Hartland Hills

Reviews of Hartland Hills

Independent Living Reviews for Hartland Hills

June 27, 2021

By Dorina L

I'm a resident of Hartland Hills. They put too much gravy in their food, they mostly serve us chicken and pork, and they hardly ever have any beef. They do have some salad once in a while. Most of the staff are courteous and they try to help. I like the staff. I have a nice 2-bedroom apartment and they keep it neat. I like the surroundings here. They have an activity room, but they don't really have too much activity, so I wish there is more activity that we could have.

June 26, 2021

By George

I am a resident of Hartland Hills. The staff is good except for the general manager. It's an old place. When you don't pay much money, you get what you pay for. For this independent living for two people, for a one-bedroom, 564 square foot apartment, it is $3,100. With that price, you can't expect too much. Chances are they don't pay the staff very good. I don't know how much they get paid. I don't know anything about it, but I don't think they do because they got mainly college kids and kids out of high school. I know they got a salon. I don't know anything else about it. The only place that I go is I come in the front door and I come out of my room, and that's it. I also go down to the dining room. There are two ladies here that are really good, and they can only do what the general manager lets them do. I went down there and told the man about the cooking of the eggs. When you take an egg and you can't cut it with a fork, there's something wrong with it. I told him about it and I said it was not the first time. He said he does not believe me. The majority of the staff is good, but I cannot say anything good about the general manager. When I moved in here, there was dirt on the window ledges. I have not had a cleaning lady in here for four months. The windowpanes are a double pane and a seal, and there's moisture in there. There's three like that. We had cockraches too, when I moved in. I went down and told the general manager about it, and he said I need to get the food up. I didn't argue with the man any more than that. I had a brother buy special things to plug in, so I can get rid of the cockroaches. We have the same old food about every week you go down there. You look at the menu, and they may say, "Well, you are having a cherry pie." You get your teeth set for cherry pie and then they give you peach pie. We had a special deal here the other night, and they passed out the dessert. I stayed down and waited on the desert, and I came to find out they missed two whole tables. They missed the tables because the servers ran out of pie on the service trays. They went back but did not bring out anything. They said they got plenty of cake back there. They are also talking about throwing food away, but yet they don't come out and say, "Well, we've got more food. Would anybody like any more?" Why not give it to the residents that pay for it instead of throwing it away? It's a good place for someone that doesn't have a lot of money and is pretty independent. They've got stuff here that's called home care, and it's an outside organization. You can pay them so much per day depending on the level of care that you need. The building is about 50 years old. They got wood posts, and they're made out of plywood. You look at them and there's a lot of decay on them. Some of them were replaced and some have got decay. With my back door when you push the screen door, there's a slab of concrete that came up and has risen up, and the door rubs on it.

Hi George, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you are a resident at our community, however, there seem to be some concerns on your end. As an independent senior living community, we are able to provide competitive rates, and our residents do have the option to hire third-party caregivers should they need them. When the pest complaint was reported, we had pest control come out and spray your apartment. Following that incident, we did not have any further complaints. We ask that any pest and maintenance problems are reported to the local team immediately so that they can be addressed in a timely manner. We do offer large portions or second servings for residents who request it, and we do out best to try to eliminate our waste as much as possible. If you would like to discuss your concerns in further detail, please do not hesitate to reach out to the local team. Thank you

June 23, 2021

By Brad

Hartland Hills was a very nice and very clean place. The staff was friendly and helpful. It is certainly one of our short list of options if we decided to move to Lexington. The rooms were also clean. The dining room was nice, and they have transportation with schedules. All of these facilities actually look the same; it always just comes down to the cost and location that's good for the family.

June 23, 2021

By Sylvia P.

I am very happy here at Hartland Hills. The food and the people that are working here are nice and very kind. Anything that I need, all I have to do is ask. They may not provide it, but at least they will give me an honest answer if I ask a question. The food is wonderful. I like my room very much. I'm very happy with the people living here. They're very friendly. and they have been very good to me. The place is clean, my apartment is just perfect, and the grounds here are lovely. I'm very glad to be here.

