Wingate Residences at Norton

Wingate Residences at Norton (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Wingate Residences at Norton

Assisted Living Reviews for Wingate Residences at Norton

October 05, 2015

Epoch of Norton was very nice. It would be some place that we would consider. The staff was very knowledgeable and nice too. The rooms were good and OK size. It had access to a bathroom that was within the unit. It was good.

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words. It’s our team’s priority to provide the best of care to our residents and we are pleased you enjoyed your visit. We hope we will see you again in the future.

February 25, 2015

By Raymond Bonenfant

We have had many different individuals, four should be commended for their extra effort. Nurse Ann worked three different days to get the correct subscription that Isabel could tolerate; she is finally getting better. Linda Bowman has been very helpful in starting our day. Now, for last night's emergency, at 10:30 last night, I had a serious nosebleed. I tried to stop it by myself, but it didn't work. With blood in the sink, on the floor, and over my trousers, I hit the button. Kim and Christa showed up. It took nearly half an hour to stop the bleeding and clean me up. Isabel and I are finally starting to get better. We thought that you should know of the fine help that we received.

January 02, 2015

By mob

I stopped by to visit this community and was greeted by the Executive Director who invited me in her office without hesitation. My grandmother is currently in a nursing facility and really doesn't need to be there. She took the time to listen to me and find a solution for my grandmother. Later she introduced me the sales person who spent time with me showed the beautiful, warm community introduced me to the nurse. This would be the perfect place for her but there some family members who aren't feeling that my grandmother should move. The staff are so wonderfully caring and wanted to help me do what was right for me, this has been such a difficult for me. They made feel that there are good caring people out there who want to do the right thing. If I lived in the area I would really push to have anyone you care consider this community.

We appreciate the compliments and would love to have your grandmother move to our community. These choices can be difficult, especially for families, and we understand. Perhaps your grandmother could visit and help make a decision that's right for her. We wish you and your family the best.

October 05, 2014

By Lovely Lady2

Epoch was homey and smaller, so my mother liked that. It seemed rundown though and it wasn’t clean. It should be updated with new furniture. The food was OK. The people were very nice. The staff was good.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our community, and the generally positive review. Our community has provided a good and safe home for many seniors over the years, and we do have plans for some updates in the near future. During our annual state surveys, we have gotten high scores for the quality of care we provide, and have not been cited for a lack of cleanliness.

May 29, 2014

The rooms at EPOCH Assisted Living were pretty nice. It seemed like they had a lot more staff. They had a big dining hall, and they even had a breakfast place you could go to. They had a walking club, a sewing club, and exercise. The only thing they didn't have was a recreational room or anything like a pool table, which was what we were looking for. I like that it was only 2 stories high. It wasn't a real huge place. It was a lot of money, though. I would recommend it.

January 18, 2014

The problem with EPOCH is that it is very near the open theater in Mansfield and you get the noise from concerts. I also didn't feel that this facility was homey. Their rooms were neat and very up-to-date but very cold and institutional. The staff was very polite and very competent. I like the fact that they knew what they were about. They were extremely welcoming so much so that even the girl at the front desk greeted me. They already anticipated that walking around their facility would be difficult, therefore they had a wheelchair ready for me. However, I didn't feel the same warmth and care as I did with the other facility.

We appreciate you sharing your experience, and the four star rating for our community. We have never had a complaint that the Comcast Center was noisy or loud; and truthfully we have appreciated having the performance center nearby. We always try to keep our common areas open, clean and free of clutter, while encouraging residents to personalize and decorate their own space to their tastes and comfort. I’m pleased our staff treated you thoughtfully and warmly – that is truly part of our culture. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and we always welcome you for another visit.

December 16, 2013

EPOCH Assisted Living seemed very nice. Its ambience seemed fine. Regarding staff, I didn't really meet them all that much but I thought they're very nice. I was only there for a half an hour, but I would give them a high rating.

December 13, 2013

The staff is exceptional from business office to the van driver. I never lost a night of sleep knowing my parents were being well taken care and truly loved. There is absolutely nothing to complain about the best assisted living in the area.

June 17, 2013

By Diane26

My mom has been in EPOCH for two months now. The facility is clean. Their dining area is lovely, it looks like a restaurant. The food is also excellent. The room that she is staying in is bright and cheery. The staff also seem friendly. They have a lot of activities for their residents like lectures, word-finder games and jeopardy.

June 07, 2013

By Richard26

My mom moved in to Epoch about four weeks ago. The staff is great, I can't say enough about the staff, they actually know mom's first name within a few days and they were attentive to her. They did a good job of welcoming her and all the people there are very kind and understanding. She's very happy with the food. The entertainment committee is very good and they keep her busy. She likes it so much at Epoch.

