Lakepoint Nursing Center

Reviews of Lakepoint Nursing Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Lakepoint Nursing Center

March 04, 2014

By familymember201

Pros: Clean facility. Cons: Disappointed with the support the administration provided when trying to make a long term care decision for my mother. Case worker was not supportive, provided limited resources and offered little compassion for family going through placing a loved one in a long term care facility. Food was ok, but nothing great. Many times it arrived cold to my mother's room. Staff response time to call lights could be up to an hour. Limited activities during the day.

May 15, 2013

By blkprl

Staff was harried as the aides tried to provide service for residents. Food was burnt and inedible. My dad got a sinus infection that was going around and it turned to pneumonia. I found him sitting in a chair in wet underwear, unattended. He was slumped over, unable to lift his head or move hardly at all. He was confused, didn't know where he was and needed to go to hospital. Staff tried to prevent me from taking him. I finally exercised my POA. Their last words were to me were to tell me he would not be admitted to the hospital. He did get admitted and I will NEVER return to Lakepoint EVER! The neglect was horrible and their insistence that "it's only a little infection" was terrifying to me.

December 12, 2011

By wachinout4u

Other

I like this nursing home. It is part of a continuum of care community in the rural city of Augusta. This is a person centered model of care delivery facility, which means it truly is all about choice! Residents are always up and dressed and plenty of activities are provided. There is a community room, beauty shop, movie theatre and even a bowling alley! It is always bustling. Food is very good. I like that there always seems to be plenty of staff and it is family friendly as well. It was deficiency free on state survey. Awesome!

About Lakepoint Nursing Center

Lakepoint Nursing Center is a senior living provider in Augusta, Kansas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Lakepoint Nursing Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Lakepoint Nursing Center