Peregrine Senior Living at Tewksbury

Reviews of Peregrine Senior Living at Tewksbury

Memory Care Reviews for Peregrine Senior Living at Tewksbury

January 17, 2018

By Cris C

My Mom Edith was at Peregrine for a short while before she passed, but I would like to pass on to any family thinking about a place for a loved one. At Peregrine the loving care my Mom received was outstanding! The staff are caring, accommodating, respectful and above all loving. I could not have chosen a better assistant living home. RN's are available round the clock, checks on residents are hourly to assure safety and activities available and encouraged to all. The staff are wonderful. The food is very good. Family open door policy is welcome. I will miss not seeing the wonderful people at Peregrine, Jay, Mel,Patti, Paula, Tammy, Linda, Sabrina, Kathy, Carl, Julie, Edith, April....and all the others that new Mom and me... Thank you for your loving kindness and care you gave to my Mom Edith...

November 20, 2017

By Jim

Peregrine at Tewksbury is an assisted living community with a memory care unit. It is well laid out and has plenty of space for people to roam around and not get lost or leave the community. The staff is adequate and treats the residents well. They aren't really attentive but they're good considering the number of patients; my father was well taken care of. They have activities, although my father didn't join any.

March 04, 2017

By Barb518666

My aunt was in Peregrine's Landing for respite care. It was very home-like, and the staff was very friendly. They had an activity room. The dining area was good, and she was happy with the setup and liked the food. She had a roommate, and the room was clean.

January 10, 2017

By Sandy267734

I went to Peregrine’s Landing twice and liked it the first time I went. I went back for a second look and didn’t like it as much as I did the first time. I felt like there were a lot of residents in their rooms and not a lot of activities going on. I just didn’t feel it was as energetic as I thought it should be, so I was disappointed. The rooms were average, not exceptional, but I was not looking for anything fancy, so they were OK. The staff was standing around talking to each other more than taking care of the patients. I felt like the residents were not busy enough, and so there should be more activities. Both activity centers, the second time we went, were in darkness. They said, “Oh, this is our activity room,” but there was nothing going on and the lights were not even on.

November 26, 2016

By Lady Nurse

Peregrine's landing is right down the street from me. I've been there 3 times, and it's absolutely wonderful. The director and the admission staff were lovely, they made you feel at home, and couldn't have been sweeter. The whole facility is for memory care. It's a beautiful place, all one level, and well suited for what my husband had. I would send him there in a heartbeat. I've recommended this place to 3 people in my support group, and they all fell in love with the place.

December 30, 2015

By Lionel

Everything in Peregrine's Landing was perfect including the service. They were fine. It was what I was looking for. It was just the price was out of reach. They were more flexible with what I wanted and what I liked.

December 16, 2015

By Linda117879450

We selected Peregrine. We’ve been there four months, and it’s a lovely and exceptional facility. The staff, the food, and the programs were exceptional.

November 30, 2015

By Dave Gifford

I am writing a review of Peregrine’s Landing. I would like to start by saying that I am extremely happy with them. The staff is great. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. My mom has been there since May 2015. There was construction going on and they were all very careful to keep things organized. The place came out great. It’s very open and bright. I would highly recommend Peregrine’s Landing to anyone looking for a place for memory care. The owner really does care about the people there and his staff. It is all very well-run.

November 30, 2015

By Bill and Mary P.

Peregrine’s Landing has a welcoming warmth. There is a calming atmosphere here. you can pray and play. The activities are fund and there are peaceful paths to walk, birds to listen to and bunnies to pet. The menu is varied and healthy. Most importantly, we found the administration, nurses and staff to be professional and caring. They are never too busy to answer a question or to assist. .

November 09, 2015

My mom has been in Peregrine's Landing at Tewksbury for two years now. The community is under new management and ownership, so it is fairly new to us. So far, the new management has been good. There is a lot of construction going on, but my mom's experience has always been positive. It is a very old building, which is why they are in the process of upgrading the rooms and apartments. The food is pretty good. I do like that their activities involve the families and include multigenerational activities. I also like that they have animals there like rabbits, birds, and butterflies. They bring in babies for the seniors to interact with. The staff that they have, I would say, is very caring.

