Fairhaven Retirement Community

Independent Living Reviews for Fairhaven Retirement Community

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Fairhaven Retirement Community

August 24, 2016

By Thelma176441

Integrace Fairhaven was beautiful, but I would have been paying for a lot of amenities that I wouldn't have been using. Even after paying the entry fee each month, I would have had to come up with over $5,000 more to pay them. So, I said, "No, that's too much. I don't have it." It was a gorgeous place, and it was all fancy both outside and inside. The rooms were fine, and their sizes were okay. Some sections of the facility were older. There was a golf course and a lot of different things. The staff was very nice. The girl there was very nice and very pleasant. She showed us everything we wanted to see even though she realized that I couldn't afford it.

July 22, 2016

By Knowledgeable Consumer

Buyer Beware! Fairhaven is not the quality independent living retirement community (CCRC) Marketing may lead you to think it is. Look beyond superficial renovations and Marketing hype. Main structure, cottages and older apartments have many structural issues, such as sewer back-ups, water leaks, unreliable HVAC and hot water, etc. Frequent patches are applied when something breaks but there is little substantive preventative maintenance or needed underlying structural updates. Note also that laundry facilities for older apartments are inadequate, are used by residents, family members and Fairhaven staff from all over the community, including the Health Center; and these machines are never sanitized unless a resident does so. Bottom line: Before you sign any contract, ask questions about basic living conditions. Marketing is not going to tell you about chronic issues and complaints from existing residents. Talk privately to residents in the type of unit want and who have lived at Fairhaven for more than a couple years -- not just the residents you are introduced to by Marketing. Once you sign and turn over the entrance fee, you may well be stuck because any refund may depend on when your unit is bought by a "new" resident. There are former residents/family that have been waiting 3 years or more for their refund.

September 07, 2015

By Peter35

They were all very helpful at Fairhaven. They have independent living villas, independent living cottages, and apartments. They had several different tours that they took us on to show us around, and it was very helpful to know their cost, etc.

June 30, 2015

Fairhaven was absolutely outstanding. A lady there explained everything. We toured, and she explained all the financing options. We visited each one of the apartments. I could not have asked for a more thorough and more delightful tour. She was absolutely outstanding. We saw everything -- the woodshop, the pool, the art class, and the library.

July 25, 2013

By caringmm719

Fairhaven was a very nice community. We have visited this place for my friend. I like this one because it was more country, not too much in the city. However, like all the other facilities we visited, it also has the same services and features. We didn't visit any facility that we find unacceptable.

July 05, 2012

By grandmas boy

in my opinion it was a on average facility, it was clean for the most part i was really amazed by the types of activities. They had an art class which i really like for my grandma the even had lecture groups i feel that is good that the people get to converse with each other. My grandma is a big poker person that's her favorite activity to do an the also have movie night which very fun as she told me. the swimming pool was very clean to my surprise to me it was a perfect match for my grandma she could get her nails and toes done if she wanted to. On the fitness side the also supply a yoga class and muscle toning. but the beds were not all that soft and comfortable an the rooms did smell a little funny but i expected that over all ill give it a 4. its still a nice place an the nurses were nice too, thats always a major part in facilities like this like i said overall a solid 4

May 09, 2012

By constant

We enjoy the busy community life at Fairhaven. But appreciate everything so much more this past week when my husband who has dementia suddenly developed breathing problems. After a phone call to the Wellness Center, the security staff arrived and helped us into the ambulance.. The Fairhaven social worker arrived at the hospital the next day to help me with paperwork, and the clergy arrived that night. Phone calls from several residents set up arrangements in our cottage for when we would return, which turned out to be six long days. Security met us when we returned to help us get inside and housekeeping arrived the next day to clean our cottage. Security then took us in a car to my husband's medical appointments in the Wellness Center. All the staff was aware of his situation and handled it quietly. Meals were delivered to us each day. It was reassuring to know that the "grape vine" here provided many of our friends and acquaintances with information. Fun foods and greeting cards followed, along with more offers of help. COMMUNITY COUNTS!

September 06, 2008

By Karen Fowler

I recently visited a friend that is living in an apartment at Fairhaven. I've visited many retirement communities, nursing homes and assisted living facilities but I have to say that I was impressed with Fairhaven. My friend loves living there. She tells me she receives excellent care in every way. She gave us a tour. It's like walking into a very warm, hospitable community. The main building houses beautiful artwork, the food in the dining area was very good. My friend told me that she took water aerobics every morning and that there is either a class or activity going on all the time. The feeling is very comfortable, friendly and professional at the same time. My husband and I have an aunt that may be looking at assisted living communities soon. I received a packet from Fairhaven that I can't wait to show her.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (12) See fewer reviews

Costs for Fairhaven Retirement Community

Cost of Nursing Home

Cost of Continuing Care Retirement Community

Photos of Fairhaven Retirement Community

Services and Amenities of Fairhaven Retirement Community

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

About Fairhaven Retirement Community

At Fairhaven, your age does not define YOU

Fairhaven offers a lifestyle that allows you to use your time and resources to pursue what you love, with the people you most enjoy. Fairhaven offers a lifestyle of flexibility and choice that provides each resident with new opportunities to pursue their passions and enrich their life.

The campus’s location is convenient to both downtown Baltimore and historic Washington, D.C. If the larger cities don’t appeal to you, Fairhaven is just minutes from historic downtown Sykesville and Ellicott City, which offer local shopping and restaurants.

Independent Living:

Set on a beautiful and scenic 300-acre wooded property and only minutes from historic downtown Sykesville, you will find Fairhaven, a premier, not-for-profit Life Plan community.

With an active campus in one of Maryland’s most charming destination towns— plus countless amenities, gorgeous housing options with over 30 floor plans of apartments and cottages and a full suite of services to support you every step of the way—you’ll find everything you need to connect with your passions, discover new paths and live the life that’s meaningful to you.

At Fairhaven, you get the best of both worlds: a thriving community that empowers you to pursue what you love and a comprehensive support system that you can count on whenever you need a hand, with on-site assisted living, short-term rehabilitation, and skilled nursing. That’s more than just a good plan—that’s peace of mind.

Assisted Living:

At Fairhaven, every resident “lives life their way.” Our resident-centered program, supported by Integrated PathwaysSM, offers assistance with medication management and personal care as needed. Every day brings an engagement program featuring exercise, social events, and outings, outdoor activities, music, art, and technology. Family and loved ones are always invited to join in! For those seeking an enriching lifestyle that promotes their independence while receiving the support they need, assisted living offers an alternative to traditional nursing care. As part of a full-service retirement community, every resident benefits from the extensive campus amenities and the peace of mind in having a continuum of health services available to them.

Thank you for your interest at Fairhaven. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Fairhaven Retirement Community