Oxmoor Lodge

Reviews of Oxmoor Lodge

Independent Living Reviews for Oxmoor Lodge

August 15, 2021

By Scott

Oxmoor Lodge was fine. It's just that we found out that my aunt couldn't afford it, and they don't do Medicaid there. It was in a good location. Relatively, I would say the place is clean and kept up. The staff is great. They were nice people. They answered all of our questions. They were under disrepair because they were updating things for the next person coming in. They were in the middle of putting in new kitchens and things like that. They have an exercise room, and the place looked relatively comfortable. They just need to make sure they get their rooms and showrooms ready when they have tours.

June 18, 2021

By Karen

We toured Oxmoor Lodge. They really do need to put some resources into their facility. The staff was very nice. It was OK. I guess it was just right after a meal because there were trays laying all over the place, and there was a plunger sitting in the hallway. I was not happy. I like the location because it was right off Shelbyville Road, and it was right across from a mall. It is a good place if you are an older person and you want to walk over there and do a little shopping.

Hi Karen, thank you for your review. We are happy that you were able to stop by our community and meet some of our wonderful staff! We appreciate you sharing this feedback on your experience with our community. We would love the opportunity to have you back at our community, perhaps during one of our upcoming community events, to experience everything that our community has to offer. Please feel free to contact the local team directly if you would like more information. Thank you

February 15, 2021

By Judy

Oxmoor Lodge was cozy and very appealing. They're friendly. John, who did the tour, was extremely helpful, very empathetic and has followed up a couple of times. It's a very nice location. They were knowledgeable and caring. John was a top seller, and he was really impressive. It was #2 on my list if I had to move into a place.

August 28, 2020

By Vic C

The facility has different size rooms to help meet the needs of its commune. Pricing is reasonable and according to location and size. The facility has done a great job accommodating Covid19 and keeping the residents safe. Activities have been appropriate for a pandemic. I’m very pleased with the level of care and concern Oxmoor has displayed regarding safety standards.

June 26, 2020

By Doris

I have a special apartment in Oxmoor Lodge that had been occupied by a staff member in the past. It is on the ground floor and it is really nice. The staff members are wonderful. I love the place. It is really great because I came from a place which was not a good fit. We have all been confined to our rooms, but just this last week they started to let five people enter the dining area at a time by invitation. They are more than six feet apart. As for activities, they're doing some bingo. There is some distance and everybody has a mask. I love the food. It is all good. Of course we have the meals delivered right now. We have three full meals plus two snacks per day. I have been very well pleased. Everybody is friendly, nice, cooperative, and willing to help. The value for the money is good, too.

October 05, 2019

By Shawn

My mother-in-law moved into Oxmoor Lodge. They have lots of activities, and they have transportation to take them shopping and to do fun things in the community. They provide three meals a day in a very nice dining room, and they have a menu they can select their food from. The apartments are nice, comfortable, and they have lots of friendly residents. They have at least three or four different types of rooms; she has a one-bedroom apartment. They have a movie room, exercise room, game room, and an activity room. Activities include everything from bingo, to live entertainment, arts and crafts, painting, and some active activities like cornhole and quaffle ball. They have a pool table and an area where they can play card games, board games, or Wii. The staff is always welcoming when we come to visit.

February 28, 2019

By DV

I chose Oxmoor Lodge because their people visited me while I was in the hospital and it's satisfactory. The food is not good. Right now, we don't have a cook and a manager so things are kind of like in a disarray. They've lost the activities director, too.

Hi, we are sad that you have not been happy with your decision to live at us. While Oxmoor Lodge has been in a transitional state, regional support has come in to improve dining and operational experiences. Permanent solutions are in process. We value your feedback and hope Oxmoor Lodge exceeds your expectations soon. If you have any other concerns you would like addressed please reach out to us.

September 11, 2018

By DM

Oxmoor Lodge had a really great, seemingly organized program. The amenities were good. They place and the furniture were a little dated, but I liked the appearance since it's very bright and airy. It almost looks like a hotel when you walk in. There's an atrium area, which feels very spacious, so I liked the feel of the community. They’re true independent living, yet they have a lot of community support also. The only drawback is their rooms are very small, like 350 square feet. At the same time though, it’s one of the most economically-priced, so you get what you pay for. They also have a program where you can spend two to three nights in a guest room, so you can try it out, which is really great. There's a 90-day trial period where you get a three-month lease, and if it's not your cup of tea you can get out of your lease, which I thought was pretty unique. The staff was great.

Thank you for visiting us at Oxmoor Lodge! Your feedback is appreciated. We strive to help older independent people live better and would love to help you with this! We do offer a variety of floor plans for studios, one bedroom and two bedroom units. It sounds like you looked at a studio and a larger floor plan may better fit your needs if you need more space. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or would like to do a trial stay in our community guest room!

August 30, 2018

By Nancy

I got my mom in Oxmoor Lodge, which is a wonderful place, and she's happy as can be. It's absolutely incredible, big, and clean. The food service is wonderful and the people are wonderful and helpful. They have a lot of activities and my mom likes playing bingo, going on outings, and there are general get-togethers. They do wine and cheese and people bring their own glasses of wine. They have cheese and hors d'oeuvres set up for them. It's just really great. When I took my mom there, she could hardly walk, and now she's walking half a mile every day and she doesn't even need a cane. We were so impressed and my mom loves it.

