Engel Place

Reviews of Engel Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Engel Place

August 06, 2016

By Kizzybean

My mother was there for rehab after a fractured hip. The care was terrible. The nurses would not listen when I kept telling them daily that something was wrong with my mother. They used a typical canned response to my concerns. As a Registered nurse I knew there was something more going on but they refused to listen to my concerns as my mothers condition declined daily. The nurses argued with me about my thoughts on possible medical reasons for her decline. Ultimately she was readmitted to the hospital with a full body infection, resulting from untreated UTI and subsequently passed away from body system failure. I've sense heard this is known as "Death" manor. Don't send a love one there.

June 10, 2016

By Janet706067

Mom was in Ross Manor for nine days. The therapists were wonderful, but the rest of the staff was terrible. They didn't have enough people, and my mother was left alone all day. It's not a place that you'd want to put someone that you love. They're overcrowded, understaffed, and dirty. There's no other place in Bangor, so if you're not a veteran, you're out of luck.

July 24, 2015

By Winnifred123

This place is awful. I would never send a family member here again. A few years ago they left my grandmother's bell going off for hours while she was laying on the floor calling for help. The service is awful, the CNA''s and nurses have no interest in helping their residents. Jist a few days ago I was in there visiting a friends family member. When we asked for help, we received a rude response and no help from the nurse in charge, herself. Just a warning to anyone who is thinking about sending a family member here.

May 25, 2012

By Tony hick

This Assisted Living facility is a home for elderly adults who would like to live in a facility and have some of their needs met (i.e. medications, bathing etc). I visited it twice and found the atmosphere neat and tidy. It provides the residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. In the memory care program, they focus on making each day purposeful and meaningful for each resident. Their highly-trained staff ensures that residents feel comfortable and safe in their own sense of self and the world. Food arrangements are really nice and residents are offered what they wish to eat. The residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change. Nearby is shopping, movies, transportation and hospitals. I love that they allow pets within the campus. The apartments are very nice and have plenty of room,( great for those in wheel chairs) as well as a complete furnished kitchen including; a dishwasher, fridge, oven, sink with garbage disposal and plenty of counter space. I would recommend this facility for elders.

March 27, 2012

By apostolicman

I have had the opportunity to visit Ross Manor on several occasions as part of the nursing home ministry for the First Apostolic Church. I've been to other facilities as part of our outreach ministry, but I have to say that out of all of the facilities I have visited, Ross Manor is by far top notch. All of the residents are typically in the area that we conduct our services in before we even arrive. At other facilities people announce over the intercom that we are having services in a rather boring manner, and typically leave us to go about the facility to ask. The staff is friendly and helpful, and some of them have even sat in on the services. From the areas I have seen, and the patients I have visited, I feel that Ross Manor is a top rate facility and I would have no problem putting any member of my family in this facility.

Services and Amenities of Engel Place

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

About Engel Place

Engel Place is a senior living provider in Bangor, Maine that offers residents Assisted Living, Assisted Living, and Nursing Homes. Contact Engel Place for more details on services and rates.

Map of Engel Place