Brooksby Village Peabody, MA

Reviews of Brooksby Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Brooksby Village

October 05, 2016

By Niece of a resident

My aunt is a resident of Brooksby, and has been for fifteen years. For her, it seems to be a good fit. I recently paid a visit, and stayed in one of their guest rooms for several days. I'd say I had more than a taste (literally) of what it's like. The campus is HUGE, and there is a lot of walking involved to get around. The walkways between buildings are enclosed, so there's no need to go outside if you don't want to. There is a very small pharmacy, bank, library, and fitness facility on campus, and a small lap pool. The food is marginal. I'd say it would be at or below what you'd get at a food service on a college campus. What I found the worst part, though, was the air. The place was very stuffy, and had "that" smell, that nursing homes have. There are a lot of activities that people can involve themselves in, if they choose. That's a plus - and that works well for my aunt. They have small outdoor garden plots for folks, which is also nice. Other than that, there is very little enticement to go outdoors.

September 15, 2016

By Leonard362321

Brooksby Village is very nice, but it's expensive. It’s multiple separate buildings, and there’s a lot of walking around between buildings -- which is why we did not go there. The staff seemed very nice. It’s on a street which is just off a major shopping highway. I didn’t see the supermarket, but I’m told it’s fairly close.

November 16, 2015

By Nascarjo

Terrible medical care. I am a 30 year+ nurse. I only expected the best care for my mother. The medical staff at BBV is less than sub standard. Poor oversight and follow thru. You would think as a private pay resident you would have preference if a skilled stay is needed. NOPE on 2 occasions no bed available for skilled care. Stay away. Far away. Aweful am medical team

October 28, 2015

We visited Brooksby Village. We like the cost the best; it was the most affordable. Everything was nice, but the affordability was first and foremost. The dining area was very nice and very clean.

October 27, 2014

By Pamela23

Brooksby is close to where we are and I have a couple of friends that they put their moms in there and are very happy. I like it because it’s like a village in itself; it has a hairdresser, restaurants, and post office, and it has everything there that they need so that if they can’t get out, they don’t need to. It was an excellent experience; they were helpful, explained everything in detail, took us through the facility, were very in-depth with her, and made sure she was comfortable. Mom has one bedroom, bathroom, and a combination living room and kitchenette. The staff was involved to the point where you want them to be. They do a complete exam, application of what her schedule is for the day, meds that she needs, what help she needs, and where she doesn’t want help. We just decided on the place and we are waiting to get her in. They have get together depending on what they do; they have classes, they have bingo, and you can either make a reservation for yourself with a lunch or dinner or make it with a group, very society oriented. They had us stayed there for lunch and try the food. She was very happy with it, and they can also suit it to her diet if there are certain foods that she shouldn’t be eating, it's catered for the patients.

August 28, 2014

Brooksby Village has a lot of different apartment sizes and layout. It's a larger campus with many things to offer. They have several dining areas and the menu appeared to be the same for each dining area. I think they have a formal dining room and as well as a casual cafeteria. I saw that they have a list of activities, although I didn’t observe them. The staff was very informative and knowledgeable. I would recommend this facility because I thought that it's a well-run facility with many different opportunities for the assisted care.

June 30, 2014

Everything at Brooksby Village was good. We liked it. The sales staff was very nice and wonderful. It is a very large community with 1300 units. The rooms were nice. I think they were a reasonable size and reasonable price. They have a full assortment of activities and lots of community involvement. We were impressed by that. What I like best about this community is the variety of activities and eating establishments, i.e., restaurants and cafes. However, it was 22 to 25 miles from Lexington, and we wanted to be near my son. Secondly, the buy-in would be vulnerable if there were long-term care, and we want to protect our Medicaid trust.

June 22, 2012

By stalar

Brooksby village is a beautiful campus. It feels a lot like a college campus only with much better food and livin conditions. There are many ameneties including shuttle service, dining service, and all kinds of activities. I have dined here a few times and rate the food as above average. It is on par with the food that you get at your typical college cafeteria. My mother and father and law have their food included with their rent and we can their for a small surcharge. But the best part of Brooksby village is the fact that you never have to leave if you need more care. They have all kinds of levels of care available. Unfortunately, both my mother and father have had to progress in the level of care that they receive. The staff that helps them is absolutely wonderful. They are very caring and professional.The staff that handles the business side of the operations is another matter. They are often very rude and do not communcate with us well when my in laws require more care. Over all, I am very glad that my in laws chose Bixsby Village, we have great piece of mind knowing that they are well taken care of.

