48 Memory Care Facilities near Anaheim, CA
Brookdale Anaheim200 North Dale Avenue, Anaheim, CA
The Meridian at Anaheim Hills525 South Anaheim Hills Road, Anaheim, CA
Walnut Village891 S. Walnut Street, Anaheim, CA
Arbor Palms of Anaheim3411 West Ball Road, Anaheim, CA
Karlton Residential Care Center3615 West Ball Road, Anaheim, CA
Brookdale Garden Grove10200 Chapman Avenue, Garden Grove, CA
Brookdale Brookhurst15302 Brookhurst St., Westminster, CA
Huntington Terrace18800 Florida Street, Huntington Beach, CA
Kirkwood Orange1525 East Taft Avenue, Orange, CA
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Rowntree Gardens12151 Dale Street, Stanton, CA
Oakmont of Whittier13617 Whittier Blvd., Whittier, CA
Sunrise of Yorba Linda4792 Lakeview Avenue, Yorba Linda, CA
Brookdale Walnut19850 East Colima, Walnut, CA
Fullerton Gardens1510 E. Commonwealth Ave, Fullerton, CA
Hollybrook Senior Living of Orange2025 North Bush Street, Santa Ana, CA
Sunrise of Seal Beach3850 Lampson Avenue, Seal Beach, CA
The Groves of Tustin1262 Bryan Ave, Tustin, CA
Capriana460 S. La Floresta Drive, Brea, CA
Harvest Retirement9011 Knott Avenue, Buena Park, CA
Sunrise of Fullerton2226 North Euclid Street, Fullerton, CA
At A Glance
There are 48 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $3,915 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Anaheim area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 5 reviews of memory care communities in the Anaheim area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 48 memory care communities in the Anaheim area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Anaheim
Anaheim is the second largest city in the Los Angeles metropolitan area with a population of about 352,000. Its senior population of 10.6 percent includes many of the 588,000 senior citizens in California with Alzheimer's disease. These residents are supported by 59 memory care facilities, which care for residents with cognitive impairments like dementia and Alzheimer's disease. Five of these facilities are within the city limits of Anaheim, while the other 54 are in surrounding cities like Buena Park and Santa Ana. Memory care facilities in California are regulated by that state’s Department of Social Services.
- Anaheim’s climate is particularly pleasant, which is a positive factor for senior citizens with reduced tolerance for cold. It has a comfort rating of 85 on a scale of 1 to 100, with a higher number indicating a more comfortable climate and a national average of 54. Anaheim's high ranking is due to its prevalence of temperatures in the 70s and low humidity. This city also has a narrow temperature range, with an average low temperature of 46 degrees in January and 85 degrees in July.
- Anaheim has a cost of housing that's three times the national average, typical for this metropolitan area. Transportation is the other significant living expense in Anaheim at 29 percent above average. The only inexpensive living necessity in this city is health care, which is 11 percent below average. Overall, the cost of living in Anaheim is 71 percent higher than average, which could be challenging for seniors on a fixed income to afford.
- The most significant aspect of Anaheim’s crime rate is that its rate of violent crime is much lower than the average rate for the Los Angeles metropolitan area. The violent crime rate in Anaheim is only 29.8 on a scale of one to 100, with a higher number indicating more crime. The metro area as a whole has a violent crime rate of 43.5, compared to the national average of 31.1.
- The air quality in Anaheim is noticeably lower than in most areas of the United States, which could be cause for concern if a senior already has respiratory problems. This city’s score on the National Air Toxics Assessment (NATA) is 51, compared to the national average of 58. This index measures the risk of respiratory conditions on a scale of one to 100, with higher numbers indicating better air quality.
Paying for Memory Care in Anaheim
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Memory Care costs in Anaheim start around $3,915 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Anaheim and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Anaheim
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in California page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Anaheim
Anaheim and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Anaheim
Directory of Winners in Anaheim Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Anaheim
Anaheim-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in California page for more information about these laws.