Angel Assisted Living Lanham, MD

Reviews of Angel Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Angel Assisted Living

October 15, 2015

By B.A.M.

This facility is infested with roaches. You would not know this because there is a STRONG smell of clorox bleach when you walk in and the house appears to be clean... However, we visited my dad a few weeks ago and 2 roaches came from behind a huge painting on the wall (my 4 year old almost had a conniption). So I went into my dad's room and opened his night stand and there were roaches running everywhere...at least 6 or 7. My mom and I contacted the owner and she assured us she would handle it and it would be taken seriously bc she said she's never had this issue before. Prior to that my mom said she saw a roach when she visited over the summer and reported it to a nurse. Nevertheless, last night my family and I did an unannounced drop in just to see my dad and make sure they handled the roaches as they told us. Well my 21 year old and her 18 year old cousin were in the waiting area with the 3 kids and a roach flew from one wall to the next (according to them...now me and my wife witnessed the roach on the wall)...in the meantime, I looked into my father's nightstand again and there were roaches mating and scattering (while crawling on my dads glasses)...a baby roach even came out of clock after I shifted it. I contacted my mom, the owner, and adult protective services...I was informed I could remove my dad from that facility so I picked my dad up and brought him home with me. The owner wants me to meet up with her tomorrow so she can show me the extermination package. I don't want to see a package...I just want the ROACHES GONE because that is not sanitary. I believe the roaches are under the carpet and baseboards...in the kitchen there are wholes around the base of the sink and rust/a tiny hole on the refrigerator door. My dad also mentioned to me he only gets sponge baths bc the bathroom shower doesn't work. So I brought him home, gave him a nice bath, washed his clothes and put him to sleep. I do not appreciate being lied to...I don't appreciate paying for roaches to dwell in the same area as my dad. Now whether an exterminator came or not anyone with common sense knows you should treat an infestation multiple times until THEY ARE ERADICATED. My dad has worked too hard to be living in these types of conditions. There is no excuse for this...now I'm wondering about his food. I'm not in a position to provide level 3 care for him at my own home but I guess I will keep him here until we have a resolution. OH BTW...THEY PUT THE NIGHTSTAND OUTSIDE...and just in case you're wondering NO we've never had roaches growing up.

February 26, 2014

Angel assisted living was very nice. They had very nice, comfortable rooms and my son had a room by himself. They had a nice dining room with three meals a day. They had activities for the residents and had a well-balanced program.

January 14, 2014

By Edna5

Angel Assisted Living had 8 bedrooms and there were two residents in each room. The place was very clean and there was no odorous smell. They gave the residents something to do like bingo and games. They got them to get up and not just stayed immobile. They fed them nice meals which were non-choleserol food. I liked that it had more of a homey atmosphere. They did a good job and they were excellent. The price however, was higher than his income.

About Angel Assisted Living

Angel Assisted Living is a senior living provider in Lanham, Maryland that offers residents Assisted Living and Assisted Living. Contact Angel Assisted Living for more details on services and rates.

Map of Angel Assisted Living