Grasslands Estates

Reviews of Grasslands Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Grasslands Estates

September 29, 2020

By Considering no proper PPE or social distancing

It was felt the place is going downhill, staff don't wear mask properly nor do they disinfectant the building. My chair had jello on it for days before it got cleaned. Housekeeping barely clean your room, and they complain about their job duties. Activities their is no social distancing, all she cares about is throwing us all together at once. I feel unsafe when I'm near a residents who aren't wearing mask, this wasn't a problem couple months ago. Don't understand why these rules aren't not inforced anymore.

August 25, 2020

By fromer Resident

All She is concerned with is getting as much money from the elderly as quickly as possible. They will tell you anything you want to hear when you tour. Then as soon as you have signed and paid them including the non refundable community fee she doesn't comunícate with them.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We regret to hear that you feel this way, and would like the opportunity to speak with you further to get more details regarding your concerns. We take these types of complaints very seriously, and would like to see how we can improve. Please contact the local team directly to discuss further. Thank you

August 24, 2020

By smelled like smoke

Building needs to be updated, and was also dusty. The room they showed us, was very average nothing big. Felt pretty small for price, the room we ate lunch in smelled like cigarettes. Food was average, I will say the roll was pretty good. Staff was considering due to the housekeeper wasn't wearing mask.

Hello, thank you for your review. We regret to hear that we were not the perfect fit for you at this time. If circumstances change and all-inclusive senior living is right for you, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you

October 07, 2019

By Chris

Grasslands Estates was a great place, but my mother couldn't afford it. The staff during the tour was amazing. It was a good experience. They showed me their apartments. They have all kinds of activities, a full kitchen, and a library.

April 17, 2019

By AS

Grasslands Estates was excellent. The rooms were nice. The staff who assisted us was very hospitable, very polite, and very knowledgeable. They had a calendar of activities. It's a clean facility.

February 06, 2019

By Linette

No kitchens in apartments.

Hi Linette, thank you for taking the time to review our community. While our apartments do offer kitchenettes and not full kitchens, our all-inclusive community offers 3 meals a day for our residents. We hope for the opportunity to see you again! Thank you

September 24, 2018

By Kaye

Grasslands Estates was wonderful and we really liked it. The rooms were a nice size and big enough for a queen-sized bed. The dining area is very nice. We had a nice dinner which was really good and we really enjoyed the company of people we were seated with. It looked like it was very complete and they had lots of activities. They have a chef who gives you the menus. It was really impressive and would be a really nice place to live.

August 29, 2018

By Matthew

The food at Grasslands Estates is good, and I would rate it a 5. I would rate the staff a 5, except for the manager and assistant manager, which I would rate a 3 because they're problematic and should never have been hired together. Aside from dealing with those two management employees, the living atmosphere in this community is beautiful. There's no basement, so if there's a tornado the best you can do is get on the stairwell and pray. The rooms are very up-to-date and nice, but slightly small and the refrigerators are small. They have a better, broader range of activities, like every week they have a fellow bring us to the movies.

June 29, 2018

By Deborah

Grasslands Estates was very nice. Its location was fine if you live out there. The staff was very nice. The rooms were all very nice and clean. The dining room looked like any restaurant dining room. They had some painting activity going on. They had a reading room and an exercise area. However, they didn't have a swimming pool.

January 13, 2018

By Steve

The service at Grasslands Estates was wonderful, but it was not the right fit for us because Mom needs memory care right now. The layout of the place was very nice and accommodating. The staff was very informative.

May 30, 2017

By cheryl227160

Grasslands Estates was a great place. I would move in there myself. The rooms were small but adequate and well kept. Grasslands was the best. Everything about it was wonderful. They had an exercise room and lots of little gathering areas. It was a nice, homey place. They had the dining hall and a big living room.

May 08, 2017

By Colette027188

Grasslands Estates was very nice. The 1-bedroom apartment was a good size. They had a dining room, theaters, and a non-alcoholic bar. There was assigned seating in the dining room. The staff was all very nice and very cooperative. The community was clean and orderly.

