The Glen Retirement System

Reviews of The Glen Retirement System

Assisted Living Reviews for The Glen Retirement System

January 23, 2014

By Tomdowell

This place is the Most HORRIBLE place I have ever encountered. The " assisted living " at The Cottages is totally " non-assisted". They merely do what the choose to do and there is NO supervision! The aids are cepletely in control. One resident died and they did not call the coroner's office until the following day. Disgusting!

October 15, 2012

By AmyH1

The Glenn retirement home/ assisted living facility is one of the nicest of its kind in Shreveport, LA. When I would enter the premises, I always felt safe and secure, for myself and for my loved one. The front entryway always has people enjoying the outside and feeding the ducks, and it is always nice to be greeted by them. The amenities that the patients or residents use always seem clean and safe. There are plenty of group activities, like bingo and dancing, for the residents to enjoy. Some days, volunteers bring ice cream around to the people that are allowed to have sugar, and it really makes some of the residents' days. The staff is always kind and courteous, and I can tell that starts from the top as well. My only complaint is that the inside sometimes looks a little too much like a hospital. It would really benefit from more artwork, even though it already has some. All around, The Glenn is a wonderful place for loved ones, and I know my grandmother greatly enjoyed living there.

May 09, 2012

By CARROTCURLZ

AS FAR AS I SAW EVERYTHING WAS GREAT ABOUT THE PLACE. THE ONLY NEGATIVE THING I COULD SAY AND THIS IS NIT PICKING BUT IF IM DYING IN A SMALL ROOM WITH ANOTHER ELDERLY PERSON I WOULD BE NITPICKING IF I COULD SPEAK...I WOULD LIKE TO PASS IN A ROOM THAT'S NOT DEPRESSING AND BEIGE...FOR A PERSON THAT NEVER SMOKED, NEVER DRANK, EXERCISED, PRAIDSED THE LORD, EAT HEALTHY, AND HAD A TON OF FOSTER CHILDREN IN WHICH SHE DIDN'T ABUSE...SHE DESERVED NOT TO DIE IN FRONT ON A TINY TV ON LPB IN A BEIGE BRICK PRISON...I JUST WISH I HAD BEEN OLD ENOUGH AND HAD THE MONEY TO CHANGE THINGS

February 19, 2012

By F631

The Cottages are a serene living environment for adults with memory needs. The staff is friendly, the environment is elegant. However, housekeeping is poor. Rooms are dusty. Belongings and dust accumulate under the resident's bed. There appear to be very limited activities for residents. Occasional reading time or an outside volunteer for music, entertainment. Multiple items of clothing lost and not recovered. Little stimulation/activities lead to agitated behavior to include breaking hangers, pictures and other belongings...an agitated mind. In her new residence, none of these destructive behaviors occur because she is so busy & kept active. There are much better places for the amount of money you will pay at the Glen. Look around.

Services and Amenities of The Glen Retirement System

• Pets: Yes

About The Glen Retirement System

The Glen Retirement System is a senior living provider in Shreveport, Louisiana that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact The Glen Retirement System for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Glen Retirement System