Hi Nancy, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Oxmoor Lodge! We are glad to hear you mom loves living with us. If either of you need anything, please reach out!

March 22, 2018

By Jill

My mother liked Oxmoor Loge because it was smaller and cozy. The staff member was very outgoing and did research about a visitor, like what would trigger interest in them. We looked around and saw where the events were held, and he gave us a calendar of activities. There were games, movies, and trips to the grocery or theatrical events. The dining room was great, and the menu was fine.

August 31, 2017

By Sonia

The rooms at Oxmoor Lodge were too small. The space and the price didn't coincide with each other. They have activities room where people play pool, a library, a TV room, and a communal area where they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The dining area was very nice. I didn't get to see the actual meal, but from what I took away from the person that was doing the tour, they have a gourmet cook, so that's very nice.

March 29, 2017

By JR042040

My dad loves Oxmoor Lodge. The people are very kind and friendly. The food is good, and Dad enjoys it because they have a college graduate chef. Dad's room is clean, comfortable, and private. They have activities going on all the time.

March 04, 2017

By JH115210

Oxmoor Lodge was very nice, but it wasn’t what we wanted. I liked the way it was set up and the food was good, but I didn’t want apartment living. We were in there for a really short time. They were very nice and had activities. It was nice-looking, but it wasn’t for us.

January 14, 2017

By Rebecca678660

Oxmoor Lodge was a real nice place. The rooms were really nice. They offer activities and transportation.

November 20, 2016

By Bobby107216

We had a great meal at Oxmoor Lodge. The dining area was like going into a restaurant. They took our orders off a menu, and it was good. They sat us down with another couple, and we enjoyed it. They played cards and puzzles. It was nice and great.

October 20, 2016

By Charles775786

We're pleased with Oxmoor Lodge. They don't have any skilled care there, and we have to hire some people to look after my dad, but he is still getting some treatment from Medicare also. The staff is nice, good, and friendly. The apartments are nice and comfortable, my dad is in a studio, and he's got a hospital bed. They have a CNA looking in on him every day, and I have Medicare come in 3 days a week and therapy 2 days a week. The food is great and better than decent. They're affordable.

August 17, 2016

By Brenda806673

Oxmoor Lodge is an excellent place for senior citizens or anybody that has disabilities and not able to take care of themselves. It’s immaculate. We chose it for my friend because they can aid every need that he has, both emotional and social. They have a lot of different type of musicians that come in periodically and art activities. They also have mind games that keep the residents awake and alert. I don't have any complaints in regard to the food. The rooms are excellent.

February 29, 2016

By Reese3

We visited Oxmoor Lodge, the staff lived there so they were very connected with the residents. It costs extra to have someone come and help you, but their general pricing was great.

January 15, 2016

By Sincerely trying to help

I visited with my sister right before New Year, That day they gave us one price for an apartment. They were not available two of the intervening days before the next Tuesday when we returned at which time they had raised the price significantly. They told us after the fact they needed a decision within 48 hours. On our second visit is when they mentioned a $5000 non-refundable buy-in fee fee for the first time as well. There was no consistency between our first and second conversation with them.. The managers next ploy was to down-sell my sister to an apartment with half the space of the original for the price originally quoted. We left not trusting a word being said. Having received a copy of the lease from them to review, I would also caution that as a general matter there is no limitation in the lease on their ability to raise their "month-to.month" pricing.

Hello, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and while I am very sorry to hear these comments and reflection on your experience, I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing them with us. We want to make Oxmoor Lodge the best possible place to retire, and can not do that without open, honest, and thoughtful feedback such as yours. I am going to take these comments and share them with the appropriate parties. Of course, if you have additional feedback, please, we would love to hear from you. Again, thank you for the thoughtful feedback. We hope you have a wonderful rest of your day and to hear from you very soon. --Katie

December 10, 2015

By Judy116344350

We had a tour of Oxmoor Lodge, and it was very nice. We did not eat lunch that day because we didn't make arrangements to do so. The staff was very friendly and willing to work with us financially, but they were also too pricey for my mom's budget. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the dining room was clean. The residents all spoke to us.

September 29, 2015

By Myron4

Everything looked like it was as it should be. The staff answered my questions. Oxmoor Lodge was a very impressive place, and I would recommend it.

June 14, 2015

By Txkimh

I visited this facility with my mother, and we both loved it and felt comfortable there. Tammy and the staff were so warm and helpful. Ultimately, my mom chose another facility because the location was closer to family, but I would not hesitate to have my mother live here. The residents seemed genuinely happy to be there.