January 03, 2017

By P.S.442367

Grasslands Estates was very nice. The person there was knowledgeable and let me know everything upfront. I enjoyed it and was impressed. They had a library, a beauty shop, and a formal, fancy dining room area. It looked like a plantation house from the outside, and it's two stories. The dining room goes clear up to the ceiling on the second floor.

January 02, 2017

By Mary817416

Grasslands was the cheapest I visited but still too expensive. They had different-sized rooms to choose from and was a very nice place. The staff was really nice and friendly.

December 27, 2016

By Superwoman041054

I visited Grasslands Estates. I liked that they had meals. The whole community was very clean and very nice. The dining area was very nice.

November 21, 2016

By Roger586231

We really liked Grasslands Estates, but it was more for independent parents than what my wife needs. It was friendly, and the people were really nice. They explained everything and answered all our questions. It was clean, and the rooms were nice. I got to eat, and the food was good. It was prepared by their chef, it was what we ordered, and it was done perfectly.

October 11, 2016

By Connie720043

We went to visit Grasslands Estates. We stayed there for two nights. It was not good. The apartments were very bad. It was during March, and the wind was blowing. The windows were rattling, and it howled all night long. Grasslands Estates is very old. It hasn’t been updated. The food was good. We enjoyed the food. The staff they had was very nice. They were good. They’re very friendly. The facility was very old and very much needed to be upgraded.

Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Connie720043. We appreciate your feedback and were so delighted to hear you found our staff was nice and friendly, Although the building itself may not be a draw for you, we think you'll find people there that makes this the community you can't judge by the cover alone. Let us know if you ever change your mind, we can send an invite for you to join us for an activity - we would love to have you over and see you again!

September 30, 2016

By Jean705335

I really liked Grasslands Estates, but I thought the cheaper rooms were a little small. It's a really nice facility, and the people seemed really nice. The staff are very nice people, and they were great and gave me a tour. The dining room was beautiful. They had a few activities going on while I was there. It's very nice and well-priced.

August 12, 2016

By Roger457753

The studio apartment at Grasslands Estates was too small for us. They were playing bingo when we were there. The food and dessert were good. The staff was very nice and knowledgeable. She showed us the amenities, laundry room, library, pool tables, and everything like that.

July 21, 2016

By Connie39

We really liked Grasslands Estates. It was really nice and really friendly. For one person, the apartments are fine, but for two people, they're a little small. They accept pets, and their food was great. The director who showed us around was really friendly, and a lot of the residents were friendly. The place is super clean. They have a library, a room where you can knit and do puzzles, a place where you can watch movies, a chapel, an exercise room, and a beauty salon.

July 01, 2016

I looked at Grasslands Estates. It was very nice, but I have absolutely no interest because the kitchen didn't have a stove and they didn't have options if I need more care. I'd have to pay for home health to come in which is horribly expensive. The activities were not great, but they were adequate. The activities were average but not enough for me to do. The residents I spoke with were very friendly, and the food was OK.

Hello, and thank you for sharing this feedback! We are so happy to hear you found the community to be very nice and with friendly residents. Though we do regret to hear the level of care you may need falls beyond the reach of what independent living can offer, we do want to thank you for considering us, and for taking the time to share your feedback!

June 10, 2016

By David061161

The tour we had at Grasslands Estates was really good. The rooms were very good. Dad is in another facility in Oklahoma owned by the same group, but we will be moving him here in Kansas, so he will be staying in this community. Dad can actually transfer to any of their communities anywhere in the country for free.

May 26, 2016

By Deb345053

I moved my parents into Grasslands. The size of the apartment and the food are very good. The dining room is very nice. Everyone is very pleasant.

May 10, 2016

By Anita39

We toured Grasslands Estates. It was a very positive experience. The staff was very helpful, nice, and willing to talk and had suggestions for things that might work. The grounds and facility were set up great. I was impressed that the residents had a balcony-style area. It was pretty good in the way it was laid out. I thought it seemed like the kitchen and dining area was a little far away, but everything else was fine. I think the main thing for improvement was the distance between the living quarters down to the main gathering area.

