Ponder Creek Estates

Reviews of Ponder Creek Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Ponder Creek Estates

October 07, 2019

By Sharon

We've had a very good experience with Ponder Creek Estates. They've been very helpful. Anything that we've needed has been taken care of. It's beautiful, my relative's room is very nice, they have someone come and clean for her, and she's very well taken care of. The food is very good, she's very pleased, she's a vegetarian, and they've met those needs as well. We were invited for lunch with her, and it was very good. They have people who come in and play music, they play bingo, have exercise classes, and anything she wants to do.

June 19, 2019

By Mary

I've been to Ponder Creek Estates many times, but it's too high in price for my brother (it's $1,700 per month). It's a wonderful place, they furnish everything, the apartments are nice, and he can come and go as he please. The staff was fine, and the manager was extremely nice. They provide meals, there's laundry facilities, and the food is very good. The common areas are very nice.

March 30, 2019

By Mercedes

My grandmother has been living at Ponder Creek Estates. It's a large facility with multiple floors. They have a dining hall and everybody has their own private apartment. They have a little lobby area and an area where they can come out for tea and snacks throughout the day. Our experience has been good far and the staff has been really attentive and helpful. It was really easy moving in. My grandmother gets meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and she gets her linens washed once a week. They have somebody on staff at the desk most of the time. She also has cable in the apartment she's in. They have games, outings, and they take her to doctors' appointments. They have lots of activities and the meals are really good.

March 14, 2018

By Sherain

I moved into Ponder Creek Estates, and they have everything that we wanted. It's awesome, and it's a Holiday Retirement community. They have very nice rooms with a patio in each. The price is very reasonable. Their food is awesome, you get three hot meals a day, and the staff is great.

Hi Sherain, we are happy to have you as a resident of Ponder Creek Estates. Thank you for providing us with positive feedback. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Have a great day!

July 17, 2017

By Anonymous

I lived in Ponder Creek Estates for a while. It's very expensive, and it was foolish of me to go there. The staff was fine, and I didn't have problems with them. The rooms were very nice, and the food was pretty good. I was always taking a cab over there after seeing my wife for a couple of days, and it was costing me so much.

January 14, 2017

By Rebecca106250

Ponder Creek Estates was a really nice place. It had nice, friendly people, and good food. It’s closer to where we live, and we already know people that are there.

November 24, 2016

By Connie261433

Ponder Creek Estates is a beautiful and gorgeous place. My loved one likes it, and they're very good to her. Her biggest complaint is the food. They have a chef, so their food is just a little bit too fancy for her. Most of the residents there feel the same way. She has a very nice studio apartment that I like. It's clean, well-kept, and has one bedroom and a kitchenette. It's small but enough for her, and she likes it.

November 20, 2016

By Bobby783623

We liked Ponder Creek Estates. It was nice and clean, and everybody's friendly. They had several activities.

September 18, 2016

By April610807

Ponder Creek Estates was really nice; I liked it. It seemed very personal, and they’ve got a section where they can have a living room and a bathroom. They don’t have to cook anything; they can go down and have the meals just like a restaurant style. It’s a very pretty area, and I can go for a walk. If they need a nurse, they can have that on call; if they need help getting dressed, they can get help too. They have a bus and go on a tour.

September 13, 2016

By Rita204281

The rooms at Ponder Creek Estates were very nice. The place was well set up, beautiful, and clean. The outside has lots of places to do things, and it was landscaped beautifully. The food was very good, and they offer 3 meals a day. You can go down to get snacks in between meals. I think the place is very well taken care of. The people who assist the residents are very helpful, very concerned, and very people-oriented. It is very well-organized.

September 29, 2015

By Myron4

Ponder Creek was first class. The staff was fine, and I really enjoyed the food; it was good. I was talking to two old residents, and they were just super nice. I would recommend this place.

August 12, 2015

By Clara9

From my sister's point of view, the service is not as good as it was when she first moved in. Other than that, outwardly Ponder Creek Estates looks very nice to me. She doesn't cook. The food is a part of it -- three meals a day. She lives in a very small one-room apartment. Personally, I could live there happily. They have room cleaning once a week, a Laundromat, a beauty shop, and a nice dining area.

