Amber Terrace Assisted Living

Amber Terrace Assisted Living (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Amber Terrace Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Amber Terrace Assisted Living

May 26, 2015

We were in the Alzheimer’s or Dementia unit at Amber Terrace, and I did not find that they could cope with any type of dementia like any outbursts. If they had anything that was not a perfect day, they may want to either get you or bring them to the hospital. Several times, my dad was given his night medicine at 4:30. The girls there were really nice; it was more of the higher level employees that were harder to deal with. The rooms were nice, but he fell five times, and he has bruising in his legs. They had everybody come look at it, and no one knew anything about it. They said they had never seen the bruised in his legs. I know that they get very small portions with the food, and they are not really given any more. It didn’t look bad, he sat with the table with all of the men, and I was really surprised that each one of them have this really tiny amount of food. They have a calendar full of their activities; they said they have a music hour, and these were not going on. It says someone has to play the guitar, but they were just all sitting in that little room waiting for dinner. They were just sitting around four around two hours. They were supposed to go outside, and I have never seen that.

June 30, 2014

We had placed my father-in-law at Amber Terrace. They just had excellent care, and they cared about their residents. His room was adequate for handicapped individuals. I think the food could have been a tad bit better, but overall it’s good.

December 13, 2011

By youngja

This facility was well kept up and very clean. At first I always thought that nursing homes were a bad thing and that I would never put my parents in a nursing home because I feared they wouldn't be taken care of. I feared that they would be treated like trash and nothing. A visit to this facility put a whole new perspective in my mind. It showed me that there were some good nursing home facilities out there. I really enjoyed the workers at the facility. They have really good relationships with each other and with the patients. They treated these patients like they were their own moms, dads, grandmothers, and grandfathers. I would recommend this facility to everyone if you have to take that route. On a scale from one to ten I would rate the overall facility an eight. I have been to others and they were horrible. I really like this facility and this would be my choice if I had to put my parents into a nursing home.

July 28, 2011

By Justadaughterinlaw

My mother in law has been a resident for over 2 years. They are one of the few assisted living facilities that offer a separate area for those residents with dementia issues, called Memory Lane. It is nice to know that we will not have to change facilities as her Alzheimer's advances. Administration and staff are wonderful!

Services and Amenities of Amber Terrace Assisted Living

About Amber Terrace Assisted Living

Amber Terrace Assisted Living is a senior living provider in Baton Rouge, Louisiana that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Amber Terrace Assisted Living for more details on services and rates.

Map of Amber Terrace Assisted Living