Genesis Healthcare-Waugh Chapel Center

Reviews of Genesis Healthcare-Waugh Chapel Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Genesis Healthcare-Waugh Chapel Center

March 04, 2017

By Paul H

My father was there for rehab contracted C Diff and it killed him. They have the worst medical staff I have ever seen. They have to order everything which takes days. If you push the call button they never come. If you love your parents DO NOT send them there.

February 17, 2017

By Victoriahome

A first impression of Genesis is a nice place. But, that's as far as it goes. The staff, starting with a receptionist that appears that she doesn't want to be there, to the Nurses and helpers who doesn't seem to care about the elderly patients. Pushing the help button or even asking in person for help, will take over an hour to get that help. I understand that it takes a special person who can handle the needs of an older person or clean up after them, but, if you don't want or like doing this, get a different job. The elderly should not suffer, they should be treated with kindness and dignity. My experience with my father being there was bad. I also witnessed other patients who requested help be neglected. Don't put your loved one in this facility.

January 25, 2017

By Bmarar

My Mother-in-law was at Waugh Chapel from the beginning of October 2016 thru mid January 2017 and for the most part was bed-ridden. They are severely under staffed and most care givers are not happy to be there. On many occasions my Mother-in-law was made to wait at least 1 hour but many times nearly 2 hours for a diaper change. We ended up hiring our own private care giver to sit with her M-F from 8-3pm to make sure they gave her proper care. The PT & OT staff were great but I would not recommend this facility to anyone needing more care than PT or OT.

December 21, 2016

By WAS

My mother was at Genesis Waugh Chapel for three weeks. They are severely understaffed and not managed properly. The facility is fairly new, which looks nice, however the air conditioning did not work (it was July) and the call button did not work (how do you get the staff's attention if the button doesn't work?). My mother would ask a nurse/tech to go to the bathroom and would get a response, at times, over an hour wait. They'd leave her in the bathroom, at times, and wouldn't return for over an hour. The food was fair however the ONLY yogurt flavor was TRIX (yes, the kids cereal version of yogurt). Really? The PT/OT staff were exceptional. It was the ONLY good thing about the facility. I believe my mother's care was well below par and I would NEVER recommend this facility.

December 16, 2016

By A Visitor586237

The Waugh Chapel is OK for anyone who is ambulatory. It is clean but not organized. There is a lot of failure to communicate, and there isn’t enough staff, even though they say that there is. If you go down to the dining hall, you get a choice of two entrees. If you don’t go down, you get whatever they put on your pate. They ask you what you want, but if you are on a diet and can’t have some of the things then sometimes you just have to have peanut butter and jelly. They have therapy for the residents that's pretty good. They play bingo, bowling, and other games.

May 22, 2016

By RobertaGZRTN

My brother stayed at Waugh Chapel Center for a week or so. It’s a rehabilitation center that offered senior living as well. My brother didn’t care for the rehabilitation center because he thought they were understaffed. It was very pretty and very new, but he was looking for service, and he didn’t think that the rehabilitation was good enough. It was spotless, relatively new, and beautifully decorated.

December 02, 2015

We’ve been to Genesis Healthcare Waugh Chapel. It’s a new facility. The food is terrible; the rooms are all singles. I thought the staff was just fine. They had card games. The atmosphere was so-so.

Services and Amenities of Genesis Healthcare-Waugh Chapel Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2019

About Genesis Healthcare-Waugh Chapel Center

Genesis Healthcare-Waugh Chapel Center is a senior living provider in Gambrills, Maryland that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Genesis Healthcare-Waugh Chapel Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Genesis Healthcare-Waugh Chapel Center