Manor Care Health Services - Wheaton

Reviews of Manor Care Health Services - Wheaton

Nursing Home Reviews for Manor Care Health Services - Wheaton

February 13, 2015

By medicaresoon

I had the great misfortunate to break every bone in my my ankle summer of 2013, and needed multiple surgeries. In between the first two, I was sent to this really horrible nursing home to wait several weeks for certain healing that had to occur before I could have the next surgery. Both my patents had previously spent years in nursing homes, so I am not new to the experience. But this place was just the worst. It was visibly filthy in places, many (but not all) of the staff (especially my main nurse, who often got angry at me for no apparent reason), were rude and condescending; they treated me like a trouble-making, much older dementia patient (I was then a 63-yr-old federal employee). I am a diabetic and had some open wounds draining in my foot from the 1st surgery, but despite this, they never cleaned around the wound areas, which they had been admonished to do, lest I develop an infection that could turn gangrenous. I did, in fact, get a foot infection, so my second surgeon rushed me into surgery on an expedited basis, so he could save my foot. The managers and PTs at ManorCare were quite wonderful, but couldn't seem to get the rest of the staff to do their jobs properly. In addition, the OT assigned to me was, well, I'm going to watch my language here, and just say cruel. Once he threw my bathroom supplies on the floor and made me crawl to pick them up. To their credit, I saw management discipline my main nurse, and further understood from management that the perplexingly mean OT was also going to be disciplined. But I was so helpless, and I just couldn't believe anyone would treat someone in their fare like that.

May 29, 2014

Manor Care Health Services was good. Food tasted OK. The rooms were fine too. They have a lot of staff. Everything else was fine; however, I would give them a 4 because of the communication. I wasn't pleased with communication skills that they have there. The social worker was the only liaison they had, but you need somebody who can spend more time with you to explain all the details. I ended up having to pay $10,000 because I wasn't communicated with properly. Also, they have a lot of foreigners who spoke another language, and sometimes you didn't understand their English. Manor Care was good otherwise. It was OK.

August 23, 2011

By mslorie

Other

let me stated by saying I am a nurse. with manor care what I find is I had a client that camew home from an extended stay at manorcare he came home on hospice.. his wife felt that she wanted him home with his loved one surrounding him so thats what she did. Manorcare offers a variety of things for the client and the family they offer moral support to the family while the offer comfort support to the client. in my opinion of his condition coming home they did a great job he went from tube feeding to feeding his self in 1 week (because she didn't want to bring him home on a tube) the Therapist who works with them are amazing from Physcial, occupation to speech they all jumped into this situation with both feet trying to get him prepared for his lifes next journey..

February 19, 2009

By Tamika-1

My loved one stayed here

My uncle was sent to Manor Care for 3 months of rehab care after a stroke. The family was unaware he was here but were contacted by Manor Care SW to state that he was uninsured and they need to come up with an exit plan for him. When the family attempted to get involved and help they were told that they could not discuss any information due to PHI and HIPA regs. His estranged wife told them she wanted nothing to do with the situation, so the family attempted to get Power of Attorney to handle it. In the meantime, Manor Care proceeded to contact his 89 year old mother to tell them that they were making him a ward of the state and basically dumping him. Manor Care attempted to contact anyone whose name was listed on his visitation log to get them to take him out of the facility, despite the fact no one knew his prognosis or what he'd need to survive in in home care. <br /> On my visits the facility smelled of urine. My uncle's curtain has dried urine and feces on it that were never cleaned on changed. He would be lying in his own urine all day long until someone would demand he'd be changed. The staff that worked with him seemed to have no training on how to provide care for a stroke patient with impaired cognition and mood disorders. Every request to help him would be met with 'he always does that' or 'he always says that'. There was not enough staffing to attend to the patients and ensure their well being. Overall it was a terrible place and he surely would have died there. Be very careful before selecting this location for care.

Services and Amenities of Manor Care Health Services - Wheaton

About Manor Care Health Services - Wheaton

Manor Care Health Services - Wheaton is a senior living provider in Wheaton, Maryland that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Manor Care Health Services - Wheaton for more details on services and rates.

Map of Manor Care Health Services - Wheaton