Thornton Place

Reviews of Thornton Place

Independent Living Reviews for Thornton Place

August 09, 2018

By Helen

While Thornton Place is a nice place, it is not where my sister-in-law wants to be. Nevertheless, the tour was fine. The staff member was polite and friendly. She was wonderful. The rooms were on the smaller side, but they were all nice. Thornton Place is a larger community with more people, but not as many facilities. The meal was good. They offered us popcorn and sodas. They did everything they could to make us feel welcome. They have a craft area and a fitness center. There are puzzles and music. It looked to me like it was very interactive. I saw people working on puzzles and people playing cards. The community was involved. There were a few very elderly people sitting in their wheelchairs just watching things going on around them, but that's normal. As you get older, you like just sitting and watching. It looked like everybody was OK there. The staff was great. Everything was clean.

Hi Helen, it's great to hear you enjoyed your visit to Thornton Place. We always want our residents and guests to feel at home in our community. We aim to help older independent people live better through activities, engaging social events, good food, and help with housekeeping and transportation. Thanks for the wonderful feedback. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

February 26, 2018

By ResidentsChildTopeka

My parent has lived at Thornton Place for 4 to 5 years now. Over the last couple of years the food has left much to be desired. They have been through several chefs. Frequently they don't clean their room. They will take out the trash, change the sheets and give clean towels but that is it. The facility itself is nice and her room is fine. They raise the rent every year so if you elect to move in expect the rent to go up approximately 1% every year.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate all feedback we receive and are always looking for ways to improve. Your comments have been shared with our management team. We would like the opportunity to speak with you further. Please reach out to the general manager, Jessie.

August 21, 2017

By Joy

Thornton Place was excellent and wonderful; I would love to live there. The person who gave us the tour was excellent, but it was not what I needed for my family member. There were quite a few social activities going on and opportunities to go on with their bus and go places together. There was a garden where you go out, sit, and enjoy. You could walk around the grounds, and people were playing cards and puzzles. It was a very social place. There were a lot of things going on.

November 17, 2016

By Harriet4

Thornton Place seems to be very nice. They have studios, 1-bedrooms, and 2-bedrooms, they have their own furniture, and the room is comfortable, especially for my brother who doesn't want a big room and a lot of furniture -- so his apartment works out fine. The dining area is great, and the food is adequate. There's very little staff there because it's independent living, but they're very helpful. There's plenty there to do.

January 29, 2016

By Lisa118938750

We visited Thornton Place, and my dad liked it very well. They all seemed very friendly, and it had a relaxed atmosphere. The staff was all nice and helpful. They just seemed to be really welcoming.

January 26, 2016

By Stuart8

My mom has been at Thornton Place for about a decade now. What I like about it is that it's clean, and they have a lot of activities. They have caring staff as well. The rooms are very nice, and they keep them updated. The food is good.

July 28, 2015

By Kathy111170450

Thornton Place was really nasty. The rooms were extra small and not clean. Somebody was calling for help and nobody went. The staff was not really good.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We appreciate you sharing this feedback.

December 17, 2014

By George98912550

My mother-in-law is in Thornton Place in Topeka in the independent living. She is getting close to assisted living. It’s a very clean, very friendly facility, and she is very happy where she is. The apartment is clean and very nice, very light, and spacious.

September 30, 2014

By Steven12

We have visited Thornton Place and it's a beautiful facility. Their rooms were very nice too. Compared to where my parents are right now, Thornton did not serve meals in restaurant style. Even so, we love the place. In fact, we have some relatives living there. However, it is an independent living and does not have a continuing care facility. Given my parents' age, we found it necessary to have a place that offered continuing care programs.

February 24, 2014

By Sarah22

We were looking for a facility and so we visited Thornton Place. The place looks very pleasant and very stylish. The apartments were nice. It was quite roomy with a lot of light and windows. The staff is very nice too and very helpful. They were also very informative. We had lunch there and the food is very good. They gave us some list with the services that are available as well as the activities they offer to the residents. They have good amenities there like they have housekeeping and 24/7 managers. It’s a very safe place.

September 30, 2013

By dolo

My wife and I had looked at Thornton Place and my wife liked the place. The place was clean. The residents there seemed to be satisfied. We had some sample meals and they were good. However, we just couldn't afford to stay there.

Questions about Thornton Place

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Thornton Place. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Thornton Place offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Thornton Place exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Thornton Place offer to independent living residents?

If Thornton Place accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Thornton Place work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Thornton Place

Photos of Thornton Place

Services and Amenities of Thornton Place

• Independent Living Starting At: $2082/month

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Thornton Place

Thornton Place is the perfect place to live for seniors who want a community that provides them with comfort and enjoyment. From housekeeping to on-site maintenance, Thornton Place works hard to make life easier for every resident. Chefs prepare three delicious meals each day, served in the beautiful dining room. The facility provides housekeeping, linen services, fun and stimulating activities, off-site excursions, transportation to personal appointments and a variety of classes and programs.

Map of Thornton Place