Somerford Place of Annapolis

Reviews of Somerford Place of Annapolis

Memory Care Reviews for Somerford Place of Annapolis

September 27, 2015

By aberfoyle

My husband has only been at Somerford for several weeks, but so far we are pleased. After a bad experience at another facility, my expectations are somewhat lower, but Somerford is a big improvement. The physical layout is great for Alzheimer's patients - a lot of room to wander safely and therefore feel less confined. The staff is very willing to communicate with families and are approachable about concerns. Another plus is that they are a "stand-alone" Alzheimer's facility - I have learned that this is important. They hire no med techs at all, which probably results in fewer medical errors. There's usually something going on in the way of music, movies, pet visits, etc. I was told they have ponies visit - I'm waiting for that one! So far, so good.

July 21, 2015

So far, it has been OK. Not great, but OK. They are very caring people. They are all private rooms, but there is no call button to call the nurse, and I wish they had it. There is a dining room for the residents, there is a living room, all the residents have a private room, and there is a kitchen. I don't know too much about their activities because my husband has only been at Somerford for about four days, but we have heard a lot of music, there are a lot of people wandering around and walking, and things like that. They could improve on the direct communication between the residents and the personnel.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Somerford Annapolis. At Somerford we are an all dementia care community, for that reason we have found that our residents are unable to use a call bell system, instead we do hourly checks on residents as our safety measure. I appreciate the strain of moving your loved one to an Assisted Living community. The transition in the first few days can be very overwhelming, just know we are here for you. I would love for the chance to personally meet with you and address any concerns that you may have.

Heather Junta, Executive Director

June 25, 2015

I liked the fact that Somerford Place of Annapolis was strictly for dementia and Alzheimer’s. Everybody was friendly. The rooms were nicely appointed. They had church services.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Assisted Living License

About Somerford Place of Annapolis

At Somerford Place, we understand the challenges for those living with memory loss and for the people who love them. Providing care and support twenty-four hours a day takes a great amount of energy, emotional strength and a great deal of support. Our award-winning Bridge to Rediscoveryâ„¢ program helps give people with Alzheimer's and other types of dementias the specialized care they need as they rediscover the joy in everyday life. We have day, overnight and live-in options to fit any of your needs.

Specific for dementia/Alzheimer's, staff trained for the disease. 24 hour LPN administering medications.

Map of Somerford Place of Annapolis