Chaucer Estates

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

10550 East 21st Street North, Wichita, KS 67206
Chaucer Estates (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Chaucer Estates

Assisted Living Reviews for Chaucer Estates

March 30, 2017

By Jeff W827878

Chaucer Estates was very nice, clean, and upscale. The people were very friendly and helpful, and the rooms were very nice. There was nothing wrong with the property at all. I saw a 1-bedroom and a studio, and both of them were very nicely laid out with plenty of room.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit!

January 02, 2017

By Mary655487

The tour at Chaucer Estates was fine, but it’s the most expensive place I went to and had the smallest rooms.

Thank you for visiting our community! We were glad to learn you enjoyed the tour, and would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about what we could have done to make it a five-star experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our directors at our community phone number. Thanks again for your time!

November 23, 2016

By Patty027128

Chaucer Estates was nice and very clean. They did puzzles. They had a library, and they had movies. They showed me an apartment with two bedrooms and two baths. It was a little small. The staff was good and informative. They had a vehicle that would take you to doctor's appointments.

November 08, 2016

By Leti L.

Chaucer Estates was wonderful, and my mother-in-law actually was in assisted living there. The thing that was lacking was there wasn't a surrounded secure outdoor area. They did have a swimming pool. The people were kind, and the rooms were nice, new, and spacious. There just wasn't any provision for being outdoors in a secure place.

October 20, 2016

By Catherine505170

Initially, I liked Chaucer Estates. They were friendly and very welcoming to me, and I moved my mom in, and I didn't get the same vibe for my mom. For 3 days, she was very overwhelmed by the amount of people that were in the dining hall. Then I get a phone call, and they decided to put her in memory care. Two months earlier, she had been living by herself independently, so I kind of panicked that she went from independent living to lockdown, where she can't go outside and do walks. I just felt like that they didn't take the time to get to know her and make her feel comfortable in this situation. They need to improve on personal relationship with clients. The food has not won her over, but she has not turned down a meal, so I would just say the food is probably average. My mom's room is adequate. The problem I have with them is it doesn't matter what time of day I go to visit, but she's always by herself in her room watching TV and that's it no matter what time of day I go.

We were glad to learn you felt welcomed at Chaucer Estates, and apologize for any confusion. Our residents' care is our number one priority, and we would appreciate the opportunity to hear any further input or answer any questions you may have. Please reach out to our Executive Director, Joseph, at our community line should you have any additional comments. Thank you for your time.

October 14, 2016

By Merlyn342146

We like Chaucer Estates. It was more expensive though. It differed in the fact that it had a separate Alzheimer’s facility that is part of the assisted living. It’s behind a secure door, and if the residents behave themselves, they’re allowed to go out into the assisted living area that had a really nice dining room and other things going on. They got a swimming pool for one thing. They seemed to have entertainment type activities, where people come in and entertain them.

September 30, 2016

By Lourdes083411

Chaucer Estates was the one that I liked the most. It’s closer to my house. I saw how everybody was treated. The place is so clean and organized. The management was very nice and very caring. The rooms that I observed were very nice. The staff was very informative, attentive, caring, and friendly. It was warmer and more caring, and it has bilingual staff that was appealing to me as well.

September 30, 2015

Our favorite one was Chaucer. It was nice. We got to visit the staff and tour the rooms, and this was the one that they wanted to go into. The rooms were nicer than other facilities. They were a little larger and had their own kitchenette in them for assisted living people. I liked their food and the dining facility; it felt more like a big restaurant. They actually had an indoor swimming pool where they could do water aerobics, so it wasn’t open for them to just swim in. They could do some classes there; it was really nice. They also would allow my parents to keep their little dogs with them.

June 15, 2015

By Lorie7

I put my parents into Chaucer Estates for two weeks. We came down to like two or three of them, and when the time actually came, and it needed to happen that day, they were able to make it happen. They also knew that it was probably be only for two weeks. They were great. Maybe they should have better access for the clients to get coffee and things like that.

June 19, 2013

By Phyllis10

I went about two years ago to Chaucer Estates and at that time I can't afford the price. It's just a little bit pricy for me. The place is very, very nice. They have two bedrooms, one bedroom, a nice kitchen, and a bath. They have a backyard and the place is really good. They have activities. The staff are very nice.

January 11, 2012

By wachinout4u

Other

This is a rather upscale assisted living campus located in northeast wichita. The units are spacious and well maintained, as are the grounds of this facility. There is a long laundry list of services and ammenities available. This is nice, but staffing tends to be lean. Feels a little isolated to me. Don't get me wrong, needs are met from alzheimer's care to medication administration, but I don't feel that sense of community here like you do in some of the assisted living campuses. Nice that you can have a small pet.

Independent Living Reviews for Chaucer Estates

May 31, 2017

By stan511047

I like Chaucer Estates. Some members of the staff care for the residents, but some do not. I like the ones that care for the people because they're not just there for the money; they're there for the care. The food is excellent. I would say 80% of the employees keep the place up and keep it running smooth. The dining area is clean, and they have a good cook. I would give the memory care a rating of 1.5 because they keep it closed up, and the whole place smelled. But the other part of the place, I would give it a 4 because everything they have there is OK.

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! We appreciate your input and we’re sorry to hear that your experience at Chaucer Estates did not live up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we make this right, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

December 10, 2015

By TS3

They are very friendly and helpful at Chaucer Estates. The staff is very good and treat my brother very well. He is very happy there. His room is excellent. He likes the food and is getting in a lot of social interactions. When I talked to the business manager, they were very understanding of our situation and willing to accommodate me so that we can get things done.

October 27, 2015

I know someone who lives in Chaucer Estates, so I have been in her apartment and really liked it. They were good-sized rooms and had a view. One thing they had that I liked was a swimming pool where you could do rehab over in a different area. Maybe the disadvantage was you had to walk outside to go into a different building for your meals, and in the wintertime that could be harder. But they watch out for you and clean it all off, so it is safe. Still, you are going outside a little bit. I did like that it was more like separate apartments, and they were very nice. They had a little porch out front where you could sit outside. One thing that was about Chaucer was they had covered parking, and you didn't have quite so far to walk. You could park right in front of your building, so that was nice.

Memory Care Reviews for Chaucer Estates

Costs for Chaucer Estates

Photos of Chaucer Estates

Services and Amenities of Chaucer Estates

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

• Pool
  • Features Extra: Chapel, W/D In Apt.

• Staff Patient Ratio: 10:1 Al And 4:1 Special Care
  • Pets: Yes

• Licenses: Adult Care Home
  • State Licenses: N087048

About Chaucer Estates

Senior assisted living at Chaucer Estates offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Chaucer Estates, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Wichita has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Chaucer Estates, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Map of Chaucer Estates