May 25, 2021

By Alan

We visited Hartland Hills for my mother-in-law, and they have a very pleasant staff. The food, the physical layout, and the community were excellent. The staff were very, very accommodating and caring. We actually saw that all the staff knew the people there by their first name, and so it is nice. We had lunch there, and it was excellent. All the common spaces were absolutely excellent. They had a kitchenette instead of a full kitchen, and that's really what my parents were looking for. It is in a community close to a grocery store, there was actually a neighborhood close by where they can walk, and the grounds are very nice.

March 22, 2021

By C.W.

My mother moved into the Hartland Hills. Hartland Hills, they've been excellent. The people, the food, the director, and a lady named Christa, they've all been helpful. She has a one-bedroom unit, you walk in, there's a little kitchenette on the side with a refrigerator and sink, and then on the other side a living room. You go into a door into a bedroom, and there's a bathroom off the bedroom. It was a unit that they had remodelled some, that was good because they painted everywhere, but they didn't clean up exactly on the floor, so we contacted them, and they sent a cleaning crew and they cleaned it. This was the day before she moved. They were really helpful, my mom enjoyed the food, and the next day while we were organizing her they actually provided me and another lady that was helping her move with a couple of meals while we were there. I know they have an activity director, and I've seen them do some things, bingo, and some other games, and my mom said she went down after dinner yesterday to some kind of Valentine's Day. They enjoyed it on Valentine's Day, and they did it again. They had a little party, she went and enjoyed it. Everything has been good with her.

February 18, 2021

By William

My daughter and I visited Hartland Hills at Tanbark Road. It was a nice place, and they were very friendly there. I think it's fairly reasonable. They sent me home with lunch, and it was good. The apartments were adequate. I live alone, so I don't need a whole lot of space. They're probably as much as I need. They showed me several different units. They're clean and well lighted. I met a lot of people there.

January 18, 2021

By Dean

My husband was a resident of Hartland Hills. It's a wonderful place. The staff is awesome, everybody is helpful, and they want him to come back. The food was fine, he enjoyed it, the place is clean, and the people were friendly. They did everything for you, they'd clean your room, and take your trash out once a week. The rooms were huge, it fit the need, but my husband needed more help. They had like a back porch, and it looked over trees like a park. They've got a barber shop, too. Your meals are served more like a restaurant, you have choices from different menus, and if you can't go down to eat, they bring it to the people because of the COVID, so they keep them separated, and all your utilities were taken care of. There's everything and anything that you would want to do, like pool tables, video games, and they had exercise programs. In the summer time you can garden, and once or twice a week go to Walmart, other days they would go on different little mini adventures, and they would provide transportation to your doctor and back home, and if you have to go to the airport they'd take you and pick you up. That's nice.

July 04, 2020

By Willie

My experience with Hartland Hills has been fine. They have the usual amenities, but we're not doing anything now because of the virus. The staff is great, and the food is good.

June 09, 2020

By Sue

Hartland Hills is a very nice place. It is clean but it is a smaller area than I want to be in. The staff members were very nice. I had eaten there before and the food was good. I only live about a block from there, so I have real friends there. They have plenty of activities and they have always been very helpful and very nice; however, it doesn't fit my need.

Hi Sue, thank you for your review. While our community may not be a good fit for your needs, we greatly appreciate your kind words!

October 05, 2019

By Don Firsdon

We've visited Hartland Hills a couple of times, and we like the place. We like the people there, things are organized, and everything seemed to point to a place where we'd like to live. The staff is quite good. We went to see two rooms briefly, and they were like regular one-bedrooms. They had private bathrooms, small kitchens, and so on. Enough to help you get by. They serve all three meals for one monthly price included in your rent. The food was tasty, but it was not a lot of food; there could be more food.

March 15, 2019

By Jo

This facility has lots of activities for my mom to choose from. The staff is very caring and helpful. I feel confident that she is in a safe environment. The food is good with lots of variety. I would highly recommend this retirement home.