August 28, 2012

By jwilson377

The building, staff and care are excellent at this facility. The building and decoration itself is very well designed and welcoming. Meals are served by wait staff in a restaurant-like setting. Activities are numerous and the care of the staff is excellent. We felt confident my aunt was being well cared for. The one drawback is the cost. My aunt's monthly base charge was $3500, plus any extra charges for help with a shower or help with medications. That is my major complaint not only about this facility, but about assisted living communities in general - the cost makes it prohibitive to most people. It only serves to narrow the options for most seniors just when they are in most need of help with their living situation.

Nursing Home Reviews for Wingate Residences at Norton

January 24, 2015

By Carol104982250

Epoch seems to be very nice. They have taken care of everything. I get to visit him often in their facility right in the building next to him where I am able to stay. Everything seems to be fine. He gets to be taken care of like his bed getting changed and things like that. Anytime he calls for the nurse, it seems like he gets service. He can't walk, so he has to be helped to the bathroom. He does get there, and so far I don't really have any problems. I'll be joining in to the adjoining facility where I can stay. It is not in the nursing home. The whole parking lot has a building where families can stay, and he is on the nursing home part. So I can get to walk back and forth to see him all the time which is very nice.

We appreciate you making the time to share some of the positive experiences you've had with our community. In addition to providing the best care for our residents, we always try and make families feel welcome and invited in to our community. Thank you again.

December 23, 2013

By Margaret31

EPOCH Assisted Living of Norton was nice; however, this facility didn't compare to this other facility that I liked. It also didn't have a pool. They were in the process of remodeling and repainting, but they implied that come June the rent was going to go up. They did talk about programs or activities they have there but they didn't have the therapy or exercises that another facility had. The people were nice but the place just turned me off. Their rooms and suites were not as big as the other facility. They were nice but they weren't appealing to me.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our community and for giving us four stars! We always work to improve the environment and services we offer, so the perspective of potential residents is valuable and we take them very seriously.

We appreciate your compliments for our staff, however it sounds like there is another community more appealing to your needs at this time. More than ever, individuals have choices for senior living, and we respect that sometimes what we offer may not meet an individual’s needs. Every day, our experienced team strives to deliver outstanding service and help build a community that is engaging, welcoming and always improving. We wish you success with this important decision and finding the community to best meet your needs. We welcome you to call us if you ever have additional questions or would like to visit again.

February 16, 2012

By Jospeh

Epoc Nursing home was a fantastic facility. My grandmother went there for rehab after hip surgery and stayed when she couldn't go home. The staff was always friendly and provided constant feedback of how my grandmother was feeling. They would sit with her and her stories of Italy. It helped my grandmother get use to living there. The staff truly cared for my grandmother. When my grandmother had roommate who was very negative and depressed her, the staff saw this and imminently changed her room. It was all very appreciated. The facility was also very well maintained. And there were lots of activities for the residents to do including community outreach programs (like the local honor societies would come and spend time with the residents)

May 26, 2011

By Park3

Friend or relative of resident

The facilities and amenities of the site are excellent. The facilities and apartments are spacious, clean, and well-maintained. In terms of the amenities, there are plenty of activities for diverse interests. You could be busy all the time if you were interested in doing so. In many ways it seemed like a nice community developed amongst the residents. There is even a cocktail hour every night. I have mixed impressions of the staff. The front desk, housekeeping, and personal care staff were great. My father-in-law's only consistent complaint was about the dining staff. He felt that they were impatient and not overly accommodating. I would say that in my experience the administration was not always helpful or completely honest. Money is their primary interest, not necessarily client care.

Costs for Wingate Residences at Norton

Photos of Wingate Residences at Norton

Services and Amenities of Wingate Residences at Norton

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Diet Extra: Three Nutritious Meals A Day Plus Snacks Planned By A Registered Dietitian

• State Licenses: pending

About Wingate Residences at Norton

The Wingate Residences at Norton provides traditional Independent & Assisted Living in a location midway between Providence and Boston.

With its Assisted Living rental apartments (in a variety of floor plans), bright common spaces and an outdoor patio, our community offers the independence of home without the responsibility of housekeeping and maintenance—but with the help that residents need, when they need it.

The Support You Need to Live Life Your Way:

Wingate Assisted Living residences to allow seniors to live with the greatest possible independence while providing the help and care needed to perform daily activities. With customizable care services and a variety of apartment styles, our goal is to help you make each day the best it can be.

We welcome you with gracious residential suites that you’ll be delighted to call “home.” They’re not only accessible and secure, but also pleasing and comfortable, with a choice of available floor plans. In bright, cheery public areas, you can engage in a variety of cultural and recreational opportunities. You’ll also find quieter, intimate spaces for a conversation with friends and loved ones. And outside, beautifully landscaped grounds and gardens connect you to the vibrant natural world.

Wingate Assisted Living residences allow seniors to live with the greatest possible independence, while providing the help and care needed to perform daily activities. With customizable care services and a variety of apartment styles, our goal is to help you make each day the best it can be.

Map of Wingate Residences at Norton