Brookdale Leawood State Line

Reviews of Brookdale Leawood State Line

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Leawood State Line

January 13, 2016

By AnonymousClient101

Brookdale Leawood State Line is a nice place that is generally clean and decorated nicely, but I don’t think the care is great, especially for the Alzheimer's patients. The staff doesn’t know what they are doing. They did not make a point to greet me except for one person, the recreational director, who was very nice and very helpful. The rooms were nice and decently sized enough for a bed and a dresser.

June 21, 2013

By Caring Respondent

If distance wasn't such a major issue I would have preferred to place mom at Clare Bridge. It really upsets me because that was my first choice and we gave them up for distance. I am regretting it and almost wishing I had put her there. I am really regretting that much and I can't move her again, it's so bad for her. Their building is shaped like a donut. I think it was an awesome thing for the people that walk especially in Missouri. They had birds, a dog, and a certain amount of plant life indoors. They seemed more into the residents.

June 28, 2011

By Roberts1980

The Clare Bridge of Leawood facility is specifically geared toward Alzheimer's and Dementia patients. The location is generally good: the facility is directly on a busy street, but surrounded on three sides by pretty residential neighbourhoods. The building is secure and organised in 4 separate hallways to allow residents to interact with a small consistent group of people. The inner courtyards have a lot of walking paths and plenty of raised planter beds and opportunities for gardening activities. A double room seems like a very nicely arranged, open apartment with separate spaces for a bed and living area, or two bedrooms with attached bath. The single room is quite a bit smaller and seemed to me to be a tight squeeze for a couple, though my guide said some couples do share one. I was really impressed with the staff, as my guide seemed to have a strong personal relationship with several residents, and I even saw employees with no resident-care duties (I think he was the head of maintenance) stop and have a long conversation with a resident couple. The management seems equally invested in the individual residents and their interests. For example, my guide said that just the day before one resident was having a particularly bad day so she took just him out to the lake for a few hours. On the other hand, my guide did not really talk at all about planned activities for the residents. I would recommend investigating this aspect carefully before choosing Clare Bridge, but I would recommend this facility to a loved one with Alzheimer's or Dementia.
See all Memory Care reviews (3) See fewer reviews

• Renal

• Pets: Small Pets

• State Licenses: N046052

About Brookdale Leawood State Line

At Brookdale Leawood State Line we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Leawood State Line are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Leawood State Line