Charlestown

Charlestown (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Charlestown

Assisted Living Reviews for Charlestown

July 31, 2014

Charlestown is a good facility. They have everything down there; from senior living all the way down to intensive care. They have a lot of rooms that you can purchase. This is a place where you buy the unit. I like their dining room.

March 27, 2014

Charlestown, for me, is a perfect community. It has everything that my mother wants and needs at this stage in her life. It is perfect for her. Everybody has been so helpful with my mom, so I have absolutely no negatives at this point.

February 26, 2014

By LovelyLady00000173

Charlestown is huge and has a very big campus. It was very daunting and I had a slight limp so I was wondering how it would work out going from one end to the other for different activities. The rooms are small and not quite fair. The people I saw liked it very much and it had a positive atmosphere. It had just about any amenity you want. It has a swimming pool, exercise room and it has many activities. They also had transportation to take them to various places.

November 28, 2013

By Richard39

I will be moving to Charlestown Retirement Community and a friend of mine is living there. It is a very nice and attractive place. I met the sales people and they are very courteous. They have six dining rooms and the menu is adequate. They have an underwater thread mill, which I think is interesting.

May 12, 2013

By caring0502113

Charlestown is in a lovely area. The facility was just too big and too active for my mother. It was overwhelming for her. However, people there were accommodating and caring. The place was very clean. It was very safe, which was a big thing I noticed.

December 03, 2012

By msmith12

The Charlestown campus is beautiful. It's a huge campus that feels more like a nice neighborhood when you're driving through it. I spent time in one of the main meeting areas. The lobby area of this building was very nice, on par with a hotel. A staff member was also at the front desk to help people looking for a particular room. On a few occasions, I visited the resident at her apartment at Charlestown (we remained in touch after the project ended). It was a very nice one-bedroom apartment and she was even allowed to have a dog. Every staff member that I interacted with at Charlestown was pleasant and friendly.

July 05, 2012

By ravensgirl

The staff at Charlestown are very professional and seem quite happy to assist the residents. Staff members go out of their way to meet the residents' needs. Staff members are friendly and courteous to residents and visitors. The facilities here are clean and modern. Charlestown takes pride in maintaining its buildings. The food served here is quite good. There is a variety of food to meet the needs of all diners. The transportation service at Charlestown is very convenient and a nice feature for the residents. There is also lots for the residents to do at Charlestown. There are movies shown regularly, and there are game nights and concerts planned as well. The campus is beautiful, and it is easy to get around. There is a sophisticated security system, which helps provide peace of mind for residents. The residents and their families I have encountered have all been very friendly. It really does feel like a family for the residents there. I would recommend Charlestown to anyone, and everyone I know who has lived there has been very happy with it.

May 08, 2012

By AgingStudiesStudent

At first glance Catonsville's Erickson Living assisted living community is perfect. A beautiful, historically fuelled campus accents beautiful roomy buildings. On the inside, the facility continues to surprise with kind staff and clean facilities. Every resident gets their own room; despite this the sense of community is strong. I was invited to lunch by a group of residents on my first visit! My family is pretty young, and fortunately my grandparents still retain independence. The inevitable day will come however, that they will require a little extra help. Catonsville's Erickson Living assisted living community is a place I would even consider for my own family. The only downfall I could see between visits was a possible lack of activities. Residents keep occupied with each other and television, but a degree of community planning would be welcome. Even with this complaint, I am willing to give this assisted living community five stars for its amazing staff and facilities.

Independent Living Reviews for Charlestown

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Charlestown

November 23, 2016

By Elaine407267

I liked Charlestown very much. Everything was interconnected. They had their own doctor on staff there. They had 5 choices of dining room and several layouts of apartments. There was a gorgeous chapel.

July 13, 2016

Charlestown itself and its staff seemed really nice. They had a chapel and a salon. I tried the food, and it was fine. They had lots of activities and hundreds of clubs.

September 07, 2015

By Peter35

Charlestown only has apartments, and they've been very helpful in talking to us. They offered us different things to look at. They have a swimming pool, activity rooms, and all kinds of amenities.

September 09, 2014

By cbefacchia

My parents live at Charlestown in the assisted living facility. Overall the facility is acceptable. There have been many issues with their staff communication. Also, the activities department is not including my mother in any activities whatsoever. I have asked the staff hundreds of times to have my mother involved in daily activities, but they refuse.

December 22, 2012

By Lexi Cucina

This was a very nice looking facility. The first thing I noticed was the wonderful view, it was somewhat on a hill so you could see all the lights of the city, which I enjoyed. The units on the first floor had small patios which I thought was also nice. Once inside I saw that every unit had it's own little shelf outside the door which was great to for putting decorations on for the holidays, or setting pictures on, this made it look less like a hotel and more like homes. The unit I went into was nice, though the area where you would put your bed (there was no door, so it was not a bedroom) was somewhat small, but the bathroom was a beautiful and a decent size! I was looking at a map of the whole facility and noticed every residential building in the whole community was connected, which I thought was very useful, especially in the winter because most of the residents have motorized scooters. I was impressed with the size of this facility, and loved that there was a walking trail, baseball court, and a garden! I heard the price of the units was high, especially since you are buying them, but it seemed like a nice, clean place with a lot of activities individuals or visiting families could enjoy.

January 17, 2012

By bigpund

Overall this is a really nice facility. There are tons of amenities and options for the residents to take part in including swimming pools, tv rooms, library's, game rooms, and more. The facility has always been well maintained very well every time I have been there. In addition, there is a bus service offered which has a regular route that you can ride to go to different stores and get out of your apartment if you do not drive anymore. The staff has been nice and helpful for the most part. My grandmother was moved into the assisted living area and there have been a number of issues including the staff not providing medications when they were supposed to or at all, not monitoring her activities like they were supposed to, and not knowing where she was. In other instances when she has had health problems, the staff have been attentive and responsive - calling an ambulance, providing transportation to the hospital, and more.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (10) See fewer reviews

Photos of Charlestown

About Charlestown

Charlestown is a full-service, maintenance-free community designed exclusively for retirees, age 62 or better. Located on 110 picturesque acres in Catonsville, Maryland, Charlestown is a private campus kept secure day and night by a team of professionals trained in emergency first response. We're the ideal choice for active seniors who want to live a vibrant, engaging, and purposeful lifestyle in a setting that's both safe and beautiful.

Like a small town under one roof, Charlestown offers an abundance of opportunities to keep your mind, body and spirit thriving. Stroll to any of our four spectacular clubhouses through climate-controlled, glass-enclosed walkways that connect all of our community buildings. Here you'll find all the resources you need to enjoy a spectacular retirement, including our Historic Lady of the Angels Chapel, a fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub and four restaurants serving healthy, delicious meals created fresh each day by our own personal chef. Other amenities include a computer lab with high-speed Internet, billiards and game room, creative arts studio, fully-equipped woodworking shop, classrooms and even a resident-run television studio and performing arts center. Not to mention banks and 24-hour ATMs, a beauty salon and barber shop, convenience stores and an on-site pharmacy that delivers to your door!

Charlestown also has an on-site medical center staffed by physicians who work exclusively at our community. These licensed geriatricians are experts in meeting the unique health care needs of older adults. They will work with you to design a wellness plan that will keep you strong, independent and feeling your finest for years to come.

Map of Charlestown