New Horizons at Marlborough

Reviews of New Horizons at Marlborough

Assisted Living Reviews for New Horizons at Marlborough

March 04, 2014

By Judy G.

First time I ever toured a facility like this. i was very pleasantly surprised. I plan to move in to a small indep living unit in May. Seems like a good bundle of services for the cost, and I am ready to divest myself of snow clearing, oil heat buying responsibilities.

January 30, 2014

My mother was at New Horizons for four years. That was a wonderful place for people who had a certain level of independence and my mother lived there and my father did, too. My father was there for five months and he passed away then she was there for another two and a half or so years. They have different levels of assisted living, too. Some people lived there until they go on hospice and then pass away there. It was a great place, a very upbeat place, a lot of wonderful people. They made it very easy for the residents to get to know each other. They had a lot of good activities. I actually taught art classes there once a month. At some point, though, when my mother began having symptoms of dementia, they couldn't handle it. They didn't have any unit for that. New Horizons was great until she couldn't be cared for there anymore.

Thank you for your many very kind comments. We are delighted to know about your family’s positive experience, and we appreciate your contributions as an art instructor. While it is true that New Horizons does not operate its own not-for-profit dementia unit, our campus has been home to the pioneering Hearthstone Alzheimer’s program since shortly after New Horizons opened in 1994. Hearthstone is a private company that operates an enhanced care unit adjacent to the assisted living building, and it has compassionately served many families over the years by providing a secure, enriching, and supportive residence for those struggling with Alzheimer’s or other dementia. We are redoubling our efforts to ensure that New Horizons’ residents and their families, as well as the public, are aware of all of the programs available in the continuum of care at our community.

Sincerely, NEW HORIZONS AT MARLBOROUGH, LLC

November 20, 2013

By CaringSon-in-law0000057

New Horizons was close to one of the sons and he worked in that town so that was one of the deciding factor. My father in law likes it because there's a church right beside the place and he can go to mass everyday if he likes. He moved in about a week ago. I didn't like the rooms so much; they were sort of cramped and I wouldn't call it spacious but it was well maintained. My father in law seemed to be okay there but it's too early to tell.

September 26, 2013

It's a beautiful place and I found no faults with it. I am very, very satisfied when I visited New Horizons. The place is spotless clean.

December 28, 2012

By Aletha

Other

Top notch facility... Incredible management...Impeccable nursing care if needed...delectable meals...beautiful setting on 40 acres of gorgeous grounds...near Marlboro Hospital...Activities for every personality.

June 28, 2012

By Margurite

What's good about this place is that the price is reasonable. I don't have to pay a lot of money and it's very cost effective. I like their apartments because they're very spacious and I love big spaces. I like their large closets too. Their dining room is very spacious for all of the residents. I need to sell my house first within the year and then I will be moving in to this facility.

February 29, 2012

By Pete Z.

My mother-in-law has lived at New Horizons for several years. It is an attractive, clean facility that offers many amenities to those who live there. All of the staff with whom I've interacted have been polite and professional. My family and I have eaten several holiday meals in their dining facility and always found the quality of the food and number of choices quite impressive. Apparently the facility offers several different levels of medical care to their residents; my mother-in-law lives independently in a generously-sized studio apartment. My mother-in-law participates in poetry and book-reading groups, as well as having a regular card-playing circle. They also show classic movies on a large-screen TV, and offer shuttle service to local shopping destinations. When my son was younger, highlights of his visit to "Nana" at New Horizons included using their swimming pool (in which my mother-in-law has also taked Tai Chi classes), baking cookies in the communal kitchenettes provided on each floor, and enjoying the large aquarium (complete with turtles) in the lobby.

Costs for New Horizons at Marlborough

Photos of New Horizons at Marlborough

Services and Amenities of New Horizons at Marlborough

• Pool
  • Features Extra: Indoor Pool, Greenhouse

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Psychiatric Care
  • Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.
  • Pharma

• Renal
  • Vegetarian
  • Diet Extra: Food Prepared From Scratch Daily

About New Horizons at Marlborough

New Horizons is a private, nonprofit independent and assisted living community on a scenic, 40-acre country campus. An affiliate of Cummings Foundation, it accommodates up to 500 seniors with personalized living plans and employs a staff of more than 125.

• Fully private rooms
  • Kitchenettes
  • Large windows
  • Telephone
  • Cable
  • Internet
  • Emergency call system
  • All the comforts of home - and more

New Horizons strives to be more than a housing development for seniors. Rather, it is a welcoming and supportive community with programs, recreation, and services designed specifically for its residents. In the central building alone, it offers many of the amenities of a small town, including a

• Hair salon
  • Apothecary
  • Large-screen theater
  • Game room
  • Heated indoor swimming pool
  • Elegant dining room

Nondenominational, New Horizons offers regular on-site Protestant and Jewish services, as well as daily Catholic Mass.

Map of New Horizons at Marlborough