BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect

Reviews of BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect

Assisted Living Reviews for BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect

September 06, 2017

By Joanne

My mother has been with Beehive Homes of Goshen for over a year now. She had previously lived in a large skilled nursing facility. The switch to Beehive was like "coming home". The facility is small, comfortable and welcoming. Her room is like a bedroom in a personal residence, a place she can call home. The large common area - living room, kitchen, and dining - encourages residents to socialize, be involved and connect with their "neighbors". There are many activity and event options for the residents. The staff is professional, friendly, and willing to assist residents as needed. My mother has fallen several times, and I have been very impressed with the staff's calmness and efficiency in handling the situation. The Beehive Homes approach to senior living is absolutely the best I've seen. Love it!

Thank you for your kind words Joanne and we are very pleased that you and your mom are happy with us. We strive each day to provide the best care possible.

September 06, 2017

By KH

Lovely facility with caring and attentive staff.

September 02, 2017

By Sandy Smiley

Making a smooth transition for my aging parents was key. Eric and the staff were amazing at making them feel right at home. Because of the small number of residents, my parents get more attention to detail and their personal needs. The love and support offered here is a blessing. Our family is very thankful our parents are so happy living in their new home almost three years in April!

December 08, 2016

By MichelleKay5ave

This facility is more like a home setting than other facility I visited. Staff is great and interact with residents on a daily basis. Food is home cooked and residents can special request meals. Facility is clean & views are breathtaking. It feels like home.

June 30, 2014

By Barbara95233150

The girls that work here are all wonderful and take such good care of me. It's like having a dozen extra grandaughters! We all laugh a lot and have such a good time. They would do anything for me. It is lovely and comfortable here.

June 19, 2014

By Kendall Kelly

My grandma is a resident and when I went to visit her the people were so friendly and inviting. I love how open the space is. The residents were playing cards and having a great time. I would highly recommend this place.

June 19, 2014

By Ashton2

I was worried when my Grandma was moved to an assisted living home, so I came out from california to visit her. It was so nice and she was having such a good time that I wish I could live there too! I am happy going home knowing that she is being well cared for.

June 17, 2014

By Shelly6

Everyone at the Beehive is so nice and very attentive to all of the residents. I don't have to worry about my mom anymore as there is always someone there if she needs help. They take such good care of her!

May 12, 2014

By Doug12

I'm so glad we found the Beehive of Goshen for my mom. The small and homey atmosphere is so different from any other place we looked at. She is making new friends and we are very pleased with everything.

May 12, 2014

By Kim92060750

Beehive is a smaller assisted living residency compared to the larger facilities. My mother has flourished in this family type setting. All the employees are caring. They provide high quality of care. I highly recommend this facility.

Questions about BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Residents love to gather for our home cooked meals. Several play games at different times of the day and love to sit on the front porch or back patio. The average age is 85.

What programs or activities does BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Weekly YMCA senior fitness program, outside entertainment, personalized activities for individuals and group activities, trivia, games, Bee Bucks program to encourage participation in movement games.

What places are near BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are in a quiet, rural area. There is a walking path around the outside of our home and inside. You can earn Bee Bucks for walking and shop at our Bee Boutique with the Bee Bucks you've earned.

What transportation services does BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation to doctor visits needs to be scheduled in advance, with no costs. Outside transportation is available for a small fee. The Tri-County Senior Center bus picks up residents for an outing to the senior center as well as impromptu outings to get ice cream, the Dollar Store, a thrift store, Kroger/Walgreens, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer a variety of delicious home-cooked meals using fresh ingredients. We have a Chef who lovingly prepares meals that the residents enjoy eating. She knows everyone's likes, dislikes, allergies and more. If there is beef on the menu for that day but knows someone never eats beef, she will make something else for that resident.

What safety features or security measures does BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect offer to assisted living residents?

Residents are provided a call button to wear around their neck, a pull cord in every bathroom as well as safety bars to help get in and out of shower, etc. The showers have a built-in seat. We are so small it is easy to keep a watchful eye.

How does BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We send out monthly emails informing families of what's been happening. We have a Facebook page we keep updated as well as text photos or messages as needed or desired. Should a more urgent need arise we call a family member right away.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have a GREAT staff to resident ratio, 1 caregiver to 5/6 residents. There are typically 3 staff members during the daytime until dinner, then 2, then 1 on overnight shift. That doesn't even include the Owner, Manager, Resident Relations Coordinator or our Chef who are here often times during the day and some evening hours. There are several staff that have been here for a long time, a couple since the first day we opened!

If BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We generally can accept small pets and have a spacious outside area for them to walk around and explore. However, pets must stay in the resident's room and resident must be able to take care of it.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have annual training through our franchise and our staff is required per state regulations to take continuing education courses in a variety of areas dealing with the elderly.

What safety features or security measures does BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect provide to protect residents who wander?

As we are a small home we are able to keep watch on where residents are, as well as an hourly check sheet.

Costs for BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect

Photos of BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect

Services and Amenities of BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect

• Fee Structure Extra: Community Fee Is $1000

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: 1 Bedroom

• State Licenses: 20140609303

About BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect

facebook.com

Locally owned, Beehive Homes of Goshen/Prospect provides the perfect balance of exceptional care and gracious living. Our residents enjoy engaging daily activities, chef prepared gourmet, home-cooked meals, and the camaraderie of fellow residents and staff. Our low caregiver to residents ratio - 1:5/6, ensures that quality care is offered to each individual, giving the feeling like a family member is just around the corner at all times.

• One-Bedroom Suite, One-Bedroom Apartment Options
  • All Inclusive Pricing
  • No Long Hallways
  • Cable, WiFi Included
  • Bee Boutique
  • Modified Diets
  • In-room dining available
  • Parking for residents and families
  • Medication Reminders
  • Bingo
  • Bridge Club
  • Events with North Oldam Campus Student Volunteers
  • My Memories Album
  • Visiting Nurse Practitioner, OT, PT Available, PT, OT, Speech, Mental Health Counseling, Podiatrist, Home Health, X-rays, lab work, etc. are brought in
  • Scheduled Resident Transportation
  • Small Pets Considered

Beehive at Goshen/Prospect blends the comfort of home with exceptional personal care. The longevity of our staff speaks to our level of commitment to our residents and the exceptional care we provide.

Map of BeeHive Homes of Goshen/Prospect