November 30, 2015

By Sue116385350

I found Grasslands Estates very nice, well-organized, and clean. The staff was very helpful there as well. The dining room looked very nice.

October 23, 2015

I’ve been in Grasslands Estates for about two and a half months now. The staff is good. I’m in a one-bedroom apartment that's a good size, and they clean it once a week. They cafeteria serves good food.

July 20, 2015

Grasslands Estates had a lot of activities, and they had a very nice cafeteria. I thought the rooms were a little small, but they were very nice. One thing I did not like about it was the rooms did not have a stove.

July 14, 2015

I visited Grasslands Estates. I did not think they had a two-bedroom and two-bathroom facility. They take residents shopping and to doctor’s appointments. It was a very nice facility. It was brand new, and it was very clean. It seemed secure.

July 31, 2014

Grasslands looked adequate but it has been a little while, things were showing their wear and tear and that looked depressing. The lady that showed me around was very helpful and kind. The people there were friendly. It looked like they had some nice programs to keep people interested. You got your total package of meals and they take care of your repairs. They’ve got recreation rooms, a place for movies and Sunday services. They’ve got people who were close to my age and the residents seemed to be enjoying their stay.

June 30, 2014

By Jeff C

My parents moved in at Grasslands Estates. It’s in a nice area. Their room is about 1100 square feet. They enjoy dancing and visiting with other people. The food is good.

September 02, 2013

By Duke49

This facility mis represents many things. Many quality items have decressed the last 3 years. Rent is automatically requested to increase about 6% per year. The Cheif prepared meals is possibly a Baker. The many free quality activities are mostly resident accomplished and bingo is provided 2 times a week at a charge. There is wee bowling which is 3 or 4 people and no staff, exercises that a lot of the time is led by a resident, card and board games which consist of guess just getting to gether them selves to play and occasional a performer will come in for an hour. The fine meals are questionable with usually the larger at lunch and sandwiches or such for dinner. Rent is charged at ful price each month but if for some reason, yours or the facilities you are off property for extended time or deprived of services as advertised there is no reinversement. Think twice about this facility and do not expect to see the nice lady or Gent that shows you the facility at open house. She dissapears after signing the contract.

Hello, we are sad to see you were not pleased with Grasslands Estates in the past. Over the years we have improved our services by switching our management model. Please reach out if you have any questions!

March 22, 2012

By drgonzo

My mother lived at Grasslands for six years after moving from her own house. Mom truly felt at home at Grasslands. It was nearly new when she moved in ten years ago, and the property was always maintained well. The spacious dining hall serves three meals daily, with attention to nutrition and flavor. The residents make a social occasion of every meal. There is a variety of apartments sizes, from studios to two-bedroom units, all with kitchettes. Grasslands has live-in managers who mix with the residents routinely, even serving the buffet breakfast on Sunday. Managers tend to rotate to other facilities in the Holday group on approximately a yearly basis, but we found almost all of them to be genuinely cheerful and helpful. Mom had a number of friends at Grasslands, with card games a favorite. The facility had a bus and provided transportation for shopping, doctor's appointments, and frequent fun outings. My mother only left Grasslands because her health failed.

January 17, 2012

By wachinout4u

Other

Upscale independent living community on the west side of town. Lovely and safe area near shopping, restaurants, medical and transportation. Many ammenities on site and available as needed. Monthly rent includes three chef-prepared meals per day. Grounds are well kept and great for walking and socializing. Good calendar of activities and features of interest like blood pressure check clinics. Free laundry facilities on every level. This is a good choice!

Questions about Grasslands Estates

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Grasslands Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Grasslands Estates offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Grasslands Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Grasslands Estates offer to independent living residents?

If Grasslands Estates accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Grasslands Estates work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Grasslands Estates

Photos of Grasslands Estates

Services and Amenities of Grasslands Estates

• Independent Living Starting At: $1960/month

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Grasslands Estates

Grasslands Estates is located in Wichita, KS, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Grasslands Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Grasslands Estates