Greenwood Terrace Lenexa, KS

Reviews of Greenwood Terrace

Independent Living Reviews for Greenwood Terrace

June 25, 2020

By Debbie

My father moved into Greenwood Terrace. I think they're amazing, and they're very good. Right now, they're bringing breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks to the rooms of the residents. They have activities, but my dad is not interested in partaking in them, so I haven't become familiar with everything. The apartment is fine and meets his needs. He's frustrated because it doesn't have a stove of any sort, it's just like a tiny kitchenette, but it's a safe, clean, and friendly place for him to be.

June 25, 2020

By Bill

My mother moved into Greenwood Terrace. The staff is very helpful and courteous, we've had nothing but good experience, and they're doing everything they can to keep the people safe and well. I think they've done a good job with that based on all the information they're sharing with us, and they've been very successful in dealing with their staff and the residents. We're very pleased. The room is nice with lots of lighting, it's an older facility, we have a studio room, and it has enough space for mom. The bathroom is private, separated, she has a sink, and a full-size refrigerator. The rooms are individually cooled and heated. They have basic cable, it's sufficient for mother, she has a little patio on the ground floor, and she can sit there if she wants too. They've had minimal amounts of activities, the dining room has been closed, and we've not been able to visit her. We've been able to share a meal before she moved in. I think they had 4 entree selections. The dining room was nice and spacious, they had staff that came around, and my mother could order beverages. They take them to the table, and they would take the order as they brought the beverages. Everything was served in a seating capacity, so they didn't have to get up and move around. The food was quite delicious. We're looking forward to them getting back open so we can share some meals with her again.

January 07, 2020

By Reviewer1620

Greenwood Terrace is very nice and clean. They take care of my friend, and she hasn't had any complaints to me. They seem to do a fine job. It looks new, and the residents who are out of their rooms are active. They have games, movies, and Bingo. The staff members all seem very pleasant and friendly. Someone comes in every week, cleans her room and changes her bed. She says they're really nice people.

Hello, thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on our community and how much your friend is enjoying her experience here with us at Greenwood Terrace!

July 02, 2019

By Mike

I toured Greenwood Terrace and my experience was just medium on everything. The dining was the part I didn't like the most. It just looked kind of dingy and not as good as the other placed I had visited. The tour itself was OK, it just didn't strike me as a place where I want to live. The person who assisted us during the tour was OK, just not impressive. They seemed to have the normal types of activities like rooms for art, trips around the area, and shopping trips. Maybe they hadn't remodeled in a while. It just wasn't kept as neat as the other places I visited. There seemed to be adequate parking and it was close by.

Hi Mike, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. While Greenwood Terrace may have not been the right fit for you at this time, we appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback. We hope for the opportunity to see you again, our team would be happy to work with you. Thank you

January 13, 2019

By Visitor1234

I'm pretty impressed with Greenwood Terrace, the people, and the facility. It didn’t look like there was much covered parking there, though. The rooms all had openings to get out to get fresh air, and I was impressed with that. I was impressed with the dining area and everybody sits down at the same time. They also had a room which you can rent if somebody comes to visit you and you can eat right there which was also impressive.

April 30, 2018

By Self0418

I like my apartment in Greenwood Terrace, and I like living here. It has its own kitchenette, which has a refrigerator and a sink, and there's a bathroom and a living room. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and the menu is adequate. The staff is very nice and accommodating. They have activities like cards, and they also have a nice library.

June 01, 2017

By vicki800512

The rooms at Greenwood Terrace were excellent and laid out the same as other communities. The cafeteria was very spacious and had several items to choose from every day. I saw the exercise room and the library, which were very nice. I liked Greenwood Terrace because it was about half a mile from my home, which would be a plus for me. The facility was excellent. The staff who showed us around was very nice and very friendly.

May 22, 2017

By mary803507

The staff we encountered at Greenwood Terrace was very pleasant, but we were concerned that there wasn't any interaction between the residents. When we got there, there were only two people in the fellowship room, and they were not talking to each other. The rooms were average. Our impression was that living there would be like living in a dorm room.

Reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

February 23, 2017

By MS743054

I liked Greenwood Terrace better as they had people all the time if you need help. The managers seemed knowledgeable, and they interacted with the residents and asked them what they were doing. I really liked the rooms; they were very nice. We ate lunch, and the food was good. They had people and a band come in to sing songs. I really enjoyed talking to the people and got to see the people. They were very positive on things, but at the time we visited they were remodeling.