October 28, 2015

By Shelma

My mother now lives in Peregrine's Landing at Tewksbury. We think everything is excellent. It is very neat and clean. It does not smell. The people are very good to my mother. I will recommend it highly. They have a lot of activities going on . They have music. They have small animals that are there. They have a dog that walks around trying to make people happy. They like the dog. They have birds that they can see. I have not tried their food, but my mother seems happy with their food. They have a couple of different dining areas, depending on what stage you are.

April 07, 2015

By Caring104205750

Peregrine's Landing wasn't very nice. It was kind of a depressing looking place, they were very expensive, and everything was a la carte. It was old and kind of dark looking. I didn't think it was a pleasant place at all. What they charge is unbelievable for what they get. They charge an awful lot of money. It's just all closed off -- a lot of small rooms. When people get to a place where they need assisted living, you would think some personal care would be included, but it's not. The people in charge don't care about people. It's all about getting elderly people's every cent of what they have in the bank. The bottom line is money.

December 08, 2014

By mard

I visited Peregrine’s Landing of Tewksbury for lunch with my mom. I had spoken to Mimi, the community Relations Director and she invited my mom and me to come in for lunch prior to our tour. The food was very good and the dining room was very busy. We were seated at a table with some of the residents, so my mom could have a chance to talk to them. Everyone there was so friendly and the residents I talked to were happy. The community is in the process of transitioning to 100% Memory Care which is good, because my mom has memory loss, and is being totally renovated. After lunch, my mom participated in the activities while I toured. Mimi took the time to go through my mom’s history and how this disease has effected not only my mom, but all of us. She explained the approach they use to care for residents with memory loss. The building has 50 apartments I believe, and everything is on one floor. As we looked around, I was introduced to Yolanda who is the Memory Care Director and had a chance to ask her some questions about my mom. I can honestly say from what I saw today, every person I met loves what they do and cares about the residents. My mom left happy and has talked about her lunch visit and when can she go back. I am going back with my brother to tour next week.

December 08, 2014

By yollipop

Today I had a tour at Peregrine’s Landing in Tewksbury and I wanted to take a moment to offer my feedback. I recently started searching for a community for my mom, who has dementia, and it has been overwhelming, to say the least. I have been to several communities and so I knew what to expect on this tour…however, what I got was something unexpected. When I first walked in the door, I was greeted by Kelly the receptionist, and she knew my name. (That didn’t always happen at other communities). There were other employees out front, who were just as friendly. Kelly called Mimi, who I was scheduled to meet with to let her know I was here. We went back to Mimi’s office and spoke at length about my mom, her daily routine, her needs, her wants, and what I wanted for her. Mimi went on to explain “The Peregrine Way”…this is the philosophy and principles Peregrine uses to care for their residents. As we started our tour, there were activities going on and I watched off to the side, as the staff interacted with the residents…I could see and feel the caring and compassion these people have, especially not knowing I was there watching. Along the way, I met Charlene, who is the Executive Director and she told me about the exciting renovations that are taking place over the next several months, as well as the menagerie of animals joining the community. As I spoke with Charlene, I was pleasantly surprise that every resident that passed by, she knew them by name, as they said hello to her...there were plenty of hugs exchanged too. The community was clean, the residents were happy, clean and engaged (no one left to sit in a chair alone), the staff was so warm and friendly and I did get a chance to peek into the construction area with Charlene and Mimi and it is beautiful. Too often people go to the internet to post a bad review…I wanted to share a great experience. I have scheduled my mom to have an assessment and put a deposit down. I have final found my mom a home…
See all Memory Care reviews (14) See fewer reviews

Costs for Peregrine Senior Living at Tewksbury

Photos of Peregrine Senior Living at Tewksbury

Services and Amenities of Peregrine Senior Living at Tewksbury

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library

• Home Sale Assistance

About Peregrine Senior Living at Tewksbury

At Peregrine Senior Living at Tewksbury, we believe life is precious and worth celebrating every day. That is why we fully embrace The Peregrine Way in our community. What better way to celebrate life than to share new experiences with family and friends, enjoy simple pleasures, and explore new interest in a community that is your home? We specialize in providing a safe, secure and supportive home for your loved ones who suffer with memory loss. Here your apartment will provide you with privacy, dignity, and a loving atmosphere. Taking the lead in the care of our Elders, our focus is on wellness and promoting personal growth. In our Community, we identify and nurture the strengths of our Elders so they can experience the greatest quality of life while maintaining the highest degree of independence possible.

Map of Peregrine Senior Living at Tewksbury