Vista Shores

Reviews of Vista Shores

Assisted Living Reviews for Vista Shores

January 29, 2014

By Dr.Frank Incaprera, MD

In Appreciation Letter From A Resident To Vista Shores & Staff I would like to express my thanks and appreciation to the management and staff of Vista Shores for the manner in which our recent severe cold weather was handled. As a resident I observed that everyone didn’t miss a beat. Our meals were served as usual, our rooms cleaned, and ALL the activities continued without interruption. Thanks to ALL for a job well done Dr. Frank Incaprera, MD

July 24, 2013

By lovedit

I did visit this community after reading the review and didn't get that impression of the community. I do like the fact that the residents were very friendly amongst each other and the staff was delightful! Lunch was great....still looking for my in-laws; but they are in our top 3 picks....to each its own!

July 18, 2013

By notinterested

I visited this place, and the staff was not friendly at all. They walk around like there is no management in there. It is the blind leading the blind. Very over priced. I do not expect this place to be open for long before someone else buys it, unless they get people in there that actually knows what they are doing. The seniors that live there look so unhappy compared to other places I went to. This goes to show you, you do not always get what you pay for.

February 28, 2013

By Dorothy9

I have been in Vista Shores before a new owner bought it. The lower level had flood damage from Hurricane Katrina. They just reopened it. It's a very nice facility and I would consider putting my husband into. But it's very expensive. We just don't have $5,000 a month. They have staff that work with people that have dementia and Alzheimer's. The rooms were nice, but ordinary. They're not Medicaid approved and I found out there's no place in Louisiana that are Medicaid approved. So we're going to be moving to another state where they do offer Medicaid.

Costs for Vista Shores

Photos of Vista Shores

Services and Amenities of Vista Shores

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2500

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Vista Shores

Vista Shores is a private luxury assisted living and memory care community built on the site of the legendary Vista Shores Country Club overlooking Bayou St. John. Every detail is attended to so our residents can relax, knowing someone is always close by if they need help. Our residents enjoy chef-prepared meals in our bistro and dining rooms, coffee and cocktails in our lounge, and beautiful sunsets on our wraparound porch. We offer a wide array of diverse social and cultural activities and health and fitness classes, as well as weekly housekeeping, laundry, and transportation services. Come home to Vista Shores, a safe, secure, and worry-free environment that makes every day feel like a relaxing day at the club.

Our scenic Vista Shores senior living community has three distinctive "neighborhoods" occupied by residents with shared abilities in order to provide optimum socialization and personalized care. Private one and two-bedroom apartments are available within each neighborhood, while our third floor is reserved exclusively for our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents. Additional levels of support are provided based upon the particular needs of each resident. Residents who require minimal assistance with day-to-day living can enjoy a feeling of independence akin to living at home, without the chores and stress of managing a household. Residents with memory impairment are provided with higher levels of care and security through individualized programs that enrich their lives and enable them to function at the highest possible level.

Some of our residents simply seek the safety, security, and social opportunities that assisted living provides, while others need help with day-to-day activities such as bathing, dressing, and medication administration. Just like every house in a neighborhood is unique, so is every resident, which is why we take a personal approach to everything we offer, from customized activities to individual health and wellness programs to the choices we offer at every meal.

We offer all of our residents the following top-notch services:

• 24-hour personal care
  • Managed medication assistance
  • Chef-prepared, nutritionally balanced meals
  • Assistance with activities of daily living, including:
  • Dressing
  • Onsite religious services
  • Complimentary housekeeping & laundry
  • Scheduled transportation

Memory Care

We are proud to offer one of the finest specially staffed Alzheimer's and dementia care programs in the region. Our third floor is reserved exclusively for our memory care residents. There is a separate kitchen and dining room on that floor, along with a beautiful veranda that overlooks the bayou. We also have a special memory care garden on our grounds.

Our team is highly trained in the care of those with Alzheimer's and dementia, and our individualized programs are custom-designed to enrich each resident's life and enable them to function at the highest possible level. Each resident's care at Vista Shores begins with an extensive initial assessment that assists in building a complete picture of his or her unique needs. The knowledge gleaned from this detailed assessment ensures that your loved one will receive the perfect level of support and care for them.

We recognize that each of our residents is unique, and encourage that individuality. Our approach focuses on understanding the personal history and lifestyle of each resident, so that they can continue to live in a way that feels comfortable and familiar, while receiving the assistance and support needed to live their best lives.

Map of Vista Shores