June 11, 2012

By BostonBro66

My uncle is a resident at Brooksby Village, and I am very happy with his standard of living there. The employees are courteous and friendly, and I'm always impressed with how nice and taken care of the place looks. My uncle couldn't be happier with the relaxed lifestyle, and you can tell from talking to the other residents that they feel the same way. The facility is close enough to Boston for us to catch a Red Sox game or go the aquarium now and then, but he can always find something to do closer to home if he doesn't feel like moving around. I wasn't sure what to think when my uncle said he wanted to move to a place like Brooksby, but now that I've seen it for myself, I know he made a good decision, and I have peace of mind knowing that he is safe, happy, and doesn't have to worry as he enjoys retirement.

May 15, 2012

By nursemass

Brooksby village is an assisted living facility located in Peabody, MA. Senior residents have the option of living in private apartments. I visit this facility frequently to perform nursing assessments on two senior residents. Broosky village is very well maintained with 24 hour security. Senior resident apartments are spacious and kept clean. There are shared facilities such as fitness center, indoor swimming pool and computer room. Residents cook their own meals in their own apartments. There is an onsite restaurant to serve residents who cannot cook. I like this facility also because they have an onsite medical center with nurses and doctors providing 24 hour care. I highly recommend Brooksy village to senior residents looking for an assisted living facility that offers increased privacy.

Independent Living Reviews for Brooksby Village

August 13, 2014

My friend is very happy at Brooksby Village. They do have activities like tours and concerts, bus trips and classes. Yes, I have eaten there and the food is good. She has a two-bedroom apartment and it is beautiful. The place is very friendly and very warm.

November 21, 2013

Brooksby Village was nice. The staff was fine and our friend who lived there liked it. We had a good tour. They had a lot of activities. The only problem I had with it was the terrible location.

August 27, 2013

By Just Visiting2

Brooksby Village is a lovely facility. They have both independent and assisted living. Everybody has their own apartment, yet there is a dining room that they can go to. They have everything that you need there. They have exercise rooms and even stores for their residents. Their staff is very nice and very happy. Their residents are very bright, very modern and obviously very wealthy. Not everyone is accepted there because you have to be of certain income bracket. It is a very expensive facility. I would definitely recommend it if they can get in.

March 15, 2012

By beeeckie

I love Brooksby Village of Peabody, MA. My grandmother moved there several years ago after selling her home to downsize. The first time I visited her, I was envious of the wonderful accommodations that are provided for all residents! My whole family is happy she lives there, and more importantly, so is she. Any time a service call is made for heating, water or the like, the service technicians show up promptly and address the issue. The on-campus shuttles are very courteous and prompt. There is a definite friendly atmosphere among the residents, and staff are always helpful. I would recommend Brooksby Village for anyone who is retirement age and looking to downsize their living space and live in a great community.

February 16, 2012

By kate1

Brooksby Village is a wonderful place for elderly community members to live. The housing is more than adequate with many choices of apartment styles. They offer full dinner service daily that caters to residents needs. The wait staff are always willing to help and often can be seen chatting with residents. Brooksby also offers assisted living care in their Renaissance Gardens facility. Renaissance Gardens is filled with caring nurses and assistants that ensure a comfortable stay. Brooksby Village also offers many activities to keep residents busy throughout the day. Some of these activities include clubs and groups, exercise classes, and arts and crafts. Brooksby Village offers transportation around campus and off campus for those members who are unable to drive. The campus itself it very well kept. There is a beautiful pond and fountains and wonderful gardens that can be seen around the campus. Although the price of living there can be on the higher end, it is a wonderful community to belong to.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Brooksby Village

About Brooksby Village

Brooksby Village is a full-service, maintenance-free community designed exclusively for retirees, age 62 or better. Located on 90 picturesque acres in Peabody, Massachusetts, Brooksby Village is a private campus kept secure day and night by a team of professionals trained in emergency first response. We're the ideal choice for active seniors who want to live a vibrant, engaging, and purposeful lifestyle in a setting that's both safe and beautiful.

Like a small town under one roof, Brooksby Village offers an abundance of opportunities to keep your mind, body and spirit thriving. Stroll to any of our three spectacular clubhouses through climate-controlled, glass-enclosed walkways that connect all of our community buildings. Here you'll find all the resources you need to enjoy a spectacular retirement, including a fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub and six restaurants serving healthy, delicious meals created fresh each day by our own personal chef. Other amenities include a computer lab with high-speed Internet, billiards and game room, creative arts studio, fully-equipped woodworking shop, classrooms and even a performing arts studio. Not to mention a bank and 24-hour ATM, a beauty salon and barber shop, a convenience store and an on-site pharmacy that delivers to your door!

Brooksby Village also has an on-site medical center staffed by physicians who work exclusively at our community. These licensed geriatricians are experts in meeting the unique health care needs of older adults. They will work with you to design a wellness plan that will keep you strong, independent and feeling your finest for years to come.

Map of Brooksby Village