Whitcomb House

Reviews of Whitcomb House

Assisted Living Reviews for Whitcomb House

September 30, 2016

By Trudy206073

The only thing I don't like about my room at Whitcomb House is that the closet is too small. This is a very minor thing, I'm sure, but I've got a lot of clothes. The food, the CNAs, and the people are very good. My other complaint is that the only way I can get out of here is to use the facility's van. Sometimes, that's a problem because it doesn't go out often enough. There are a lot of activities. I play bingo, and occasionally, a gentleman comes and gives biographies of various people. It's very interesting. They have entertainment at 2:00 almost every day, and people come to sing and play instruments. Once a month, there is a resident meeting. We give suggestions about things that we care about or would like to see changed. We have an activities director who takes us out every Thursday to various stores. This is very good for us.

September 19, 2016

By KP327217

Whitcomb House was the only one that were willing to take care her for a week a month; others want 30 days for respite and memory care plus $250 a night. It would cost me $6500 a month, and I don’t have that. She has been there once and will be back on Friday. It’s a very nice place. They have a lot of things to do, and my sister is going to be in the memory care. They have a lot of activities, it's very clean, and you could go on for a walk. It’s pretty nice to me. The executive director is wonderful. It’s the only one I could afford too.

Photos of Whitcomb House

Services and Amenities of Whitcomb House

About Whitcomb House

Make yourself at home in the warm, welcoming community of Whitcomb House in Milford, MA, where abundant amenities and thoughtful features provide comfort and convenience. Our Assisted Living residents enjoy regular live entertainment as well as several family events throughout the year. Imagine an apartment home with no cooking, cleaning or maintenance — and friends next door. That’s what residents find at Whitcomb House, where they can socialize in living rooms with warm fireplaces and comfortable furniture. Three chef-inspired, restaurant-style meals are served daily in elegant, sun-filled dining rooms so residents can enjoy making conversation over delicious meals. Visiting family and guests are always welcome. Residents who enjoy doing their own cooking will appreciate our country kitchens that offer space to bake signature recipes. We offer residents a vibrant lifestyle that encourages health and independence through innovative recreational, educational, health and wellness programs. Whitcomb House provides a level of care that allows residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment.

Map of Whitcomb House