Ellis Nursing and Rehab Center The

Reviews of Ellis Nursing and Rehab Center The

Nursing Home Reviews for Ellis Nursing and Rehab Center The

April 11, 2018

By Karen1234

My friends mother was at the Ellis for rehab after a knee replacement. She had an amazing experience. The rehab staff was caring and professional and the medical oversight was thorough. the building itself is beautiful and you could tell the rehab floor had recently been updated. I would recommend this facility without hesitation.

August 13, 2016

By Caring_2645684

Other

This place is deplorable. Staff is rude and incompetent. Patient's alarms can be going off for 15 minutes and if someone checks in in that time frame it is a good day. Staff treats family like dogs, they don't even look up at you if you talk to them, and if you ask for something they walk away like they don't hear you. The head nurse on the unit is a LPN , not even an RN and she is allowed to make all decisions about loved one. Ridiculous, they can never get a hold of the doctor if you want to talk to him, EVER. They do not record any negative incidents in the patient's chart, the staff is constantly trying to blame patient and cover up for each other, their main concern is getting "marked" by the state. The elevator inspection is over due by 11 months!! But, they just wall papered the whole downstairs and keep pretty flowers outside to make a good impression, why don't they spend the money on hiring professsionals who actually care about patients. STAY OUT OF THIS PLACE

August 13, 2016

By Caring_2645644

Other

Horrible Place!! My grandmother's first night there we walked in to find her on the floor!!!! No nurses walking around checking on patients. Nurses and nurses aides are SO rude. They don't look at you when you ask them a question just keep their heads down while you are talking. I went to ask for some water only to find an aide sitting in a chair with her eyes closed!! You need to be there every day to make sure basic things are done. I am totally disgusted with this place! Don't let them fool you. I Do not recommend this place at all!

October 23, 2015

By Greenleafdeb

My mom was in and out of Ellis before she became a permanent resident in January 2015. She died there tonight at 81. She broke both hips at the Ellis since May. The help is incompetent and heartless. The food looks like dog food. When I went to request something for my Mom to drink, they ignored me for 5 minutes then pointed to the refrigerator. I got my mother some ginger ale. I helped my Mom drink tea. She lost at least 35 pounds. This place is deplorable. Stay away if you love your parents.

August 29, 2015

By CTresearch

My mother is a patient there now and from what I've observed, the nursing aides are incompetent in doing their jobs. They roll their eyes, give you a bad look with attitude, and then disappear when asked for help. The other night, she needed help and nobody was around at all. She pressed the button for help and nobody came and the nursing station was empty. My mom is not able to walk on her own but she had to go and was adamant to get to the bathroom. She is not very strong but, had managed to pull herself to the side of the bed to sit up with my brother helping her. Even with the bed alarm going off, nobody showed. Luckily, there was another patient that heard my mom yelling and began yelling down the hallway that someone needed help. By this time, my mom was crying and in alot of pain from her condition. It took a very long time before anyone showed. I am so disappointed in the service at the Ellis house and after telling the Administrator about all the incidents, he needs to tell his staff that it is unacceptable and they are there to do their jobs.

September 04, 2014

By increadible

I cannot believe how heartless the aids are at this facility. They actually run in the opposite direction when needed for a unpopular task such as change a patient or taking them to the toilet. They are remiss in checking on patients as required in the evenings and the only time I actually observed them hustling is when the kitchen staff was offering ice cream in the courtyard. If you love someone this is not the place to send them if you want them to get human care.

July 09, 2014

By Tola

Beautiful grounds and common rooms. Clean. Lots of emphasis on the grounds...not enough on the patients. We had to remove our family member quickly. If your family member is independent and can advocate for him/herself it may work. My family member could not and needed assistance with several functions. This help wasn't available. Once we moved elsewhere our family member was taken care of with real compassion. Thus we realized what long term care looks like and are thrilled with our move. At this point I wouldn't give Ellis even a one star but that seems to be the lowest so there it is.

September 26, 2013

By Martha17

My father is at Ellis in Norwood. He stayed there for a year. The care he was getting was very good. He was clean and he was well attended to. They made sure that he is up and moves around. They also made sure that he likes the food. It's not the most modern facility and the place was old, but it was not bad although not wonderful. The place is clean. The one thing that my father was just upset being in that facility was because they shaved his mustache, but as far as his medical care they were excellent.

July 11, 2012

By AlexandriaJackson

My grandmother has been a resident in the assisted living center a few times. Sometimes it is just temporary due to her need for rehab after surgeries or injuries. We can not say anything negative about her care at Ellis. She was treated with the utmost respect. I have CNA experience myself, and was very pleasantly surprised by the care and compassion I saw at Ellis. Everyone was treated with dignity and my grandmother was thrilled with how private everything was kept.

Services and Amenities of Ellis Nursing and Rehab Center The

About Ellis Nursing and Rehab Center The

Ellis Nursing and Rehab Center The is a senior living provider in Norwood, Massachusetts that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Ellis Nursing and Rehab Center The for more details on services and rates.

Map of Ellis Nursing and Rehab Center The