May 27, 2015

We placed our mom at Ponder Creek Estates. They have 300 of these Holiday retirement facilities, and they let you travel and stay in a room in one of their other facilities. The price is right, and the staff are absolutely wonderful. They don't spend a bunch of time trying to assess my mother and trying to get an idea whether she is right for them or not. They more come along the position of "We'll see, we'll put your mom in here, see how she goes, and we will help her as much as we can." They're very flexible, they work with her, and they don't charge extra. These people are really down to earth and really cool. The place is great, and it's an incredible value. She had a swollen leg for seven years, and when she moved there, the swelling went away. It's because the food doesn't have a lot of salt in them. They have nutritionally balanced food. I'm blown away. Her apartment is beautiful. The place is gorgeous; it is a gem.

March 30, 2015

By timorc

Facility is nice and food is about what you would expect. Biggest problem I have is that management changes about every six months or less. One thing that is very important to elderly is consistency, but you don't get that here. As soon as residents get to know and trust the managers, they are gone. Some have been nice and caring, but others have acted asif they are just occupying time till they are moved.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm so sorry to hear that you have been less than pleased with Ponder Creek's management turnover. We agree that our residents need to build strong, trustworthy relationships with their community's management teams and heed your concern. I've passed your review on to our Resident Relations department for their review. Please note that you're welcome to call them as well at 1-800-370-8331. Thank you, Katie

October 25, 2014

By Carolyn100825150

Mostly the people that live at Ponder Creek Estates are very nice people. They have gone through a series of management changes in the past four months.The place is very inviting; they used to have a piano in there, but the management decided to stick it in the corner in the dining room. Everytime someone comes to play music and they need it, they have to pull it out which is hard on the piano. We have studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom apartments, and it is a three floor building. I am in a one bedroom apartment; there is no stove or anything because all of your meals are included in your rent. There is a small refrigerator, and you can have microwave or a lot of people has other instruments and the room that they can cook with if they want. Most of the time, the food in my opinion is not bad.

July 20, 2014

By Margie6

I visited Ponder Creek Estates, and it was lovely, but I couldn't possibly afford $1800 a month. I think it's a beautiful place. It's nice, and there are activities. I was able to eat some lunch there, and it was absolutely very nice. I talked to a lady on the phone several times, and a gentleman, and they were as nice as they could be. They have some excellent staff there. For people living in the area, it's the place to go.

May 10, 2014

By Wandr

All that glitters is not gold. I spent the night at this facility and all night long there was a lady with dementia knocking on all the doors. This was supposed to be an independent living place.

Hello, we are sad to see your overnight stay with us did not meet your long term independent needs. We strive to have independent residents and provide options when we are no longer a good fit.

February 28, 2014

I like Ponder Creek Estates because it's a little bigger. It just seem like it had a little more interaction with the residents. They had a lot of outside people come in, entertainment, music, and I think that's important for the senior community to be around. The dining area was really nice. It was a lot bigger. It was beautiful and I liked the setup they had. It was very relaxing.

January 31, 2014

I found Ponder Creek Estates through word of mouth. The facility is built like a cruise ship. It's clean, well kept and just outstanding. It's also near the hospital. My dad has a spacious apartment, like 625 square feet. He has a nice bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. The managers really care about the people that lived there. Their dining facility is like a top notch restaurant. Meals are prepared by a chef. They have all kinds of activities, something is always going on there. They have a mini gym, bingo and a bus for outings. It's just a great place to be.

August 24, 2013

By nanniek

I spent a weekend at Ponder Creek back in July of this year. I have also been there before. I have friends that live there or had lived there. To me the place is very inviting, homy air about it. The place is very inviting, the food is very good and the people that work there are very nice and helpful. I have toured another facility that is brand new. It was very nice but not very inviting in my opinion. I have intentions of moving to Ponder Creel as soon as possible.

April 30, 2013

By Norine2

I slept one night at Ponder Creek Estates. Everything was fine except I didn't like the layout of the apartment. They have the same activities as every other place would have.

February 18, 2013

By Scott 1

Ponder Creek Estates was very clean and very nice. The people were fantastic and the food was great.

Questions about Ponder Creek Estates

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Ponder Creek Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Ponder Creek Estates offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Ponder Creek Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Ponder Creek Estates offer to independent living residents?

If Ponder Creek Estates accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We love our residents and we love their pets! Our community is pet friendly so you can bring your furry friend with you to your new home. There are green spaces and courtyards as well as walking paths where you can enjoy nice long walks

Does Ponder Creek Estates work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Ponder Creek Estates

Photos of Ponder Creek Estates

Services and Amenities of Ponder Creek Estates

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Ponder Creek Estates

Ponder Creek Estates is located in Louisville, KY, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Ponder Creek Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Ponder Creek Estates