May 03, 2015

By Amy42

Our visit with Oxmoor Lodge was great. They scheduled the meeting right around when the dinner service was so that we would be able to go in there to see the type of food and see the atmosphere during dinner, and it was really nice. Our whole family had a meal there, and it was great. The lady who showed us around actually works with my sister-in-law because my sister-in-law visited nursing homes, did lectures, and taught exercise because she's a physical therapist. So, she was actually friends with my sister-in-law, and she was very nice. It was a great introduction to Oxmoor Lodge. One of the interesting things was that their facility had other facilities all over the United States, you could visit any of those facilities, and it was free. If you needed to go to the grocery store or if you needed to go shopping, they arrange travel for the residents who couldn't drive, and that was nice because my mother couldn't drive anymore. It seemed like a nice, clean, and healthy environment.

February 17, 2015

By Susan72449050

Oxmoor was my least favorite. It was a little more rundown. It needs some updating. It’s not well up-kept. I didn’t smell urine, but I smelled a very strong air freshener; it was so strong that it gave me a headache. It didn’t seem to be as impressive as the other two. I noticed that they were doing just inside the community.

Hi Susan, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for leaving a sincere review. I agree that first impressions are important, so I sent your feedback to our Resident Relations department for their review.

January 23, 2015

My mother really likes Oxmoor Lodge. She has a one-bedroom apartment, and it is nice. The dining room is really good; it does look like a big hotel dining room. I've eaten there three times with her, and she likes the food. They have games, they go different places, and they have some sewing clubs. I was impressed with the friendly people that took us on the tour.

October 06, 2014

By Jeff29

We chose Oxmoor Lodge because it was most convenient to where we live. It is well maintained, very comfortable and of good size, not large nor small. The people working there were fine with no problems. Dad is as happy as a 90 year old boy can ever be.

September 16, 2014

Oxmoor Lodge was very nice. It was inexpensive and was a good deal. You’re next to a mall. They have a small walking path and a nice porch on the back. The people that ran Oxmoor Lodge live there. They seemed very accommodating to the residents. The residents can bring family members in and they get to eat for free. The dining room is nice. They actually have apartments for people that come to visit. If they have one available, guests can stay in them. The rooms were OK. The ones I’ve been in were the ones people just moved out of. And so they weren’t ready to be moved into. But I felt it was a little on the small side. But they had studio, one, and two bedroom apartments. Some of the rooms actually had a small porch that you could walk out onto. Her socialization is better in this place too. They have activities. They have buses that will take everybody somewhere; you are able to take your car, and its $10 a month for parking space. I think they celebrate the holidays, and they have a mentor program. An actual resident helps a new resident come in and get accustomed. It’s a really nice setup. My mom and I are really impressed.

August 13, 2014

By Donna88395250

I liked the small apartments of Oxmoor Lodge because it was close to my church. It was close to shopping centers as well. I liked it better than the other place. The person who showed us around was very helpful and one of the waiters was also extremely helpful. The food was excellent.

July 19, 2014

By Margie6

I was able to visit Oxmoor Lodge, and they have a lovely bar where you can go and get snacks 24 hours a day. The place is very attractive. The apartments are big.

June 30, 2014

By Howard13

My visit with Oxmoor Lodge was very good. It was a fabulous place. The lady who assisted me was very considerate. She showed me around. Everything was explained to me like the types of care available and what type of house would be affordable. The apartments were spacious enough. I would recommend them to others.

February 28, 2014

The staff was very pleasant at Oxmoor Lodge. They were very informed, too. The interaction with the residents was really positive and encouraging. It was a very clean facility. I like the apartment's setup. They also have a nice little lake in the back, so the residents can go out and relax. And it was close enough to eating areas or outside restaurants, so they could go with their family.

December 30, 2013

By Howard10

April 30, 2013

By Norine2

Oxmoor Lodge is VERY competitive in price. The accommodations and the food are very good. My room is a good-sized studio. The facility has a beautiful view from the backyard. It's close to the mall and there are also lots of activities to participate in. The people here are friendly. The staff is very helpful. If you can't eat something that's being served, they'll arrange to get you something else. They provide linens and toilet paper. They do housekeeping once every week. They provide transportation, within a 10 mile radius, for doctor appointments. The facility can improve on providing transportation on a more frequent basis instead of just once or twice a week.

August 02, 2011

By taulebell

My mother moved into Oxmoor Lodge in March after a hospital/nursing home stay. She is 89 and previously living in her home. The physical therapists from the nursing home suggested she need a less confined placement but yet more services than she received at home. Oxmoor Lodge and their caring staff have been a wonderful new home for my mom. The Activities Director has an excellent program which has gotten my mom into more activities than we could imagine. The three (3) lovely meals in the dining room are delicious and nutritious. The fellowship during mealtime is cordial and welcoming. This is an answer to prayer.

Questions about Oxmoor Lodge

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Oxmoor Lodge. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Oxmoor Lodge offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Oxmoor Lodge exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Oxmoor Lodge offer to independent living residents?

If Oxmoor Lodge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Oxmoor Lodge work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Oxmoor Lodge

Photos of Oxmoor Lodge

Services and Amenities of Oxmoor Lodge

• Independent Living Starting At: $1980/month

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Oxmoor Lodge

Oxmoor Lodge is located in Louisville, KY, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Oxmoor Lodge for a visit...and stay!

Map of Oxmoor Lodge