December 17, 2016

By Dorothy485781

Greenwood Terrace and its staff were very nice, though something happened to the person who was supposed to show us around, so another person showed us around. First, he had us eat lunch with the residents. The people and rooms were nice. They had a lot of activities and a salon. I would recommend it. We met some residents who sat with us at the lunch table and one came over to us after lunch and talked with us.

May 10, 2016

By Kim124472950

Greenwood Terrace is very nice, and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. Mom has a very large apartment compared to other places. They have bingo, choirs coming in, and other activities. I have eaten there, and I would say it is one area that was lacking because it's good but not great. The dining area is very nice, but they're getting ready to undergo a total renovation.

February 29, 2016

By Relative21

The food is wonderful at Greenwood Terrace. The facility is beautiful; it’s like a country club. The best is the price, it’s very affordable. Cleanliness sparkles. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and all speak English well. They all present themselves well and act like they care about the residents. The whole facility is run so that the residents come first.

December 28, 2015

By Gimonro

The staff and the residents at Greenwood Terrace were excellent, but they didn’t have any vacancies. They have an activities room, a library, watch movies, and take the residents out. They have everything that they would want.

May 17, 2015

By Ken43

We chose Greenwood Terrace because we felt that their value compared to other facilities were much higher than average. They serve excellent meals, and their staff was friendly. Their housekeeping is excellent. They provide a maid service to help the apartment. The maids were extremely helpful and friendly. The overall feel of the community was friendly. The activities were what my mother would enjoy doing. They have bird shows or live animals which my mom enjoys. Everything else was good. They have places for the residents to sit down if they get tired.

March 27, 2015

I was at Greenwood Terraces in Lenexa. It is in under another name like Holiday Retirement. I just wasn't terribly impressed. They have different services that you can subscribe to. It is independent, yet they have scheduled transportations. I can't tell you where it went, but it could be probably Wal-Mart or something.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm sorry that you had a negative impression of the community from your tour. Is there anything in particular that struck you as needing improvement? If so, we'd love to hear that feedback. Please feel free to call our Home Office at 1-800-370-8331.

January 16, 2015

My visit on Greenwood Terrace was interesting and very informative. The facility was very clean and friendly. They had a studio and one bathroom. The unit was big enough, but at the time it didn't fit what I needed. I ate a meal there, and it was very good. They offered a selection of meals for the residents. The dining facility was bright and cheery.

September 29, 2014

By Karen68555550

When I visited Greenwood Terrace for my parents, they didn't know I was coming. I just walked in to get information. What I didn't like about it when you walked in, you immediately walked into like a dining area. It gave me more of the nursing home feel, not an independent-retirement-living-facility feel. So initially I didn't like that. I just didn't like the way that felt. They showed me one room and it had no furniture in it. It was a two-bedroom and it was very chopped up, like the rooms weren't square. The person who toured me said, "We have another two-bedroom where the rooms are square, but this is the only one I had that I could show you today." So just by that, I like the other place better immediately. However, the one that showed me around, she was very welcoming, very nice, and very friendly. She called me back. They did have daily activities. They had shopping trips and movie nights.

June 17, 2014

Greenwood Terrace was very friendly and clean, but a little older. The staff was very nice, and they even invited me for lunch, but I wasn't able to join them. They invite me to go bring my mom there for lunch. They had two different areas to play games. They had a nice kitchen. The rooms they showed us were cozy. However, I thought they needed to update the place, like the hallways, to give it a more warm feeling when you walk in.

May 20, 2014

I am in Greenwood Terrace. Everybody is very friendly. I enjoy the other residents' company. They are willing to accommodate me, as my apartment burned down. They keep an eye on the residents without us really feeling like we are watched or having no privacy. Everybody is aware that everybody needs help. There's quite a variety of activities. There is popcorn and movies on Saturday night. We will a have Mother's Day luncheon tomorrow. There is bingo and poker. They have happy hour once or twice a month, and they have live entertainment that comes in. I would recommend them to others.

March 29, 2014

Greenwood Terrace seemed to be a very nice place. My biggest problem is finding something that I feel like I can afford. The staff is very nice. They invited me stay the weekend but I didn’t. The residents seemed to be pretty much people who would go around on their own. They have activities over there. They have exercise classes and card games. The place looked very inviting. I could live there if I feel like I can afford it. They have a big dining room, and they gave me a copy of the menu. It looked like there wasn’t anything that I couldn’t eat. It looked like a good place to live if you can afford it.

