Corsica Hills Center Centreville, MD

Reviews of Corsica Hills Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Corsica Hills Center

November 27, 2012

By Shasta1

My aunt was in an assistant living nursing home. She was there for about five years. Every time that I went to visit her, she was always happy to see me. She was there due to many serious health reasons. I did not agree with the way some things were ran there. It seemed like they only dressed her or had her up and out of bed when they knew that she was going to have visitors. They let her sit in her bed all day long on the days that no one was able to come and she wouldn't even get a bath. I know that all nursing home are not like that but a lot of them are. That is why we made it a point to have someone in the family go every day so that she would not get neglected. I do not really fault the staff at the assisted living facility. They are overworked and underpaid. This is just another thing in our society that needs to be fixed.

November 15, 2012

My mother had been to Corsica Hills. She was happier there than where she is currently in right now, and she said she wants to go back there. It's a bigger facility with more than 100 people. They have doctors and nurses that could check on her. They had stuff to do, they had activities like crafts, they make banana bread. However, when residents ring the bells for assistance, they don't answer it right away. I've stood at the nurses' desk for 10 minutes and nobody goes to check on somebody.

October 29, 2012

By ConcernedRelative2

When my grandfather fell and broke his hip I thought for sure that he would not get any help from the nursing home because of the stories you hear. I was also very skeptical of nursing homes because I have been in some that by walking in the door made me want to throw up. So I was very concerned if I was going to be able to come and see him without getting sick to my stomach. I also heard stories on TV where the staff would just leave patients and let them be subjected to getting bed sores because they were not being taken care of properly. But springily this place was very clean and the smells were very minimal. He stayed in there rehabilitation wing and i as very comfortable. Every time we went in the nurses would know who we were going to see. This is a very family orientated place. Although it did take some time for my grandfather to get better, his living conditions while he was staying there was great.

June 24, 2011

By four

I gave several holiday performances at this facility with a school group, and visited it with friends who had grandparents living there. The facility was larger than it seemed from the outside. I liked its location; it is recessed in a small corner of town in such a way that you feel isolated yet secure. This definitely seemed to help the staff keep an eye on those residents who took to wandering about outside the facility. The facility itself seemed to be more than adequate, with relatively large single rooms and a large common area. However, I was always a little puzzled by the seemingly small amount of staff present, and how easily one could enter the facility after visiting hours (the door was never locked and I never saw staff members monitoring it). It felt like such a large place would require a large staff on hand, but I never saw more than a half dozen or so employees at one time. Perhaps they were all just busy caring for the residents. Residents were kept very comfortably, and my friend's grandmother was allowed to have numerous paintings hung around the room, along with other items from home scattered about. The food was not bad either. The entire facility was well furnished, though the furniture was nothing fancy. Some areas seemed to be in need of tidying, but overall it was fairly clean and very professional.

Photos of Corsica Hills Center

About Corsica Hills Center

Offering skilled nursing, medical and rehabilitative care for patients and residents. Whether for a short stay or for an extended period, our Clinical Care Teams are focused on implementing personalized care programs to facilitate recovery and improve well-being.

Map of Corsica Hills Center