Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village

December 28, 2015

By Liz46

My mother was in Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village. The staff was amazing. My mother really bounced back. She’s definitely a success story; she went from being in a coma to walking, talking and laughing with different nurses. I think she was really at home and truly enjoyed her stay. I’m really happy with Brighton Gardens. She’s not there anymore, but it’s a lovely facility.

October 28, 2015

By Judy106945150

During my visit at Brighton Gardens, I was very impressed with them. They had a lot of caring people working there. The residents seemed very happy too. One thing I like is that they allow dogs inside. They had a good activities director as well. The rooms and apartments were very comfortable. They looked very homey too, and did not seem like institutional. The residents had their own furniture in there. I haven't eaten there but the dining room was in good size and very pleasant. I didn't see anything about the place that wasn't stellar.

October 27, 2015

By Caring113204750

We moved my parents to Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village. I like the location. The staff is very nice. So far, I would recommend this community to others. Their rooms are small but nice.

September 30, 2014

By Kimberly11

Brighton Gardens was great. The staff member that we met -- Karen -- made everybody feel comfortable. It was nice walking around the facility with her; she called many of the residents by their names and she did have a good relationship with them. She was able to answer all of our questions. They also gave us a calendar of events.

December 04, 2013

By Dr Scott T

I would like to submit a review of Brighton Gardens, Prairie Village, KS. My Brother, Brant had a brain tumor discovered in April 2010. He had surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation to treat it, and he did very well for about three and a half years. He spent his last couple of months here at Brighton Gardens, and I visited him there as often as I could (I live in Denver). Every time I was there, I was impressed at the level of care this facility provided him, and his family. The staff was always so helpful, and so gentle with him. Any request my sister-in-law had for them was addressed immediately. I have had occasion to be at, and even work at as a dentist, other facilities of this kind of care, and by far, Brighton Gardens continuously exhibited the best kind of care I've ever seen. I am not exaggerating. The one thing that stood out to me the most, was the attitude of the staff members. This is the area of health care that usually disturbs me the most in our current culture, and every time I visited, or left from there, I had a deep sense of assurance that my brother was absolutely in the best place with the best care he could possibly have. I am so thankful for Brighton Gardens, and for all their wonderful staff. They made my brother's last days, and his family as comfortable and as peaceful as humanly possible. I strongly recommend this facility to anyone in need of this level of care. I am convinced that you may not be able to find it anywhere else.

June 28, 2011

By Roberts1980

This facility is run by Sunrise Senior Living, one of two major companies operating senior living facilities in Kansas City. It has a luxury-apartment-style feel, with elegant, decorated interiors, small, activity-oriented vignette spaces and outdoor spaces for residents to garden or enjoy being outside. The facility in general is light, bright, and airy, with beautiful landscaping and a clean, homey interior. All of the residents I met were smiling and engaged with a variety of activities. When I arrived, several were listening, as they do daily, to a reading of a chapter in a novel, and when I left the gentlemen had begun their weekly boxing class (complete with gloves). The residents' rooms are a good size, and the larger suite would probably accommodate two twin beds in one room, allowing the other to be reserved for living space. The staff were all very friendly and laughed and joked with residents easily. It also seems like there are a lot of planned activities for residents, including frequent off-campus trips for shopping or dining. In addition, though, they also have a small, wheelchair-accessible bus that is available to residents at request. Anytime they need to leave campus, all they need to do is request a ride from the bus, whether it be for doctors' appointments or a quick trip to the store for toothpaste, which allows residents more independent mobility throughout the community than may be available at some other facilities. I would certainly recommend this facility to a loved one.

Nursing Home Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village

July 12, 2013

We chose Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village because it is really close to our house and we could see my mom everyday. She has been there since May 24th. The place is okay. It is clean and well-kept. The staff is really nice and very good to my mom on the whole. I love them all. However, I think they have communication issues amongst the staff. Nobody seems to know what is really going on with my mom the shift before and also nobody notices that there is no call light in her room. It has been ripped out and they haven't replaced it yet. It is not a super huge place but at least the nurse in charge should have a better idea of what is going on with the patients. They also need to do some improving in their rehab part of this facility. Once the rehab is over for my mom, nobody over there walk with her. It is part maybe her not feeling good, but when she was feeling better, there was just no extra therapy of any kind from the staff. I just don't see any advancing people and they expect them to do them on their own when they need encouragement. One type of therapy is not enough. My mom has just gotten weaker instead of stronger. They need to make improvement in terms of communication and they could follow through on the rehab part of it.

Photos of Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village

Services and Amenities of Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village

• State Licenses: N046049

About Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village

Located just minutes from the wonderful shops and restaurants of Prairie Village, Kansas, Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village is nestled in a residential setting while remaining in keeping with the history and tradition of an area known for its homelike environment. Our senior housing community offers lush courtyards and parks conveniently situated within walking distance. At Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village, we pride ourselves in our reputation for providing quality assisted living service, Alzheimer's care, and our commitment to dignity. This is evident in our signature annual events such as our Harvest Ball and the Antique Car and Motorcycle Show, the proceeds of which are donated to the Parkinson's Association.

In search of senior living in Kansas? When you choose Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village, you'll discover our beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens, enjoy our fine cuisine, and have the opportunity to join an activity or social group. We have an abundance of ways and the skilled nursing necessary for making your life enjoyable. Here you'll find an assisted living community that's committed to comfort and care, including: tastefully appointed apartment-style living, attractive and spacious community areas, and daily assistance from an attentive, caring, and trained staff. At Brighton Gardens of Omaha, we take care to consider your needs as well as your wishes.

Map of Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village