.