Bear Hill Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Reviews of Bear Hill Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Bear Hill Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

April 28, 2012

By Mom_Of_Two

I never minded visiting my grandmother during her stay and I never felt uncomfortable bringing my young child to see her either. The facility was extremely clean and the staff members were always pleasant. The doctors that came into the patient's room did seem to get a little annoyed when there were family members visiting, but they still gave my grandmother the time she deserved and answered her questions while we were there. The nurses would allow me to bring some toys for my son and we would bring my grandmother outside in a wheelchair so she could sit in the sun and watch him play outside. One thing I was never too happy with was the smell of urine. It is understandable that there is incontinence in a nursing home but it seemed as if it was not properly cleaned up and disinfected because every time I visited I could smell urine while walking down the halls. Also, there were no personal laundry machines at the facility. Family members had to take my grandmothers laundry home to wash for her and that made her feel like a burden to others because she could not do it herself.

About Bear Hill Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Person Centered Care is based on patient/resident preferences, shared decision making and initiation for self care management whenever possible.

Assessments, interventions and plans of care address medical, clinical and behavioral needs and reflect the individual’s ability to contribute to making their own healthcare decisions.

Person Centered Care is a process for planning and supporting the patient/resident receiving services that builds upon the individual’s capacity to engage in activities that promote community life and that honors preferences, choices and abilities. The person centered care process involves families, friends, and professionals as the individual desires or requests..

Map of Bear Hill Rehabilitation and Nursing Center