Arden Courts of Kensington

Reviews of Arden Courts of Kensington

Memory Care Reviews for Arden Courts of Kensington

December 16, 2013

By makeup lady

The drive to Arden Courts of Kensington when I visited was good and I had no problem. They only catered for seniors with dementia, which was particularly what I looked for. All their aides had special training for dementia clients. The place was very nice, very friendly and they had a lot of outside facility for walking and places to sit. Everything was on the first floor. It definitely looked very nice and the rooms had the same furniture, but you could also bring your own. The dining room looked good. I asked some people who had relatives there and they were extremely satisfied. The main problem was the entry fee or community fee was an awful lot of money.

August 10, 2012

By San Franciscan

While I am no expert on dementia, as a layman I think my mother is doing very well at Arden Courts. Whenever I visit her she is occupied with some activity, and in good spirits. There is plenty of mental stimulation and physical exercise. We sometimes have lunch in the dining room or go for a walk along the perimeter path, where she enjoys the garden. I have never seen her depressed or sitting in her room alone. At 91, and despite the inevitable progress of dementia, my mother appears to be enjoying an excellent quality of life at Arden Courts.

July 18, 2012

By DCFriendofACK

Here is another example of ACK providing my dad what he needs. My dad has been a hard worker his entire life and sitting still is not something he is accustomed to. The staff at ACK knows this and they let him help them when he wants to. It makes him feel needed and valued. They show great respect for the dignity of their residents. When I left him yesterday, he was in the dining room folding napkins. I asked him if he wanted to walk with me, and he said, "no, I am here to help out". And I could tell that he really felt good about that. He wasn't sitting alone, he wasn't agitating to leave, he wasn't getting upset or frustrated with anyone "“ these were all my fears and they have not come to pass.

July 18, 2012

By Errose

The day my family moved my husband, Bob, into Arden Courts Kensington was the worst day and the best day. Of course it's heart breaking to have to take that step with someone you love, but I am grateful every day for finding such a fine facility for him. My husband has Frontotemporal Degeneration (FTD), a form of dementia that is very different from Alzheimer's Disease. Because he is only 62 and physically quite healthy, and because the behavior variant of this disease can be a very difficult to comprehend, it is often a challenge to find a facility that will work with these patients. Arden Courts not only was willing, but went out of its way to prepare the caregivers for the quirkiness of this disease. He is receiving extraordinary care...he's safe, comfortable, content. Of course that is an immense comfort to me.
See all Memory Care reviews (12) See fewer reviews

Photos of Arden Courts of Kensington

Services and Amenities of Arden Courts of Kensington

About Arden Courts of Kensington

Memory care is all we do.

Arden Courts offers dedicated Alzheimer's and dementia care in a safe and secure environment. We take time to learn about each resident's life story and preferences so that we can focus on providing the personalized memory care your loved one deserves.

Our staff is specially trained in the latest Alzheimer's and dementia caregiving techniques for many types of dementia including:

• Alzheimer's disease
  • Frontotemporal dementia
  • Lewy Body dementia
  • Combination of dementia diagnoses
  • Parkinson's disease dementia
  • Pick's disease
  • Vascular dementia

We also care for residents who wander and who display sundowning behaviors.

Our structured programs and personalized assistance help each Arden Courts resident maintain their highest level of independence and promotes their sense of well being.

Arden Courts is an intimate and comfortable community with delightful home-like settings, socializing areas, dining and entertainment, and easy access for residents with limited mobility. Our enclosed landscaped courtyard areas and 1/4 mile of walking paths are perfect for residents to socialize, exercise and garden while being safe and secure.

Our all-inclusive monthly fee simplifies budgeting throughout the disease process.

Call to arrange for your personalized tour of Arden Courts and see for yourself the difference experience makes at Arden Courts.

We know. We understand. We can help.

Map of Arden Courts of Kensington