Brookdale Quincy Bay

Reviews of Brookdale Quincy Bay

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Quincy Bay

September 20, 2015

By Christopher10

Brookdale Quincy Bay was also very nice. It was more of an apartment type facility. You will have a living room, a bedroom, and a kitchen. They had a cafeteria, and they offered meals. They had 24/7 care. The only thing I did not like about it was there was no lock down. My mother-in-law has a little bit of dementia, and she could go out at any time. I think it lacked a little bit of security.

August 27, 2015

I thought Brookdale Quincy was a great facility, and they were very helpful. The people there seemed to like it. The staff was very friendly and thorough. They have great amenities; the rooms, apartments and all of the activities were good. It was a really good place.

April 17, 2015

By Sweetasha

We found River Bay Club for my mom. Everybody there is wonderful. The apartments are beautiful. She is actually in a double room where she shares an apartment with someone else, and it is very nice. They have a full kitchen, a little living area, and separate bedrooms. It is very nice. I had lunch with my mom. The food was excellent. They have quite a menu. It is very, very good. They have a lot of going on. They have bingo, they play a lot of movies, they have a computer club, and they have a library. Security and safety management is fine. When you go to visit someone, you have to sign in and sign out, which I think is a good idea. I would definitely recommend this facility to others.

February 10, 2015

By Virginia38

I was impressed with River Bay Club. Unfortunately, the place was kind of a locked down, so there weren't too many people around at that point. The lady who showed us around was very helpful, very nice, and told me just about everything I needed to know. They had a lot of activities like bus trips. In a normal time, there seemed to be a lot things going. The apartments that I saw were very nice. They had a very nice living room, a nice bedroom, a balcony, a closet, a nice bathroom, and I kitchen I wasn't too crazy about.

December 06, 2014

River Bay is superior; my mother is happy there. They do yoga, bingo, they have a library, and there are mild exercise classes. She’s just getting into the whole thing; she is not there yet. It’s just lovely all the way around. The room is beautiful, the facility is clean, it doesn’t smell, and it's quiet. It’s a perfect facility.

November 14, 2014

The River Bay Club was recommended to me. The staff was good and very knowledgeable. The dining area looked good. The rooms were great and very good. Bingo was going on when we were there. It looked very secure. It was a nice visit.

October 17, 2014

By Sufia

I visited River Bay Club. Of all the ones that I saw, this was the one that I was going to try to utilize. It was excellent and relatively modern. They had the best activities for my mother. Everybody was excellent and professional. They showed me some of the types of activities that they do, and I saw pictures of them. They have a couple of special dinners, and they set up outside to make it different and fun. They try to make it really nice for the residents there.

October 15, 2014

By Natalie6

It was secure. Their apartments were much bigger than other places. They gave me a sample of a cookie, and they were fantastic. It’s delicious. There was a lot of activity and lots of things going on.

September 29, 2014

I spoke to the coordinator at River Bay, brought my parents, and checked out the apartment. I was satisfied with what I saw and I stopped my search. We didn’t have an appointment, but they gave us a tour. The rooms were very nice, and we got the information needed.

September 08, 2014

By daisie

My aunt is at River Bay Club. She has been there for a year and a half. This place is in a very nice area. It is within a mile to the hospital. The facility is plenty big. There is a porch all around the building. The place is a big area where they can walk. What I like best about this one is the openness. It is set up more like a hotel than an assisted living. I like the activity. There are plenty of activities. It is a very active community. The staff is very pleasant and very cooperative. The management seems to be very caring. As far as the aides go, some of them leave a lot to be desired. This needs to be addressed. If they are going to be in the job, then they need to care about the person and be more attentive to the person. Also, they don't get my aunt out enough into the activities. There are only two girls there that actually encourage activity with her, which is what she needs. Overall though, I think it is a very nice place. I would recommend this place to others.

July 30, 2014

By Elizabeth40

The room sizes at River Bay Club were quite big. I saw one room and it was really huge. It has a big living room, two big bedroom, good-sized bathrooms. Their price was also lower than the other ones I've visited. They were able to call me again and see how I was doing. There was a good size dining room and plenty of staff. They have plenty of places for social activity on one of the floors and the overall place, I did like it. It was close to transportation and they also provide transportation to the residents.

