Elternhaus, Inc. Assisted Living

Reviews of Elternhaus, Inc. Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Elternhaus, Inc. Assisted Living

September 23, 2020

By PrayerfulBeing

Elternhaus is the best place for anyone needing to be or have a relative/friend in an assisted living facility. Their staff is absolutely great! They give me the peace of mind I needed knowing my loved one would be in a caring place where they have healthy cooked meals, efficiently administer his medications, make sure he is comfortable and safe, he has his own room with a bathroom, which gives him a sense of privacy and independence, they make sure they have a personalized plan to meet his personal needs and accommodates his disabilities, they incorporate interesting activities to ease the loneliness they may experience at times, and the nurses and directors stay in touch with me on a regular basis. Most of all, they are patient and compassionate people! For the director, Mr. Mayer, more than a business, this is truly his calling! I feel truly blessed that my friend, who had her mom living here, recommended it when we needed it the most! Thank you, Elternhaus, for all you do!!

September 23, 2020

By Helen Matthews

I am thankful every day for Elternhaus. The first time I visited, one of my impressions as a nurse was that I would like to work there. When you walk in the door, you sense love and respect. I had already visited many places trying to find a place for my 60 year old husband with Alzheimers. I left each one with a feeling of despair. Elternhaus focuses on the right things for its residents; kindness, patience, acceptance and love. It is in a rural setting, beautiful and peaceful. There are 10 acres to walk in and enjoy the views of nearby sheep and horses. Elternhaus is a family. It is unique. My interactions with the staff are always positive. I regard them with the utmost respect for the work that they do with so much love. They go above and beyond in so many ways. There is a separate house in the back of the property for people who are more independent but need some assistance. It is warm and comfortable. The meals are healthy and homemade. In the summer, residents work in raised beds to help grow flowers and vegetables. There are bee hives and residents can stroll around the property. Individuals living there come to the main house for activities.

By SheriC83

When looking for a place for my dad about 8 years ago, we didn't look further once we'd found Elternhaus. And we were never disappointed over the 6 years he was there and when it was time for my mom to move to a care facility, it was a no-brainer -- Elternhaus was again our first and only choice. Good people who are involved with all aspects of care, kind, responsive and helpful. As to the facility itself, there are fancier places, but nowhere is cleaner or feels more like home.

By Carl-W

Need more than five stars for Elternhaus and staff. Couldn't be happier for my Mom to be under such good care in bucolic setting. Carl-W

By davemcd

Personalized care, small setting, gourmet meals, fabulous activities, great communication with families, beautiful property and excellent rooms

By Kathleen E

If you are looking for an assisted living home you that is on a smaller scale then this is where you should go. The caregivers have fewer residents to care for and the smaller scale allows for your family member to be visible almost all the time. The owner has high standards about who he hires and all of the caregivers will treat your family member as though they were their parent. My mom had suffered a stroke that not only left her partially paralyzed, but also unable to speak. The large facility she was in handled her roughly and caused several fractures which she was unable to communicate with us about! I worried constantly. Once we moved her to Elternhaus, I never had to worry about her. They are all caring and loving caregivers. When my mother-in-law needed constant care due to dementia, I contacted the owner right away. We were fortunate that they had an opening for her. She has also done very well there. Even though the caregivers come and go, there has never been a bad one! I can’t say enough about the owner and Elternhaus as a whole!

By CMLJ

Such loving care given to our Dad! He has a just-right size room that we made personal with familiar things from his home. We are kept informed about him regularly, and the staff is immediately responsive to our questions. Meals are vegetarian, and there is a warm spiritual approach. Twice a week, or more, residents can gather for activity hour, which may be word games, etc. This is not a huge facility so there are not a lot of various activities such craft or art classes, card games, constant field trips, etc., though before Covid our Dad joined others at small local theater productions at a nearby school, and dinners out as a group. Elternhaus is situated in a Maryland country setting that is beautiful and peaceful. Best decision we could have made for our wonderful Dad.

By Colleen V

Elternhaus is one of a kind! Both of my parents have lived there and the peace of mind that we having knowing they are taken care of is beyond comforting. The nursing staff is top notch and the caregivers are wonderful. My mom really enjoyed the activities and the wonderful hair stylist that comes on sight weekly. The beautiful grounds surrounding the house are breathtaking. On top of everyday living, the handling of Covid-19 has been impeccable. Couldn't really ask for more!

By Ajliahskram

Elternhaus has been great for my mom. The staff is very nice, accommodating and responsive. The facility is very clean and the the residents have the opportunity to participate in activities. On nice days my mom will sit on the deck and watch the horses play in the pasture across the way. Overall it has been a very good experience.

August 23, 2017

By Sleepless in Baltimore

While the owner of this facility seemed kind and caring, I was rather underwhelmed during my tour. The building is dark and depressing. Residents were sitting around doing absolutely nothing. A TV was on in the main room. No engagement from staff. This is definitely NOT a good place for those with more advanced dementia. Per the owner, they mostly stay in their rooms. Eek! Please educate yourself on the needs of residents with greater needs, as you are a level 3 facility!

May 10, 2016

By LucieYYFYA

We visited Elternhaus for my mother-in-law. I didn’t like it. The staff seemed nice, but the rooms were small, and the atmosphere was dull. The dining room was not appealing, either. They need to spruce the place up and remodel it.

September 29, 2015

Elternhaus seemed like a very nice homey place for my wife's father. We had a little food there, and it was good. His room was nice, adequate, and pretty clean. It is sort of out in the middle of very large open areas. The building and the grounds were very well maintained.

Services and Amenities of Elternhaus, Inc. Assisted Living

• Diabetic
  • Vegetarian

• Occupational Therapy

About Elternhaus, Inc. Assisted Living

Elternhaus, Inc. Assisted Living is a senior living provider in Dayton, Maryland that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Elternhaus, Inc. Assisted Living for more details on services and rates.

Map of Elternhaus, Inc. Assisted Living