Derby Health and Rehabilitation

Reviews of Derby Health and Rehabilitation

Nursing Home Reviews for Derby Health and Rehabilitation

January 16, 2017

By janet2017

If you are expecting highly skilled medical professionals, this is not the facility for you. While the therapists are adequate and the staff very friendly, the lack of knowledgeable, positive leadership is very apparent. The food was generally good, albeit typically cold and skimpy on the portions. And, you never knew when meals would be served. The final straw was when my father left and we were supposed to pick up prescriptions. The floor nurse called in the prescription but did not provide all the needed data. It is more than a week later and after several messages to Derby Health & Rehab, they have not provided the information yet. It’s a good thing those prescriptions weren’t critical to his care. Derby Health & Rehab is not a facility I could recommend.

October 17, 2012

By maxsmom1982

My family had brought me along to tour this nursing home for my Grandmother's care since I had worked in many nursing faciltiies (state and private.) The home is broken up into several units, all with their own kitchen/dining, and living quarters. My Grandmother had her own room her entire stay. The facility was very clean when I had visited and the staff were friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, my Grandmother passed away (she was terminal), but if I had to choose another nursing facility for another family member, I would definitely feel comfortable leaving my loved ones here to be taken care of. The facility is clean, the rooms are clean, the residents are clean, and the food isn't half bad either!

December 07, 2011

By Sahara

Derby Health and Rehabilitation is a very nice facility. It consists of four connected "houses", each with its own gathering area, dining area, and kitchen. Most rooms are private and spacious.The staff is very good. We had very few bad experiences with my mother's care. The nurses are very watchful and skilled. Most of the CNA's work very hard. Everyone, including the administration, is very caring and compassionate.I was extrememly pleased with the therapy my mother received. They worked with her diligently and did what they could to make things easier for her.The food is usually pretty good. They try to give the residents what they want if they don't like what is being prepared. However, sometimes their selections are very limited. There are some excellent cooks and some that are not so good. There is not enough nursing staff. Each house has one nurse and two aides (one aide overnight), and they are often overwhelmed. The aides are expected to provide patient care, do their laundry, bring everyone back and forth for meals, serve the meals and drinks, do some cleaning, and of course, document things. I believe that the quality of care would be enhanced by hiring more CNA's.The medical doctor and PA are excellent and I could not ask for better treatment for them. They are very thorough and compassionate.I volunteer at Derby Rehab and I love it. I highly recommend it as a trustworthy place to care for your loved ones.

Services and Amenities of Derby Health and Rehabilitation

About Derby Health and Rehabilitation

Derby Health and Rehabilitation is a senior living provider in Derby, Kansas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Derby Health and Rehabilitation for more details on services and rates.

Map of Derby Health and Rehabilitation