December 25, 2018

By Betty

My mother loves this facility and is preparing to move in this coming January. All our questions were answered by Ashlee and we were able to have a meal in the dining room during our tour. Also we witnessed Christmas music in the lobby which was a lot of fun. The staff members were very friendly and helpful. I feel that Mom will be in a safe, fun environment.

November 09, 2018

I'm a resident of Lexington Senior Living at Hartland Hills and it's very good. It has all the basic amenities, they have a bus that takes you places, and a dining room. They have small apartments, but they also have large apartments as well as efficiency apartments, and I have a 1-bedroom. The staff works for the corporation, not for us. Sometimes the food is OK, but sometimes it's not. They do quite a few activities, and the other residents seem quite happy with it.

July 29, 2018

By Frankie

When I visited Hartland Hills, I found the people there to be very courteous and helpful. The apartments were very nice and the largest in any places I have seen. The dining area was very nice, and people I know who live there say the food is very good. I was impressed by the fact that their staff has been there for a long time and don't have a big turn over, which is a big plus. The facility has been there a while but it's taken care of and nicely maintained.

January 30, 2018

By Mary

My visit at Hartland Hills was very pleasant and informative, but it's just not for me right now. The director gave me a walkthrough, she answered questions, and provided a lot of information about the place and the amenities. The dining environment is also nice, and the residents seem to enjoy the food. They have an option to use the bistro if they choose not to eat in the dining room. My visit was not a waste of time because of all the information they gave me. The place is very clean and I felt like the patrons were very happy and cared for. I didn't see any problems with them.

Mary, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Hartland Hills! We are glad to hear your tour was very helpful and that you were impressed with our amenities and services. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

August 21, 2017

By Annegret

I visited Hartland Hills, and I felt a little pressure from the gentleman that was in charge there. The quarters were OK, and the grounds seemed fairly nice. The room that I was shown was very nice although the kitchen was practically not there except for where you can get some water out of a faucet, but that's about it. The dining area was nice. The facility looked clean enough.

March 06, 2017

By Gina621700

Hartland Hills was my favorite all around. They met us at the door and were very caring. The director was super sweet and has called me several times. The dining room looked very clean, and the rooms were nice. It’s the total package.

February 26, 2017

By Kenneth825608

Anything in Hartland Hills is top notch. I just toured the outside of the facility, and it was beautiful. The only thing is I don’t know if I can afford it. They have always been very nice. They have a weight room and an exercise room.

November 21, 2016

By Linda545040

The rooms at Hartland Hills were old-fashioned looking, but they were fine. I know they had a medical office and a library there. There is ample parking. We ate there. To be honest, I wasn’t impressed with the food.

November 13, 2016

By Carrie322731

Hartland Hills has a lot of different floor plans to choose from. I have eaten lunch there, and the dining room was very nice. The staff serves you at the table and takes your order there. Everybody is given the same menu, and they have the general across-the-board meal that everybody can choose. If you don't like it, they have another menu with two options, but you don't really need that many options. The food was good, and the residents said breakfast and lunch are the best. Everybody has been very helpful there. They could probably update their washer and dryers to be more accommodating for elderly people because I had a hard time with it. I guess it was not something I was used to. Their elevators run like a snail, too. As far as maintenance goes, if you wanted help, they were there immediately.

September 29, 2016

By FD685802

The staff at Hartland Hills was OK. As far as the walk-through goes, it looked to be OK. The room was not really big but not really small. They do provide 3 meals a day. I didn’t see any activities. I couldn’t see whether those took place there. We didn’t walk through every part of it.

September 09, 2016

By Mike431878

My mom liked Hartland Hills, so we took it. It's a nice, clean community. It seems to be very well-run. The staff is very nice. I tried one meal, and I wouldn't recommend the food, but my mom doesn't seem to mind it.

May 10, 2016

By CarleDRQYM

Hartland Hills was very nice and well lit. The staff was very cordial. The atmosphere was great. The facilities were very nice. The old people seemed to be in a great frame of mind and happy. The manager that showed me around was very nice. Everybody was nice. They took residents out to town on occasion.

