Sunrise of Carroll

45 Washington Road, Westminster, MD 21157
Sunrise of Carroll (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 24 days

Sign a residency agreement by 12/31/19 and pay no suite rate in Dec 2020 or Dec 2021. Eligibility limited to new residents. Offer not available for Monogram Collection, Independent Living, Sunrise Villa communities, or publicly funded health programs.

Reviews of Sunrise of Carroll

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Carroll

February 28, 2014

It was very clean. It's an old mansion. It's just lovely. My mother was just there for respite care, and she liked it. They were very caring. The rooms were very spacious, very clean, and very accommodating. Although my mother didn't participate, I happened to be there when they were doing different things with their patients and the patients seemed to be really enjoying it. It seemed like they really had a wonderful time. The only thing I would probably complain about was the food wasn't very appetizing. But the dining area was lovely.

December 28, 2012

By Joan13

It's nice. It's near where my daughter lives. I'm happy with my choice and my husband seems happy, too. He's got a nice room there and they have a nice dining room. He's only been there for three months.

Photos of Sunrise of Carroll

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Carroll

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: Licensed Level 3

About Sunrise of Carroll

Located on a hill, our two-floor retirement community offers a total of 54 senior apartments, 14 of which are in our Memory Care neighborhood. Some are furnished, and all have private, wheelchair accessible bathrooms, a kitchenette, curtains and blinds, wall-to-wall carpeting, WebTV, Internet service and individual temperature control. Each apartment also has lovely views of our beautifully landscaped grounds or the surrounding hills. Pets up to 25 pounds are welcome to join the Carroll Senior Living family.

Our mansion is over 100 years old and offers several gracious common areas including a spacious parlor just off the lobby. With seating for 40 people, we typically hold all of our major social events here. In addition to three elegant dining rooms, each with its own fireplace, we have a sunroom, library and activities room. Everyone enjoys our large wrap-around porch with garden views, mature trees, bird feeders and the rolling hills beyond.

An array of social, educational and cultural programs encourages residents to rekindle their past interests and explore new ones with friends and neighbors. Carroll Senior Living offers many planned activities each week and loves taking our seniors for day excursions like to performances at the Carroll Arts Center or events including the FallFest, Flower & Jazz Festival and Art in the Park. All activities are created around the passions, hobbies and talents of each resident.

Westminster itself is a thriving community, with a wonderful pedestrian-friendly downtown area. In the summer, we take residents on picnics or to enjoy a festival at the Carroll County Farm Museum where residents have the opportunity to experience mid-nineteenth century rural life. Twice a week, we take residents to the Carroll County Senior Center which is located just across the street.

Our fine dining experience is prepared by a trained chef and receives nutritional support and recommendations from a registered dietician.

Three restaurant-style meals are served each day in the formal dining room and snacks are provided throughout the day. We continue to meet the nutritional needs of residents with dining choices that promote their health and well-being. Each meal offers a selection of delicious choices, sensational service and we always accommodate special restrictions and requests.

In our memory care community, residents enjoy a more quaint dining experience. Residents all sit together at the same time and same table each day. Meals are served on colorful plates and tablecloths so they can more easily distinguish their food. We also provide easy-to-eat snacks between meals, helping to ensure these residents get the nutrition and calorie count they need.

Map of Sunrise of Carroll