Summerfield Estates Shreveport, LA

Reviews of Summerfield Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Summerfield Estates

May 10, 2017

By Tamika410727

I visited Summerfield Estate. They had activities, but I do not know what they were. They served three meals a day. They had great, friendly staff who showed me a one-bedroom that was furnished, had a refrigerator, and was dressed up really nice inside. It had a really homey feeling.

February 07, 2017

By Susan113330

Summerfield Estates seemed very friendly and had an adequate appearance. They were very helpful in showing me around. The dining area looked very nice and very homey.

November 29, 2016

By Imelda204310

I highly recommend Summerfield Estates. It had caring staff, and the activities had a lot of resident involvement. I have tried the food, and it was fair. The dining area was like a cafeteria. The rooms were very nice with an open floor plan and a balcony, but it would be better if they would use hardwood floors instead of carpets or a rubber mat where the wheelchairs could easily be navigated. The staff was wonderful, extremely accommodating, and helpful. They were bringing food to our room if we were unable to go to the dining area.

November 25, 2016

By Dewanna

The presentation at the Summerfield Estates was great. It was warm and inviting. The atmosphere was fine, but the particular room I saw was kind of small. What they had available was more than what I needed. The person I made contact with almost sold me because I feel like my brother would be in a warm and safe environment. I noticed they had a library, a workout room, and activities. The person who gave me the tour was so nice, thorough, polite, friendly, and patient. Had I chosen that place, I know they are going to be friends with my brother.

September 30, 2016

By Robert755738

I really liked Summerfield, and if we’re able to do this type of care, this is where I want mom to go. There was a sense of privacy even though the rooms were close to the activity area. The activity seemed to be varied. I met several residents and had some really good conversations; everybody seemed pretty happy with where they were, and they’re very welcoming.

May 10, 2016

By Cheryl124709550

We had a great experience visiting Summerfield Estates. The food and the staff were good. The environment was nice and clean. They had an exercise room and studios with living rooms. It was all good. Everyone was very nice and friendly, and the residents came up and introduced themselves and welcomed me.

April 07, 2016

By Janice121025650

I visited Summerfield Estates for myself. I like the area. They have a library, a room with a pool table, and a very nice and elegant dining area. The apartments were really nice with some including a patio or balcony. I would recommend them.

March 31, 2016

By Lorraine M.

Our church group would go to Summerfield Estates and sing occasionally. My son-in-law has played there for entertainment. The people are very friendly. I have thoroughly enjoyed my visits when I go there. I think a couple of times we ate lunch, and it was fine. But I did not go into rooms. The place is very attractive. I have been very pleased with what I have seen.

February 26, 2016

By Thomas120553250

Summerfield is a beautiful facility. The staff was wonderful and caring. They showed us a very nice, small, one-bedroom apartment with a kitchenette, living room and bathroom. There was a balcony in the ground floor unit, and the one upstairs had one, too. It’s really nice, and I like it.

November 24, 2015

By Sandy116278450

My parents are at Summerfield Estates. They like it. The facility is very clean and nice, and the apartments are clean, spacious, and bright.

September 29, 2015

By Jim113444550

Summerfield Estates was nice. They rework the apartments as soon as somebody moves out. It had a beautiful entrance. It was well kept. They were very well versed with what they do, and they did a good job with the tour.

May 17, 2015

By Anonymous107012050

My sister has been in Summerfield Estates for about two weeks now. At first when I was still trying to find a place for her, the price was within our limit, but the saleswoman just really did a strong sales pitch in the back that some things that she told me was not what was in the contract. When she sent the paperwork, I realized that the paperwork was all wrong, and I called her back. She had to resend it, and I did not have time to read everything. I was kind of disappointed with the salesmanship. I was expecting them to work with me because I was in the middle of trying to figure out where I needed to put her. When I checked her in there, I told them I am afraid that this is not going to work and I am afraid that she is worse then what I thought. She is having extra problems that they did not tell me about.   She has a one room apartment. Everything is in one room. It is the smallest and cheapest one they have. It is on the first floor which is what we had hoped for. She would like to have something bigger, but at the time, we could not afford to get more. They did tell her that if she wants a bigger room, she could do that later. I have not eaten there, but my husband said the food is good. All the residents that I have talked to also said it is really good. However, my sister has diabetes, and she said the meals are not geared towards that. I do not really know all the activities that they have, but they play cards and they take them out shopping and to restaurants. They also have a lot of people come in to entertain them. The management seems to be very nice.

February 03, 2015

By Regina9

The staff was excellent at Summerfield Estates. I had nothing bad to say about them. I was very impressed. The dining room was excellent. We had lunch there, and everything was just perfect.

June 19, 2014

By Ona

Everyone at Summerfield Estates were very nice. They invited me to eat with them, and the food was good. I was able to meet some of the patients, and we played a little game. It was all interesting, and I enjoyed it. I looked at a couple of apartments, and they seemed to be really nice.

April 21, 2014

By Mary80273450

We visited Summerfield, and we were treated respectfully. It had a two-bedroom and two-bath apartment, but there was no room for anything else. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. The dining room was beautiful, well appointed, and clean, but we didn’t have time for a meal. They had sign-ups for trips outside the facilities for casinos and shopping. They had an on-site beauty shop. They were plenty of activities available.

May 31, 2013

By Joseph14

It was really good when we first got to Summerfield Estates. They were really nice. The assistant managers were okay. But I think the company is going down and it started cutting corners and staff. Several people moved out before we moved out. And they were going to increase the rent this year.

Hi Joseph, thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback as we are always looking to improve. Thank you

Questions about Summerfield Estates

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Summerfield Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Summerfield Estates offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Summerfield Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Summerfield Estates offer to independent living residents?

If Summerfield Estates accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Summerfield Estates work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Summerfield Estates

Photos of Summerfield Estates

Services and Amenities of Summerfield Estates

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Summerfield Estates

Summerfield Estates is located in Shreveport, LA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Summerfield Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Summerfield Estates