March 08, 2016

By Visitor120993750

I didn't like Hartland Hills. It's very smokey inside because they allow smokers. The staff was professional. There were activities. It was clean, but the rooms were really dated, badly in need of upgrading, and not big. The carpets weren't in good shape. I didn't feel like my mother would get good value for her money there.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. First, thank you for taking the time to leave a sincere review. It's feedback like this that helps us provide a better lifestyle for seniors, so thank you. I've forwarded your feedback onto our Resident Relations department for their review. Thanks again, Katie

October 27, 2015

I visited Hartland Hills. I looked at a rental unit that was about the same as with the other facility, but it costs a little bit more per month. I like it, but not enough to move. I think there need to be more rental units available to people on a limited income.

July 31, 2015

By Cathy109883550

I really liked Hartland Hills. It looked fresh and new; it looked like it had just been painted, and the people were very friendly. They had a little bit more open space.

May 06, 2015

I toured Hartland Hills. It was a nice place. It was clean and seemed to be orderly; the person giving the tour was friendly. According to what they told us, they do have personnel on site. They will assist you in whatever they can. If it seems to be too much for them, they will either make a decision whether to call the family or call 911. They have somebody come to help. They don’t have any stoves, but there is a small sink and a small refrigerator.

March 27, 2015

By Jamie Leigh

We are moving grandma to Hartland Hills. She got to choose a 1-bedroom, brand new apartment. They provide three meals a day. Her apartment has kitchenette, no stove, which is a big thing that she didn't need to have. They do the housekeeping weekly and linen weekly. They wash her linen and her clothes at their laundry facility on all the floors. Grandma has taken her two kitty cats with her. They actually waived the move in fee. The food is very good. and it was a lot better than anything I loved. They have at least six to eight activities every day. They also take them to Wal-Mart with the scheduled shopping and to her scheduled doctor's appointments. They provide the transportation there. They have a beauty parlor so she can get her hair done.

April 22, 2014

By Ronda3

Everything was fine at Hartland Hills. The facility, including the grounds, is very well kept. I like the facility's location, and I also like the layout of the facility. The staff was very helpful, and they continue to be helpful and follow up with us. I was very impressed with the facility. They have a very nice dining facility. They have a monthly calendar where they list all the activities, and they told me that if there is something that they want to do and it is not available, they will make it available for them, and so I was pretty impressed with that too.

February 24, 2014

By Else1

I loved Hartland, it felt homey and comfortable. I liked that it was all in one building. It was 3 floors and there was a library on the second floor and a community room on the third floor. You don’t have to go outside anymore. It was also a small place. The staff was very nice and seemed to know everybody by their first names. The rooms were fine and I was able to look at the one bedroom type. We had lunch and the food was very good. They also had a nursing service. They had transportation to various places and they had workout activities.

May 25, 2013

By Karen42

Hartland Hills was a two-level facility. Both levels had small living areas where you could watch television or play pool. We thought that if we put her there she would not be able to go out of her room. It was a very nice place but they did not have a dementia unit.

August 21, 2012

By Susan 1

My mother's been there since April of this year. It's a totally independent facility, but they have caregivers on site. Medicare/Medicaid pays for them. There's a nurse and physical therapist that comes to her room. They have pull cords in the room so if she's in trouble, somebody would come and check on her. If they don't see her within a period or a day, they'll go check on her. It's a very nice area, but it's 25 minutes away from me, so I'm trying to find a place that's closer. The staff is very nice. They keep things dusted and vacuumed. They've got 3 meals a day, an open and airy place with windows, and a flowers house. She just had some issues adjusting to being there because at 86 she's a very independent lady.

Questions about Hartland Hills

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Hartland Hills. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Hartland Hills offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Hartland Hills exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Hartland Hills offer to independent living residents?

If Hartland Hills accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Hartland Hills work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Hartland Hills

Photos of Hartland Hills

Services and Amenities of Hartland Hills

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Hartland Hills

Hartland Hills is located in Lexington, KY, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Hartland Hills for a visit...and stay!

Map of Hartland Hills