June 30, 2014

River Bay Club was just a single building in a fairly adequate neighborhood. It’s a neighborhood where I would never feel safe walking around the block. The staff was accommodating and friendly. First of all, everyone there was ninety years old and I’m sixty-six, so I didn’t really feel it was all right to have been there at all. I was sad that I wasted the whole morning there. I wouldn’t recommend it to anybody. The physical accommodations were borderline seedy. The staff was nice enough, the few that I met, but they seemed to be eighty to ninety years old.

May 20, 2014

The rooms at River Bay Club were nice. The singles were very, very small for the price. The staff was very accommodating. We had set up a time to come, and they took us through the whole place and showed us everything. They went through all the different activities that they do. They take them shopping a couple of times a week. They go bowling, they go to the malls, and they have pool tables. They have story time, and people come in and do yoga with them. They have three meals a day. They had assisted living there, but it was more independent, like he would be on his own a lot. If we wanted to have the assisted living, we would have to pay a lot more.

December 30, 2013

By Caring82034250

River Bay Club was a very nice facility; however, it was more assisted living than independent living. The people there were more informed than I would want to be associated with. Even the executive director who took us around agreed that it was not for me, so that was that.

December 16, 2013

My sister has been in River Bay Club for a few weeks now. She likes it a lot and she is comfortable there. It is a very nice and very clean facility. Her room is not that big, it's a studio, but it is big enough for her. The food is very nice there and the staff is very friendly.

June 29, 2012

By cncfreak247

This facility was the cheapest we could find. It seems to be nice, he has been in there for almost 2 months so far and hasn't had any complaints. There are activities for him to participate in and as far as we can tell he is happy. I have tried to food and it was real home cooked stuff, not frozen microwave dinners.

March 06, 2012

By yellowfoxi

My mother-in-law lived at the River Bay Club for several years. She suffered from an ear problem which caused her to fall frequently and as a consequence she broke her hip bone and had other breaks as well. It became impossible for her to live independently.We selected the River Bay Club for her because she needed somewhere safe to live as well as the ability to maintain her independence. Her living quarters consisted of a small studio apartment with complete kitchen and lovely view. The common facilities provided her with many opportunities for social interaction. A grand piano was available for the use of the residents and this definitely lent an air of communal spirit and belonging to most of the people.As far as food goes, the menu was delightful. My husband and children dined in the cafeteria and were served and delicious and nutritious meal comparable to any served in a better than average restaurant.The facilities also included a hairdresser and gym. Frequent group outings allowed for shopping and outdoor fun.We were grateful that the River Bay Club was available to provide my mother-in-law with a comfortable and safe home with many services.

July 30, 2011

By margoess

My mother, who has gotten on in years decided she wanted to go into assisted living. We offered to have her move in with us, but she wanted to be around people of her age. We toured many facilities and she chose the River Bay Club in Quincy, MA. The staff was very friendly and the environment seemed very pleasant. The cost was a little higher than some of the other places we had toured, but in the end you do get what you pay for, and I wanted my mother to be happy. The River Bay Club was neat and attractive, the rooms are spacious, and include a small kitchen, which was very attractive to my mother. The River Bay Club was not only a clean and attractive property, but there were many activities and facilities at the location. There was a Beauty shop on site so she would not have to leave to get her hair done. There was a very nice fitness room as well. In the end, she is very happy with the River Bay Club and recommends it.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Quincy Bay

January 31, 2014

I visited River Bay Club. It was a high rise facility, which was very nice, spotless and nicely furnished. The staff was also very nice and competent. They had very nicely layout rooms with air-conditioning and heating which seemed very good. I saw the menu, it look fantastic and the meals were great. They had physical therapy, a gymnasium, and all of those benefits of retired living that should be there. They had all the levels of care. But they were expensive.

June 29, 2012

By tmatte

Overall, River Bay Club in Quincy was a great place for assisted living, and I would recommend it for anyone and any of their family members, should they need the assistance. First of all, the place is beautiful. There is a beautiful view from the windows and the place is very well furnished. From what I hear, the food is wonderful, and it claims to be healthy, especially for those who are elderly. In addition to all of this, there are a lot of ways the River Bay Club tries to form a community with all of its people. For one, there are many events that attempt to get the residents together, and there is a common room where folks can just "hang out." Every resident is well taken care of, and many services are carried out, including the cleaning of linens. Overall, River Bay Club is a wonderful place and I would live there at any time, not just if I needed assistance!

Photos of Brookdale Quincy Bay

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Quincy Bay

• Spanish

About Brookdale Quincy Bay

Brookdale Quincy Bay provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Quincy Bay