January 31, 2014

By Brenda28

We chose Greenwood Terrace because even if it was an independent living facility, it still offered three meals a day. There were also medical staff present during the day and resident director 24-hours a day. If they needed help with the medicines, there was a nurse. The place of my parents-in-law had one bedroom, a living area, bathroom, small sink, refrigerator and microwave. My father-in-law played the piano and they had a grand piano. He enjoyed playing it and the other residents enjoyed listening to him. There was transportation available if you wanted to go some place. They had a new chef and the food served was better. The staff were nice and helpful, they never complained about them. They were happy there.

March 28, 2013

By Aconcerneddaughter

My parents have lived here for over a year. Do not move your parents in here! What is promised on tour or web site is not what is delivered. The food is inedible, there is no care given to dietary requirements for individuals (diabetes, low sodium, non spiced food). The budget amount per person per day for food is about $4. Meals are served at 12:30 and 5pm. It takes approx. 1 1/2 hours for the meals to be served from salad to desert. Housekeeping is vacuuming and cleaning bathroom only. If you use their linen service you must use their sheets (sandpaper). All laundry is washed in home style washer dryers (not commercial). No dusting is done unless you have nothing on the flat surface. Although I thought it was a good idea to have managers live in the complex, I have changed my mind. If your parent falls or needs help, the managers dial 911 - that is all they are allowed to do. The managers main concern is keeping the apartments filled - not retaining residents! There is no handicap transportation. There is only one elevator for 3 floors of people using various types of transportation. Heating and cooling in units are old motel type units! If you interview to live here - Come more than once to eat - ask to be seated with someone who already lives there, not at a table by yourself or with the sales person. Get in writing what your rent will be and what the increases will be. This for sure a "renter beware) situation.

Hi, we are disappointed that Greenwood Terrace did not meet your expectations in the past. Over the years we have restructured our management model creating a wonderful environment for our residents. If you have any questions, please reach out!

March 06, 2013

By Not What Is Portryaed

I lived at Greenwood and was terribly disappointed in the food. They do not have a nurse on staff and we were told we had to be independent to live there. Apartments are broken into and security deposits not returned. Very disappointed with the whole place. I was afraid for my safely and moved as soon as I could make arrangements.

We're very sorry that you experienced these issues while at our Community. We would like to have someone address some of these concerns with you but we need more information. Please contact our Resident Relations Department at 1-800-370-8331 or email them at Resident.Relations@holidaytouch.com. Thank you

May 02, 2012

By Chirodoc1974

Greenwood is located in the heart of Johnson county, Kansas. They pride themselves on being one of the few facilities that offer many extras to their residents. They provide the residents with bimonthly health talks on various topics like diabetes, balance and nutrition. I was given a tour of the facilities by the administrator which included a spacious cafe and a library. Greenwood is a cross between a nursing facility and a over 55 community. The residents have their own vehicles and still continue to maintain their independence. The greatest feature of this facility is the staff. they truly care about the residents and they put a great deal of effort into promotion and staff. The regional director, Andy, was very kind and while I was there he answered all the questions I had about cost, insurance and onsite nursing. Their is also a 24 hour nurse on hand to address non-emergency medical problems. The grounds are kept very clean and well maintained. Another thing I noticed upon entering the facility is that it did NOT smell like a typical nursing home. All in all I give this place high praise and a top rating. I highly recommend.

April 18, 2012

By OldFolksHomeReview

The facility itself was fairly nice at Greenwood Terrace but nothing exceptional. The rooms were clean and had windows and were fairly plain, residents had to furnish and decorate the rooms themselves. The food offered was actually very good for an assisted living community. They offered several different items per meal as well as many standard options. They had white and dark meat chicken as well as rolls and mashed potatoes which were all surprisingly good. They also offered desserts such as cookies, cake, pie, and ice cream which all appeared very to be delicious. The residents were not all in good health but seemed to be reasonably healthy and happy considering the venue. The employees were all very nice and helpful when needed but were fairly busy and uninvolved. Overall for an assisted living community it seemed to be okay but it was not the best one I have seen. Other than the actual quality of the residence (room size, appearance, etc.) there are not too many places that offer a better place in the same price range.

Questions about Greenwood Terrace

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Greenwood Terrace. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Greenwood Terrace offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Greenwood Terrace exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Greenwood Terrace offer to independent living residents?

If Greenwood Terrace accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Greenwood Terrace work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Greenwood Terrace

Photos of Greenwood Terrace

Services and Amenities of Greenwood Terrace

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Garage, Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Greenwood Terrace

Greenwood Terrace is located in Lenexa, KS, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Greenwood Terrace for a visit...and stay!

Map of Greenwood Terrace