Severna Park Center

Reviews of Severna Park Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Severna Park Center

March 16, 2015

By Dbush

Frustrated at this point. My dad has been there one week & we try to make sure someone is alway there to keep an eye on him. He is diabetic, blind, previous weakness on one side from an old stroke, & a newly broken shoulder. He has been in bed since his shoulder injury 3 weeks ago. Physical therapy put my dad in the wheelchair for part of his therapy & left. Said they would be right back with leg supports. It took them awhile to return & when they did return had the wrong supports. Once again they left & said they would be right back. 25 minutes later my dad is slowly slipping out of the chair. She went to the nurses station to get someone. 2 nurses helped him out of the chair & tried to get him to walk to the bed with assistance. My sister informed them he cannot walk yet. They tried keeping him up by holding his depends & get him to sit on the bed. Well of course the depends started to tear & he started to fall. Thank god my sister was there to catch him. The nurses tried I'm not blaming them but physical therapy will be hearing from us. Did I mention the physical therapist that put him in the chair was the head physical therapist?

February 08, 2015

By HerkDia

We choose Severna Park Genesis because we had heard it was the better of several options in Anne Arundel County. Having been to one previously, we definitely wanted one that was much better. The facility is nice, the rooms are very small and difficult for two families to visit at the same time. The staff for the most part is good, I can't say enough about the receptionist Kelly, very kind and helpful. The therapists were great and made some strides with my husband. My problem came with aides or nurses who didn't respond when it came time for diapers to be changed or help to the bathroom or meds for pain. You could expect an 1/2 hour to 45 minutes at least for them to respond. It was so bad that my husband got frustrated and would tell me they wouldn't help when he asked for help. One night he got tired of waiting for help and got up on his own when he couldn't walk on his own and the bed alarm hadn't been turned on. Unfortunately, he fell and broke his wrist and had two pelvic fractures and ended up in the hospital....a week later he passed away. Another issue I had was the "casual Friday" dress code....you could never tell who was a nurse/aide and who was a visitor. This is a profession and they should always dress professional...leave the casual attire to business offices. the first night we were there we were greeted by a lady dressed in casual clothes and I wondered who in the world was asking me about my husband. If you have a patient there, check on them frequently. Like I said, it was a little better than one we had been to previously but it has it's problems also, staffing at night is one issue.

October 11, 2013

By Caring70194450

The facility was nice, clean and well kept. It seemed like a relatively happy environment. The staff were very friendly and very nice.

Services and Amenities of Severna Park Center

About Severna Park Center

Severna Park Center is a senior living provider in Severna Park, Maryland that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Severna Park Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Severna Park Center